Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,312 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad (35689 Views)

Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters / Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / These Are The Best Countries You Should Consider If You Want To Live Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by ooshinibos: 1:43pm On Mar 24, 2016
lestat:

Effects of sleeping in the scorching heat, with mosquitoes eating away in the dark without powersupply, way too many times.

Or is it the bad roads? Lack of consumer rights? Do Nigerians even have any idea what consumer rights are?

This is why food and commodity prices change randomly in Nigeria without any consequences!!

Does any governor, senator or house of rep member even know the price of a cup of rice?

My point is, don't condemn something because you aren't benefiting from it!

There no single sane citizen of Nigeria that wouldn't love to relocate to a better country if given the opportunity!

Pls let's tell ourselves the truth!!!
well said ..given the opportunity , 70 percent will leave Naija ..even the rich will leave except billionaire or the oppressors , Nigeria is a waste of humanity

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by seunajia: 1:44pm On Mar 24, 2016
One word: tranquillity.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by InvertedHammer: 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2016
Jonathan2787:
[b]Yes its true we all want to travel out the only chance we get, and at the slightest opportunity we get, because of simple ignorance and because we are curious,we believe standard of living is high, my aunt who resides there for 15 years now has a nice car and bought a house in abuja, she said they are paid based on how many hours they work not this monthly salary here in naija, they have uninterrupted power supply, wifi everywhere(my favorite), no police brutality, freedom of speech, awesome educational system, highest level of civilization, most beautiful, serene environment,

BUT IN A NUTSHELL SHE TOLD ME I AM BETTER OFF IN NIGERIA IF I CAN BE EDUCATED AND MAKE BY BIENG SELF EMPLOYED, BECAUSE ALL THE GOOD THINGS I HEAR ABOUT US IS ONLY ENJOYED BY THIER CITIZENS EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT AMERICAN AND GETS A CERTIFICATE OF CITIZENSHIP, YOU WILL STILL SUFFER TO MAKE IT THERE, HINDRANCE EVERYWHERE, YOUR CERT IS NOTHING THERE, YOU CAN'T BECOME A BOSS OF A COMPANY THAT ISNT YOURS THERE, THE TRUTH IS YOU ARE ALWAYS A KING IN YOUR HOME, EVEN IF YOUR HOME IS HELL, BUT THE MOMENT A KING LEAVES HIS HOME FOR A FOREIGN LAND HE BECOMES A SLAVE TO THE KING IN THAT LAND, ITS BETTER I BE A KING IN NAIJA THAN BE A SLAVE ABROAD, HERE I DO THINGS FREELY WHICH WILL GET ME JAILED INSTANTLY THERE, A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.
[/b]
/
LOL.
Your aunt lived somewhere for about 15years, bought a car and a house in Abuja. She advised you not to go and you listened. Car and house no dey hungry you? So your biggest issue is the hardwork involved or the fact that you cannot get away with petty crime? I no blame you. Daddy and mummy still dey feed you.
When you graduate and finish youth service, your attitude will change. Of course, you can be the king in Nigeria at the gas station with your jerrycan in tow.
/

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 24, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
LOL.
Your aunt lived somewhere for about 15years, bought a car and a house in Abuja. She advised you not to go and you listened. Car and house no dey hungry you? So your biggest issue is the hardwork involved or the fact that you cannot get away with petty crime? I no blame you. Daddy and mummy still dey feed you.
When you graduate and finish youth service, your attitude will change. Of course, you can be the king in Nigeria at the gas station with your jerrycan in tow.
/
my aunt is my dad eldest sister, so imagine how long it took her to make that money she bought the car after shes now old to enjoy life i know what am saying, that's why i pray to God to make me something not to take me abroad, my dad has been there but returned, what he is today is not because he went there its because he knows what he wants and how to get it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 24, 2016
I have lived abroad, in Singapore and London, not visit. Nigeria at the end of the day is where the money at, if only you open your eyes and see. Fine they have better standard of living, but Dangote, Tony elumelu, Mike adenuga, linda ikeji are not fools living here.

