Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,129 members, 7,842,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings (33448 Views)

5 Warning Lights You Should Never Ignore In Your Car! / 45 Automobile Acronyms And Their Meanings / Six Vehicle Warning Signs Your Nose Can Recognize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by bishie101(m): 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2016
Nice one man..Jisike

2 Likes

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by nairaman66(m): 4:53pm On Mar 23, 2016
Kudos to the op!! Really impressive... Atleast this is t about how tonto dike bought her first bra from Alaba market!! grin

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by mimikoko: 4:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
Great job op. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by sauskyjoe(m): 4:59pm On Mar 23, 2016
masonkz:
Nice write up. Remind me of the day I got scared when I saw my O/D light on grin grin ... got home and Googled what it meant, before my mind got back to rest grin

On another note, My Check Engine light has been on for as long as 7 months now, or so. I've never visited a mechanic since I bought the car and only use Mobil stations for servicing, hence I'm scared of using just any mechanic to check why the Check Engine light is always on.

Can anyone recommend a good place I can go check it out? Thanks

I think u shuld talk to gazzuzz
Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by watered(m): 5:08pm On Mar 23, 2016
This is why I prefer my power bike. We got no time for all of these numerous lightening.

#TeamPowerBike

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by lakesidew2: 5:10pm On Mar 23, 2016
Thank you for such an educative post.

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by cecegorz(m): 5:12pm On Mar 23, 2016
Nice one bro.

Car dash board are gradually turning into plane cock pits.

Indicator lights everywhere.

Let them add a special indicator for Nigerians, that will indicate fuel stations that are selling fuel grin grin

5 Likes

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by HephzibahO: 5:16pm On Mar 23, 2016
masonkz:
Nice write up. Remind me of the day I got scared when I saw my O/D light on grin grin ... got home and Googled what it meant, before my mind got back to rest grin

On another note, My Check Engine light has been on for as long as 7 months now, or so. I've never visited a mechanic since I bought the car and only use Mobil stations for servicing, hence I'm scared of using just any mechanic to check why the Check Engine light is always on.

Get your own Car Scanner Kit. You don't need a mechanic to read and interpret Check Engine Codes. You can do it yourself. You can contact OnekyCardiagnostics- once you have an android phone or A laptop...within 30minutes, they show you how to diagnose your car especially with the check engine light on...and the tool also clears check engine light. Thus you become your own mechanic. It is not costly at all. Call them on 08166044500. They are well known in the industry. They are in Lagos but have agents nationwide. They also attend to people all over nigeria.

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by segcymoor(m): 5:16pm On Mar 23, 2016
Nice info!

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by Sunymoore(m): 5:21pm On Mar 23, 2016
Educative post

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by joey150(m): 5:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
Good... Thanks to instrumental and control systems.

There are increasing amounts of cencors in automobile and general machinery.

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by professore(m): 5:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
This is informative

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by chris070(m): 5:42pm On Mar 23, 2016
Thanks

1 Like

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by justineu(m): 5:46pm On Mar 23, 2016
want to ask wo questionz:

1.Pls wat does the spinal in dash board means?

2. When a car needs servicing wat sign does it give?tnks
Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by hrhjnr(m): 5:47pm On Mar 23, 2016
smiley
Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by hrhjnr(m): 5:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
Front page!!!! shocked shocked shocked Thanks everyone for all the comments. It's greatly appreciated. Wasn't done yet. Have you a few left for me to share.

More...
Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by hrhjnr(m): 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
This light could be lit in a multitude of colors. It means the windshield washer fluid is low and needs to filled. The washer fluid may also be used for the rear window and HID headlight lenses.

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by hrhjnr(m): 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
Vehicles come with tire pressure monitoring systems that keep track of how much pressure is left in all of the tires. If this light is illuminated, one or more of the tire’s pressure is low and needs to be attende

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by donephi(m): 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
Wow! Educating
Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by hrhjnr(m): 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
Not that common any more, this light indicates a vehicle’s overdrive system is currently disabled. It will light up if overdrive has been manually disabled or if there is a problem with the transmission.

