Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,708 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) (49069 Views)

Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC / The Bad Condition Of A Magistrate Court In Makurdi, Benue State (Photos) / Visitors' Seat At The Magistrate Court In Wuse, Abuja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by damilove(m): 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
I'm surprised to read this because I know the magistrate in question personally and don't think she would go to that extent. undecided
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by Lobolintin(m): 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
When they die like fowl now

They will come and say it's Satan....

Awon oloriburuku
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by styno(m): 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
makingsense:

“Yetunde, who bumped into the magistrate’s car assumed she would be asked to leave only to realise that Sule-Hamzat’s car was chasing her from behind

If not guilty why allow your self to be chased..
Sha I refuse to choose sides..!!

Hmmm too many inconsistencies in this story. I think the poster is just seeking unnecessary attention and sympathy from this. I am tempted to believe the Court Registrars version. A magistrate knows the implications of being a judge in her own case, it's actually a well known and frequently used legal quote that you can't be a judge in your own case. From the excerpt below,he first said the magistrate's driver bumped his wife, then he later said his wife bumped the magistrate's car.

According to Osijo’s husband, Dipo, Sule-Hamzat’s driver, who is a magistrate at the Ogudu Magistrate Court, allegedly bumped into Osijo’s car, but the furious magistrate ordered that Osijo be arrested and taken to her court, where she promptly ordered that Osijo be remanded in Kirikiri Prison without giving her the opportunity to get a lawyer.

Dipo said: “From information I gathered from eyewitnesses, it was the magistrate’s driver that was wrong at the time of the minor accident.

“Yetunde, who bumped into the magistrate’s car assumed she would be asked to leave only to realise that Sule-Hamzat’s car was chasing her from behind.”

Dipo also told Vanguard that his wife started driving in January, and that it was just a traffic offence that resulted in a minor scratch.
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by Jabioro: 5:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
Omo see ego ! who do we run to now ? heh..Eniti afi oro lo oni toun baje ,kinni ki oloro ose ? If according to the narrator, or better still there is witness account.. that judicial officer needed to have a taste of her doing..
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by PrinceFromDilli(m): 5:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
Her dull colour attracted the jail term
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by makingsense(m): 5:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
styno:

Hmmm too many inconsistencies in this story. I think the poster is just seeking unnecessary attention and sympathy from this. I am tempted to believe the Court Registrars version. A magistrate knows the implications of being a judge in her own case, it's actually a well known and frequently used legal quote that you can't be a judge in your own case. From the excerpt below,he first said the magistrate's driver bumped his wife, then he later said his wife bumped the magistrate's car.

According to Osijo’s husband, Dipo, Sule-Hamzat’s driver, who is a magistrate at the Ogudu Magistrate Court, allegedly bumped into Osijo’s car, but the furious magistrate ordered that Osijo be arrested and taken to her court, where she promptly ordered that Osijo be remanded in Kirikiri Prison without giving her the opportunity to get a lawyer.

Dipo said: “From information I gathered from eyewitnesses, it was the magistrate’s driver that was wrong at the time of the minor accident.

“Yetunde, who bumped into the magistrate’s car assumed she would be asked to leave only to realise that Sule-Hamzat’s car was chasing her from behind.”

Dipo also told Vanguard that his wife started driving in January, and that it was just a traffic offence that resulted in a minor scratch.

Even me self ah tire oo
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by onoja12: 5:57pm On Mar 23, 2016
some people think running to the media makes them right,your wife just started driving in jan,she hit somebody from behind and you are claiming the person hit is at fault,then you hit somebody and the started running and you think that is ok. in your mind you run to the media so you can tarnish the image of the magistrate because you want to show power.let your wife go and face the law and if i am the magistrate i would request that a driving test be conducted on your wife to ascertain how she got her drivers licence then have her ban from driving

Islie:

‘How magistrate remanded my wife after their cars brushed’

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/magistrate-remanded-wife-cars-brushed/

Pic: Yetunde Osijo the woman sent to jail by the magistrate

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by olayinkaa05(m): 6:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
Still thinking...
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by guyossy(m): 6:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
I think we need to hear the magistrate's version of the story before passing judgement.
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by VajanahDischaj(f): 6:11pm On Mar 23, 2016
Islie:

wow!!!see black beauty. it's good to marry from the north oh.
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by xtervaganza(m): 6:11pm On Mar 23, 2016
makingsense:

“Yetunde, who bumped into the magistrate’s car assumed she would be asked to leave only to realise that Sule-Hamzat’s car was chasing her from behind

irrespective or who was at fault; it's just a minor scratch, no need for the magistrate to act like a dinosaur on period over nothing

A blatant case of tyranny and wickedness
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by OnWebTech: 6:12pm On Mar 23, 2016
Inspectahdeck:
Hi, I think we need to talk. Are you into logo's only?

websites ,banners , graphics , digital marketing reach me on 08062691462
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by 1koboko: 6:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
'Nemo Judex Incasa Suo' - You cannot be a judge in your own cause'. She should have known that elementary legal maxim. How can you be a complainant and judge at the same time in your matter. Haba!
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by truthspeaks: 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2016
Tnk God say na woman to woman. If na man to woman, TV n radio go hear am
Islie:

Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by Dexema(m): 6:24pm On Mar 23, 2016
make una wait abeg! so after paying N100,000 and spending time in kirikiri they would still expect the woman to fix the "devilish magistrates " car? abeg we need the so called magistrates picture, make we make am popular.
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by PussyKrook: 6:29pm On Mar 23, 2016
This woman fine. Chai check out this black beauty. God bless black, confident women.