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by ttmacoy: 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2016
I'm sorry to say but that is her experience and is not universal. All depends on her status when she went, her skills and experience etc. There are job that pay per hour and job that are salary based so her saying you only get paid per hour is totally wrong. There are even professional jobs that pay per hour as well but on an annual basis it is a lot of money, it just means they calculate rates per hour.

She saying you will suffer to make it in america is her experi ace again and not reflective of everyone. It's this same America that Indians relocate and rise to the top of companies like Google etc. I know many many Nigerians in solid jobs in America and other countries. I you compare specific job by job eg banker in America to banker in the Nigeria, Doctor in America to doctor in the Nigeria etc will you say they are same? We tend to compare people we know who maybe they were illegal and end up with not so good jobs and assume that's everyone in America.

Th manner you relocate also plays a part and the age eg the older you are looking harder it is to integrate properly into the system.

You can't be your own boss in America? Total bullshit. Capital does not know race. If you have a good idea it's easier to fund it in America than Nigeria and there are many many many companies founded by foreigners. Please go to silicon valley and see all the foreign owns start ups all over the place.

I'm sorry but your Aunty seems to have gotten stuck in a rut in America and there may be many reasons for that but don't say no one makes it there. What did you Aunty do in Nigeria before she went and would she have been a millionaire if she stayed in Nigeria?

Your last sentence sum up your mentality. You are happy to do things in Nigeria and get away with it, things you obviously know are wrong and yet you yearn for change in the country.

Jonathan2787:
[b]Yes its true we all want to travel out the only chance we get, and at the slightest opportunity we get, because of simple ignorance and because we are curious,we believe standard of living is high, my aunt who resides there for 15 years now has a nice car and bought a house in abuja, she said they are paid based on how many hours they work not this monthly salary here in naija, they have uninterrupted power supply, wifi everywhere(my favorite), no police brutality, freedom of speech, awesome educational system, highest level of civilization, most beautiful, serene environment,

BUT IN A NUTSHELL SHE TOLD ME I AM BETTER OFF IN NIGERIA IF I CAN BE EDUCATED AND MAKE BY BIENG SELF EMPLOYED, BECAUSE ALL THE GOOD THINGS I HEAR ABOUT US IS ONLY ENJOYED BY THIER CITIZENS EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT AMERICAN AND GETS A CERTIFICATE OF CITIZENSHIP, YOU WILL STILL SUFFER TO MAKE IT THERE, HINDRANCE EVERYWHERE, YOUR CERT IS NOTHING THERE, YOU CAN'T BECOME A BOSS OF A COMPANY THAT ISNT YOURS THERE, THE TRUTH IS YOU ARE ALWAYS A KING IN YOUR HOME, EVEN IF YOUR HOME IS HELL, BUT THE MOMENT A KING LEAVES HIS HOME FOR A FOREIGN LAND HE BECOMES A SLAVE TO THE KING IN THAT LAND, ITS BETTER I BE A KING IN NAIJA THAN BE A SLAVE ABROAD, HERE I DO THINGS FREELY WHICH WILL GET ME JAILED INSTANTLY THERE, A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.
[/b]

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
LOL.
/
yes and you can be a king by building your own filling station to develop your country so that people will stop ruining to America, its just like abandoning your house because its rickety and moving to someones house to live, instead repairing yours and do what you want in your house

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by Yemizy(m): 2:23pm On Mar 24, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
The reasons Why we Nigerians live abroad are.
1. We want uninterrupted electricity ( For 10 years now, i haven't seen electricity go off for just 2 minutes)
2. We won't be treated differently because we are poor or not so rich.
3. The police don't manhandle us
4. Good roads (I haven't seen a gutter or an open rain drainage in 10 years)
5. Human Rights (We can take Bill Gates, Rick Ross to court and still win) can you take Dangote to court in Nigeria and win your case ??
6. There is law and orderliness (You can't use a siren or get preferential treatment because you're rich) you must obey the law or you pay heavily.
7. Free education(no ASUU strike) and health care.
8.We make good money (A janitor, Bus driver earns what a Nigerian bank manager earn in one month in just 2 weeks

