Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,194 members, 7,839,064 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Why Do You Dislike Marketing Jobs? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Do You Dislike Marketing Jobs? (647 Views)

Corporate Sales And Marketing Jobs / What Is Marketing Jobs With EWC Like / Lagos Marketing Jobs Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Dislike Marketing Jobs? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 23, 2016
I know as a nigerian graduate i have had some nasty experiences with marketing jobs in the past and for a few i dont even pray my enemy falls for them sef and for some reasons i feel the 'working conditions' set isn't just fair for a graduate especially if you are told to go open "accounts " or look for some ridiculous amount of money within a 'stipulated time' and the worst part is being offered peanuts as salary under this wild weather.
Basically the bulk of job vacancies nowadays are marketing jobs and severally they have modified the names to make it interesting like DSA,Sales Executive etc and most times when you read the job description there's this discouragement,sad face or anger that itsa marketing job again

So i just want us to share our Opinions,Reasons Why you also dislike Marketing Jobs or if you have Experiences that you might have gone through whether good or bad,pls share with others

If you feel you have some suggestions that you feel our "Oga's at the Top" should do to make Marketing jobs interesting & flexible for Nigerian Graduates,please share. grin
Re: Why Do You Dislike Marketing Jobs? by Keziehenry(m): 2:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
danieloy4:
I know as a nigerian graduate i have had some nasty experiences with marketing jobs in the past and for a few i dont even pray my enemy falls for them sef and for some reasons i feel the 'working conditions' set isn't just fair for a graduate especially if you are told to go open "accounts " or look for some ridiculous amount of money within a 'stipulated time' and the worst part is being offered peanuts as salary under this wild weather.
Basically the bulk of job vacancies nowadays are marketing jobs and severally they have modified the names to make it interesting like DSA,Sales Executive etc and most times when you read the job description there's this discouragement,sad face or anger that itsa marketing job again

So i just want us to share our Opinions,Reasons Why you also dislike Marketing Jobs or if you have Experiences that you might have gone through whether good or bad,pls share with others

If you feel you have some suggestions that you feel our "Oga's at the Top" should do to make Marketing jobs interesting & flexible for Nigerian Graduates,please share. grin
i dislike marketing job because even those that studied marketing are running away from the jobgrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Dislike Marketing Jobs? by aloeman15(m): 3:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
Most people in marketing- about 85%- have run out of options. As for the rest, about 10%- they're in it to play the numbers game and make good money. About 5% actually LOVE it.
Extrovert swine...
The irony is this-
NO BUSINESS can survive AND grow without marketing (which includes adverts, mind you).
So they spend big. BIG.
One company spent $14 billion- IN A YEAR!
On marketing?!
Go ask google.
Sigh.
Imagine how many marketers became millionaires...
To get it, you have to do it.
Simples.

(1) (Reply)

Matrix Job Sangotedo / Get An Internship At One Of The Leading Companies In Nigeria / Apply Now For Ongoing Recruitment At University Of Nigeria Teaching Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.