Meanwhile, we got some lawyers on NL. The only thing they know how to do is post counter threads on romance section about women. You know yourselves...L..z!

You will see them walking out of the woodwork now quoting some big Latin words, and blowing big big grammar for nothing.

Over to the lawyers to solve this one. Black beauty must get justice ooo

I rest my case!
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by Davozy: 6:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
It's a pity! SMH
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by eyinjuege: 6:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
makingsense:

Don't mind her jare. She hit a vehicle, and instead of her to stop decided to run away and kept on moving. I'm sure that was what angered the judge.
The husband said she just started driving about 3 months ago, so I'm sure she's not yet very good in driving, and she may not even have driver's licence.
Anyway, they should go and beg the judge to drop the charges. I'm very sure the money for the bail is legal, and not egunje for the police
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by lielbree: 6:47pm On Mar 23, 2016
MadCow1:
Okay... Apologies to Mr. Nnamdi Kanu.

I still insist that Nnamdi Kanu is a diick and should be locked up in prison and vigorously raped until he denounces BIAFRA and accepts Nigeria as his Country and the best Black Nation on Earth..

But I hate to say that he was right on one point.. Nigeria is indeed a fhucking ZOO.

If this Magistrate does not get jail time, then this nation indeed in deeper shiit than I initially thought.

Vigorously raped
You are seriously disturbed.
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by 2348039436(m): 6:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
sweetval:
Hail Naija.. Oppression of the highest order
do you know your right as a nigerian ofcos no thank God you dat mr kalu is right ofcos you also don't knw wot re involve in kalu case
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by makingsense(m): 6:57pm On Mar 23, 2016
xtervaganza:
irrespective or who was at fault; it's just a minor scratch, no need for the magistrate to act like a dinosaur on period over nothing

A blatant case of tyranny and wickedness

No pictures of the car to confirm that it was just a scratch bro!!
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by HRich(m): 7:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
brunofarad:
Lol
Fight ke grin

I wonder
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by xtervaganza(m): 7:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
makingsense:

No pictures of the car to confirm that it was just a scratch bro!!
ok so how many people have you seen go to jail for a rear ended vehicle?

We can't defend insanity please
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by makingsense(m): 7:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
xtervaganza:
ok so how many people have you seen go to jail for a rear ended vehicle?

We can't defend insanity please

Am not defending anyone just stating facts.. anyone of then might be at risk. Well I get ur point
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by donodion(m): 7:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
He said that the magistrate and her driver chased his wife and when they caught up with her, she was arraigned and sent to prison on Monday at about 5:30p.m., adding that because his wife told the magistrate that her father was a former clerk at the House of Assembly, she got angrier and sent her to prison.

Nigerians are their own enemies.You brush someone's car, decency demand you at least appeal and apologise and if it comes to the very worst, you spray the scratch. Not declaring who you are and who your father is or was.
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by akigbemaru: 7:24pm On Mar 23, 2016
Magistrate sends a lady to jail.
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by phemmylink(m): 7:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
makingsense:

From ogba to surulere
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by delpee(f): 7:32pm On Mar 23, 2016
Magistrates version as I read elsewhere shows that the lady hit her car, was rude plus name dropping (why not apologise) and sped down Ikorodu road to avoid arrest before she was caught.
The case was tried in another court by the way.
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:38pm On Mar 23, 2016
Madness of d highest order. Naa wa ooo. The justice of peace has gone bananas
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by TheProphetess(f): 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
FTBOY:
this is what happens when you give women power to control.....and this is why i forbid feminism!

Yet if a man does this same thing and I say such I will be attacked by every man on here.

Both men and women are capable of being power hungry. By your logic men shouldn't be given power either because there are men that have done much worse.
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by delpee(f): 7:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
Magistrates version as I read elsewhere shows that the lady hit her car, was rude plus name dropping (why not apologise) and sped down Ikorodu road to avoid arrest before she was caught.
The case was tried in another court not by the magistrate.
Re: Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
What happened to :

1. Police being called to the scene of the accident.

2. Police checking the computer databases to ensure that both drivers' particulars, licenses and vehicle registrations check out and none of them have any outstanding court warrants

3. Police writing a report and giving same to both drivers so that they can forward to their Insurance companies to handle disputes?

Oh, thats true you don't have a Database, the police are mostly illiterate, the Drivers are not much better and are very unruly, Politicians are stealing the money meant to improve the Police Force while ignorant youths praise them depending on their religion or tribe.

Nigeria is a Jungle.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu Releases Special Message To APC Members On 2019 Elections / Man Who Bought Stolen SUV Arrested While Flexing Friends In Abuja. Photos / Peter Obi Walked Through Awka And Shut It Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.