9. Everything works.
10. Life is good
is dat true
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by NaijaCuzin: 2:35pm On Mar 24, 2016
OP,HV u heard hw popular Davido was almost arrested ....Una Neva see anything

Maybe after spending N500K to travel abroad and they depot you back,that is when you will learn our lesson.

Dont lure Nigerians

#peaceOUT #brainDRAIN
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by bigfrancis21: 3:00pm On Mar 24, 2016
zikIPE:

Hello everybody,
today, we're going to discuss why Nigerians don't like Nigeria. It's hardly a secret that any Nigerian, if given the oppourtunity would jump on the next available flight out of the country. So i decided to outline a few of the reasons why i think this is so.
1. Better standard of living we all know that the economy of our dear country is not in commendable form. This has caused a lot of families to live on less than 1$ daily. In america, you can fill yourself up with junk food for a whole day and save the rest of your money.....or so i've heard
2. Education system well, this needs little or no explanation. I'm quite sure that it's only in Nigeria that we have 22 year olds still at home waiting to pass JAMB- That's when they manage to pass WAEC. And eventually, if JAMB lets you go, Post UTME will make you celebrate your 23rd birthday at home. But in other countries, your admission is stress free and their teaching methods/equipment are state of the art. Nuff said.
3. Bragging rights in Nigeria, once you tell someone you've been abroad, you get exclusive VIP treatment. I think this can be attributed to the low self esteem possessed by most Nigerians. They don't even care if the abroad is Togo, Niger or Somalia. To them, abroad is abroad.
4. Village witches and last but not least on my list( i didn't do that intentionally cheesy ) is the village witches. Outside Nigeria is the only place i know their wicked hands can't reach you. I've never heard of anyone dying of mysterious causes in America.
Add Yours at this point, i take a bow and step behind the curtains while y'all help me complete it.

@number 3: I do not think it is as a result of low self-esteem. Nigerians, home and abroad, are a set of people that definitely do not have low self esteem. Rather, it is due to the fact that Nigerians think highly of other countries and theirs as 'hell'. It is just the default way of thinking, not low self esteem as you have put it.

However, I agree with the rest of what you have said.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by IGLE25(m): 3:01pm On Mar 24, 2016
Who told you you have to show your green card everywhere? Big Phat Lie!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by teekay213(m): 3:09pm On Mar 24, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
1. We want uninterrupted electricity ( For 10 years now, i haven't seen electricity go off for just 2 minutes)
5. Human Rights (We can take Bill Gates, Rick Ross to court and still win) can you take Dangote to court in Nigeria and win your case ??
6. There is law and orderliness (You can't use a siren or get preferential treatment because you're rich) you must obey the law or you pay heavily.
8.We make good money (A janitor, Bus driver earns what a Nigerian bank manager earn in one month in just 2 weeks

9. Everything works.
10. Life is good
you talk scene but see your dp.
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by BetaThings: 3:18pm On Mar 24, 2016
So why do we have this

Black Lives Matter
movement?
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 24, 2016
A lot of ignorant folks here lying about being abroad. Who told you healthcare is free or education? Even for citizens u have to pay a fortune not to talk of immigrants. Yes, u can get free subsidized healthcare for the poor through initiative like Medicaid but u have to be a legal resident who pays taxes. Same with attending of public schools.

Only legal residents can truly enjoy living abroad because they have the opportunity of getting decent work, however, for u to live a high quality life, u should be educated. The lowest paid worker may earn as much as a bank manager if he converts his money directly but it doesn't work that way. After paying bills, u would find u barely have enough to sustain yourself if u do not earn well. People enjoy good quality infrastructure because they pay well for it. In Nigeria, people pay peanuts as taxes, electricity bills etc and yet they expect services as good as those abroad. That is an absolute joke.