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by hrhjnr(m): 5:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
Signifies the parking and/or emergency brake is currently applied. Illuminates any time the vehicle’s mechanical or electrical brake is on. If the brake has been released, but the light remains on, there may be an issue with the system.

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by hrhjnr(m): 5:57pm On Mar 23, 2016
This light refers to a fault in the power steering system. It can be displayed in a multitude of colors, but usually red or amber. If illuminated, the vehicle should be taken to a mechanic as soon as possible.

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by hrhjnr(m): 5:58pm On Mar 23, 2016
This light means “please depress the brake pedal.” It can be illuminated when trying to start the vehicle and/or when attempting to put the vehicle into gear. Different vehicles can have a theme on

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by hrhjnr(m): 6:00pm On Mar 23, 2016
If you happened to buy a vehicle with a manual transmission, you have seen this warning light. It signifies the clutch needs to be depressed, usually when starting the ignition. It differs from depress brake pedal image by lacking the extra crescents on the sides of the circle.

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by hrhjnr(m): 6:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
justineu:
want to ask wo questionz:

1.Pls wat does the spinal in dash board means?

2. When a car needs servicing wat sign does it give?tnks

These are the service vehicle lights. They are similar to the check engine lights, but refer to the vehicle as a whole and not just the engine. They may indicate a fault in the wheels, brakes, suspension, etc. The lights can be amber, orange or red.

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by hrhjnr(m): 6:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
Some vehicles come equipped with power retractable spoilers. This light usually indicates the spoiler is currently deployed. It may also flash when the spoiler is rising or retracting.

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by greggng: 6:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
If you re in lagos and close to ayobo then u re a lucky man. The name of the mechanic am introducing to you is Ade. Infact he is the best I ve ever seen. I ve recommended more than 10 people to him and and they all went home happier. First he will scan ur car and copy all the codess. Secondly he will bring out a special software that will tell him all the meaning of those codes plus a diagram of ur car and position of the problems being shown. At the end he will write a comprehensive report on all that is needed plus the amount. My brother after he gave me my report, I told him that I ve a brother selling parts at ladipo and I will collect those parts and pay month end. That was how I bought all those parts in other to cut cost and immediately he fixed everything, my car was alife again. He is a professional I can give u his number to visit his workshop at ayobo mechanic village. His charges re cool. For your info I ve already wasted 70k on a fake mechanic called Patrick whom I met at nairaland. Who took me to airforce mechanic village near mangoro were he killed my car. God bless Mr ade.

masonkz:

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by hrhjnr(m): 6:05pm On Mar 23, 2016
This is the seat belt light. It illuminates if the car is in motion and the driver’s seat belt is not fastened. Most modern cars also come equipped with a sensor in the front passenger seat and if a passenger is

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by hrhjnr(m): 6:06pm On Mar 23, 2016
Refers to the stability control system. Can be illuminated if the stability control has been manually disabled by the driver. Some vehicles will flash this symbol when the stability control is actively working. It may also stay lit up if there is an issue with the system.

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by hrhjnr(m): 6:06pm On Mar 23, 2016
This light can be related to the automatic start or start/stop system. With an automatic starter, the light may be illuminated until the car is manually started using the key. In a vehicle with start/stop, the light will illuminate if the system is turned off by the driver or if there is a fault.

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by hrhjnr(m): 6:07pm On Mar 23, 2016
This light indicates the steering is locked. Many vehicles will lock the steering in place when the ignition is not in the ‘run’ position. Others can lock the steering if the programmed chip in the key is not present.

Re: A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings by hrhjnr(m): 6:08pm On Mar 23, 2016
A light referring to a trailer hitch lock system some vehicles are equipped with. It will turn on if the vehicle detects the trailer hitch is currently unlocked or if there is a fault with the system.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers / Photos : Accident Leads To Fight Between BRT Staff And Car Owner In Lagos / Mercedes Celebrate G-Class 40th Anniversary With 3 “Stronger Than Time” Editions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.