Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,135 members, 7,849,554 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:35 AM

Stocking!!! Nigerians Don’t Abuse Children Sexually - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Stocking!!! Nigerians Don’t Abuse Children Sexually (1171 Views)

House Help Abuse: Why Some Nigerian Wives Won't Make Heaven / My Wife Was Sexually Battered By Alfas While Seeking For Love Charms; Husband / 46 Kenyan Women Strip Unclad Because Their Husbands Can't Satisfy Them Sexually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stocking!!! Nigerians Don’t Abuse Children Sexually by itouchng(f): 12:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
I was surprised after some minutes of reading this news not to see NIGERIA as one of the top five of this crime of abusing children sexually, because Nigerians are perceived to be the ones doing this unlawful act, but to my greatest surprise NIGERIANS ARE NOT IN THE TOP FIVE COUNTRIES.
SOUTH AFRICA
Basing its research on official statistics and reports, IBTimes UK looks into some of the countries with the highest rate of Child Sexual Abuse (CSA). According to the 2009 report in by trade union Solidarity Helping Hand, one child is raped every three minute.
Through research we find out that one in four men admits to raping someone, 62% of boys over 11 believe forcing someone to have sex is not an act of violence and a third believe girls enjoy rape. More than 67,000 cases of rape and sexual assaults against children were reported in 2000. According to the Telegraph. Some of the victims were as young as six-months-old, a number of whom died from their injuries, while others contracted HIV. Many people in South Africa believe that sex with a virgin can heal someone from HIV/AIDS.
The idea that having sex with a virgin cleanses you of AIDS does exist and there have been reported cases of this as a motivating factor for child rape.
ZIMBABWE
NewsdeZimbabwe report that rape cases against children continued to increase countrywide and during the week ending 25 September 2012, the cases rose to 81 from 65 the previous week.
Evident from our investigations is the fact that relatives commit most juvenile rape cases," said Police spokesperson Assistant Commissioner Charity Charamba. A clinic in Harare, capital of Zimbawe, said it had treated nearly 30,000 girls and boys who'd been abused in the previous four years.
Betty Makoni, founder of the Girl Child Network (GCN), said the real number of victims was likely to be double that recorded by the Family Support Trust Clinic.
United Kingdom
A quarter of a million Britons - more than one in every 200 adults - are paedophiles, according to figures released by Scotland Yard, the Telegraph reported in 2000.
In 2012/13, there were 18,915 sexual crimes against children under 16 recorded in England and Wales, according to the National Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC). Included in that figure were 4,171 offences of sexual assault on a female child under 13 and 1,267 offences of sexual assault on under-13 male children.
In the UK, one in 20 children (4.8%) have experienced contact sexual abuse and over 90% of children who experienced sexual abuse, were abused by someone they know, NSPCC said.
A paedophile ring linked to Britain's worst abuser Robert Smith, arrested in 2005, is 'still at large', the Herald reported in 2013. check more new @www.itouchfoundation.

Re: Stocking!!! Nigerians Don’t Abuse Children Sexually by Mrjo(m): 1:22pm On Mar 23, 2016
Thats the one reported, eg. Johnson of sunderland's case. Did u think if that girl or dad were nigerians they will report. Even if he won't admint it the judge will be bribe to set him free.
Re: Stocking!!! Nigerians Don’t Abuse Children Sexually by MRBrownJ: 1:57pm On Mar 23, 2016
if anyone think that not being in the top5 should be a reason to let your kids go play with your Nigerian neighbour (or any other neighbour) then you best wake the hell up!

there are pedos EVERYWHERE!

1 Like

Re: Stocking!!! Nigerians Don’t Abuse Children Sexually by itouchng(f): 10:05am On Mar 24, 2016
[/color][color=#770077] what we are trying to say here is that, We Nigerians has so much believed that we are the most corrupted people on earth, and it really killing us... may countries are out there who are more corrupt that we Nigerians...am not a Nigerian by nationalism but would like to be one very soon

1 Like

Re: Stocking!!! Nigerians Don’t Abuse Children Sexually by RiloKiley: 10:47am On Mar 24, 2016
itouchng:
[/color][color=#770077] what we are trying to say here is that, We Nigerians has so much believed that we are the most corrupted people on earth, and it really killing us... may countries are out there who are more corrupt that we Nigerians...am not a Nigerian by nationalism but would like to be one very soon
Not surprising.
Nigerians like to think the worst of themselves.

1 Like

Re: Stocking!!! Nigerians Don’t Abuse Children Sexually by itouchng(f): 4:03pm On Mar 24, 2016
i agree with you my friend, we Nigerians ehehhhh!, thank God the name of this site is Nairaland
Re: Stocking!!! Nigerians Don’t Abuse Children Sexually by itouchng(f): 5:02pm On Mar 24, 2016
WHAT IS THE FUTURE OF OUR HERITAGE? "IF CHILDREN ARE NOT SPEAKING THEIR INDIGENOUS LANGUAGE!!!

WHO IS TO BE BLAMED?

Language is our soul.
(Aunty Rose Fernando, Gamilaroi Elder, 1998)

It amaze me when some Nigerian Parent will be like "My children can not speak my language".
And i ask my self WHY?
Our culture is suppose to be our heritage & our pride. but now we put culture aside and follow the Colony of some unknown things
We admit Civilization in a wrong manner, Civilization does not mean drop your heritage and your pride
It means enhance your culture & heritage. Language is the expression of our culture and our land
We cannot have one without the other, we cannot describe our culture and our land if we do not have language.
Language is the carrier of the cultural heritage of societies thus the death of a language constitutes the annihilation of norms, values, attributes and beliefs of the people.
But with the rapid extinction of Africa's indigenous languages, what then is the future of our heritage? The situation is worrying as the intrusion of foreign cultures through
the media facilitated by advanced communications technology are fast causing most, Africans to lose ties with their roots.

The European community speaks only about 230 languages and yet such languages have found their way onto the global language environment.
Meanwhile, Papua Guinea has speakers of 832 languages which exceed the combined languages of the
Europeans but none of her languages has gained an international appeal!
Our ability to preserve our indigenous languages is one way of empowering future generations to respect who they are and what they stand for.
Is so worse that our own children can not even great us in our Languages. grin: you can read more of this story on www.itouchfoundation.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Advise On The Best Contraceptive To Take! / Video: A Man Get Stuck During The Act With Married Woman / Will You Marry Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.