Quality food and clothes ain't even cheap. The good thing with living abroad is the structure, cleanliness and orderliness and everyone can find clothes, food and shelter fit for his pay grade which would still be better than what obtains in naija. One can live a decent life if one is a middle income earner and a legal resident. Anything short of that and u are going to live a life of going from paycheck to paycheck and getting jobs meant for dregs of society, barely having any savings.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by manny4life(m): 3:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
lekjons:
i can't live abroad(green card wahala, racists here and there, terrible jobs, you have to be showing your green card to police everywhere like say you be vehicle, Donald Trump wahala still dey for reserve.. on top wetin), i can only go to make money! there's no place that can be fun like home!!

What are you talking about?

America has racist and Nigeria has what?

I don't think you know what exactly you're talking about.. Sorry

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by manny4life(m): 3:36pm On Mar 24, 2016
Sacluxpaint:
I have lived abroad, in Singapore and London, not visit. Nigeria at the end of the day is where the money at, if only you open your eyes and see. Fine they have better standard of living, but Dangote, Tony elumelu, Mike adenuga, linda ikeji are not fools living here.

Of cos you mentioned the very wealthy people, now compare it on a per cap or ratio basis and you will see the difference. There's a reason why Bill Gates and co are making money in Nigeria (through their subsidiaries) and Dangote/Eumelu and co are not making money in America even with a subsidiary, if any. Nigeria is a good place to make money if you have the resource, America on the part, provides the resource and a stable environment to make the money. That's why America will always have more successful people whichever way you look at it

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by RichYoungNigga: 3:38pm On Mar 24, 2016
RaeMystix:

I understand that of free education from k-12, but free Healthcare?. I guest you most be refering to countries in Europe. Perhaps England, N. I reland?.

USA
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by femiero: 3:45pm On Mar 24, 2016
lekjons:
i can't live abroad(green card wahala, racists here and there, terrible jobs, you have to be showing your green card to police everywhere like say you be vehicle, Donald Trump wahala still dey for reserve.. on top wetin), i can only go to make money! there's no place that can be fun like home!!

Lol. Did you just say racism? You think there is no racism in Nigeria? It's even worse in Nigeria or what do you think the while fulani cattlemen killings is all about?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by Sprintson(m): 3:54pm On Mar 24, 2016
flyca:
5. Inspiration: Here, you can draw inspiration from your immediate environment. The roads, the trees, the waters, the order!

6. Sanity: Nothing beats living in a sane society. True. From the transport service, metros, trains, driving, riding, walking everything is in sequence. No trampling, no stuggling, no noise.

7. Internet: I enjoy unlimited data here for less than N2000 (direct conversion) per month. Besides, every eatery, pub, mall etc has Wi-Fi.

8. Security. You want to know how it feels strolling home at 12 midnight without having to worry about your phone? The answer is: Good.

Most importantly, you see a government that truly and sincerely cares about the citizenry.

There are a lot but I'm not much of a writer.

I tire for this useless Nation but some people like us gotta fight for our opportunity and more so think of how to live legitim8ly yonder especially when u only got God.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 24, 2016
lekjons:

I've never had to show my GC to a police officer in 30 years.

Let's be disciplined.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by thewatcher2020: 4:49pm On Mar 24, 2016
mmsen:

People all over the world are treated differently according to status/wealth - if you think that you will be treated like Oprah Winfrey when you work as a teacher then you are moronic.

The judicial system everywhere works for the benefit of those with means - to expect that you will receive the same level of justice or care as an immigrant laborer is again naive. If you genuinely believe that then I suggest that you read up on Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan - both of whom have been involved in numerous crimes, including drug offences but somehow avoided jail time.

The judicial system is loaded with prejudice and bias - class, race, status, appearance all play into what kind of judgment a defendant will receive. Judges are not robots, they're raised in the same cesspool of bigotry and prejudice as the rest of society. They are not above making judgments based on preconceived notions.

You may feel like you make 'good money' as a janitor but your quality of life will be poor because a significant percentage of your wages will be spent trying to keep the lights on and a roof over your head - I notice that many immigrants are remarkably stupid when it comes to getting excited over wages. The money you will receive in these minimum wage positions is enough to buy food and maybe just enough for a portion of your rent in the big cities - you will not be living well by any stretch of the imagination. Also, quality healthcare is never free, in most nations you will require health insurance.

And the police most certainly can and do harass private individuals. People are pulled over for driving while black, at will. That's not just in America, it happens in Switzerland and other parts of Europe. And if you live in a horrible part of town then your interactions with the police will increase in frequency.

It's clear that many of you possess a completely unrealistic, romanticized vision of foreign nations and have no clue what it takes to build a nation to be proud of hence the obsession with acquiring visas to unknown climes - countries with their own internal problems, prejudices and cultural nuances of which most of you are ignorant. The worst of you are the characters who decide that your life in your home country is so awful that it's better to overstay on your tourist or student visa than to return home and strive to improve your life and add to your nation's well-being.

God bless you for this post. so many of them don't even paint the picture as it is. Let's be clear on this- THE WHITE MAN DOESN'T RESPECT YOU, HE is JUST BEING TOLERANT OF YOUR PRESENCE IN HIS COUNTRY. No matter the smiles and facial expression of happiness, those people gonna forever see you as a semi-human. Most people just sit down there and talk about quality of life in here. I laugh. Your psychological well being isn't distorted when a sales attendant follows you about inside the shop? Even when you know you've got more money to buy stuffs inside more than the regular white guy inside? When police pulls you over for no damnnn reason, just to ask you for your ID? Look, I'd say it here and forever, Until when an African from Nigeria sees Kenya, Senegal, Mali, Burkinafaso and the rest countries as the destination "abroad" and same for African countries, we shall forever remain 2ndclass citizens. Keep living in denial, the rest of you. I make money here but every fucc.cking day, I feel like I don't belong here. I wake up and wanna get through the day as fast as possible. Painful thing some fucking guys would quit banking jobs in nigeria to become dish washers for these skinheads here!

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by BetaThings: 4:51pm On Mar 24, 2016
manny4life:

What are you talking about?

America has racist and Nigeria has what?

I don't think you know what exactly you're talking about.. Sorry

Why do we have Black Lives Matter?

I have done some things with the Police in Nigeria that if tried in America, I would be very stiff
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by BetaThings: 4:56pm On Mar 24, 2016
thewatcher2020:

God bless you for this post. so many of them don't even paint the picture as it is. Let's be clear on this- THE WHITE MAN DOESN'T RESPECT YOU, HE is JUST BEING TOLERANT OF YOUR PRESENCE IN HIS COUNTRY. No matter the smiles and facial expression of happiness, those people gonna forever see you as a semi-human. Most people just sit down there and talk about quality of life in here. I laugh. Your psychological well being isn't distorted when a sales attendant follows you about inside the shop? Painful thing some fucking guys would quit banking jobs in nigeria to become dish washers for these skinheads here!

Nigerians generally have low self esteem

I read a story of some 2 Nigerians brutally beaten in India because they were accused by a boy
Yet a Chinese (the boss) wanted to slam a matchete on the head of a Nigerian (an employee); the guy held up his hand to protect his head and lost two fingers in the process
This has happened less than 4 weeks ago in Cross River State

The Chinese is out on bail!!!!
No Nigerian would survive that in China

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by thewatcher2020: 4:56pm On Mar 24, 2016
No matter how you slice it... the black man doesn't belong to the whiteman's world. Y'all just be forcing shiit. The happiness y'all claim to have in the west is nothing but illusion. A Norwegian would go to Australia and never feel lost in the society irrespective of location. You black, the stereotypes gonna stay on forever- "y'all good for nothing". I got a couple of white friends. Surfing, biking and shit but whenever I hit Trinidad, Trinidad ooooo, not Nigeria, I feel so bleeping at home more. Gosh! You won't understand. Trust me it's not about the money. I got that in abundance at my level if you ask me. But hey, this place would never be home. forget it. We are worlds apart with this people.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by thewatcher2020: 4:58pm On Mar 24, 2016
BetaThings:

Nigerians generally have low self esteem

I read a story of some 2 Nigerians brutally beaten in India because they were accused by a boy
Yet a Chinese (the boss) wanted to slam a matchete on the head of a Nigerian (an employee); the guy held up his hand to protect his head and lost two fingers in the process
This has happened less than 4 weeks ago in Cross River State

The Chinese is out on bail!!!!
No Nigerian would survive that in China
Just imagine that. Out on bail already? #smh
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by Tellemall: 5:00pm On Mar 24, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

9. Everything works.
10. Life is good

No 3 though. Not entirely true. Or the Americans wouldn't have been protesting and constantly reporting occurences of police brutality.

No 6. People will always break the law.
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by ATERI(m): 5:07pm On Mar 24, 2016
banmee:

You forgot to add; No jungle justice, good roads, 24 hrs power supply, you can go anywhere at any hour of the day, you can call the police and they will be there in 5 min, and lastly, you can do or be whatever you want to be. All you have to do is imagine it.

No jungle justice? Where does black lives matter come from?

Good roads? Do you pay road tax and council tax regularly or not?

Round-the-clock securiry? Can`t be in UK and US, or can it?

Be whatever you want to be? Racism and your age make that tricky

Better education? only exists in private schools which are not affordable

Better standard of living? Debatable if you are not a professional

All other things being equal, far better for kids to go to school in Nigeria than abroad, especially if you are not poor

But still more advantageous for adult to go abroad, at least, for a while.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by ATERI(m): 5:13pm On Mar 24, 2016
thewatcher2020:
No matter how you slice it... the black man doesn't belong to the whiteman's world. Y'all just be forcing shiit. The happiness y'all claim to have in the west is nothing but illusion. A Norwegian would go to Australia and never feel lost in the society irrespective of location. You black, the stereotypes gonna stay on forever- "y'all good for nothing". I got a couple of white friends. Surfing, biking and shit but whenever I hit Trinidad, Trinidad ooooo, not Nigeria, I feel so bleeping at home more. Gosh! You won't understand. Trust me it's not about the money. I got that in abundance at my level if you ask me. But hey, this place would never be home. forget it. We are worlds apart with this people.

Blunt and indisputable truth!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by BetaThings: 5:14pm On Mar 24, 2016
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by Chazzyboy: 5:23pm On Mar 24, 2016
GreenWhiteGreen:
Niggas hustling online and spending $$ here in Nigeria. I see no reason traveling abroad aside for advanced studies grin. May dollars and pounds continue to increase. grin
I want follow u hustle online
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by manny4life(m): 5:48pm On Mar 24, 2016
BetaThings:

Why do we have Black Lives Matter?

I have done some things with the Police in Nigeria that if tried in America, I would be very stiff

Black Live Matter is nothing short of a movement, it's no different from the Biafran agitation of SE Nigeria. Whether you support or against it is a personal preference, bottom line is both are a movement: while one is agitating violence against blacks, the other is agitating for separation (I have no interest in rehashing history).

Nigeria and America have different culture and discipline. There are somethings I can do in America with minor punishment and I would NEVER dare try in Nigeria or God forbid, risk being burned alive. So please, don't compare both.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Stowaways Filmed Hiding In A Europe-Bound Ship On The Sea (Pics/Video) / 200 Cars Involved In Massive Collision In China's Zhengzhou due to dense fog / Man Dies In Accident Months To His Wedding. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.