Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,587 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity (892 Views)

Fuel Crisis: Nigeria Labour Congress Hails Senate, Threatens Mass Action / Buhari May Cut Fashola's Ministry To Give Way For Kachikwu / Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity by olillywales(m): 7:49am On Mar 24, 2016
Labour unions in the country have called for the resignation of Minister of State for Petroleum Resources Ibe Kachikwu after the latter said fuel scarcity may persists in the country for the next two months.

Read: I'm Not a Magician, Fuel Scarcity Won't End Soon - Kachikwu

General Secretary of the Nigeria Labour Congress, Dr. Peter Ozo-Eson, described as unfortunate Kachikwu’s statement that it would take more than two months for the current fuel queues to clear.

“As far as we are concerned, one day of queues is unacceptable to Nigerians, and the hardship Nigerians have been subjected to, through the queues over a long period now, is actually something that should be condemned.

“Apart from the hardship to Nigerians, the cost of these protracted queues on an economy that is already in crisis is enormous, and actually makes the issue of the revival of the economy even more difficult.’’

The Trade Union Congress specifically asked the minister to step down instead of giving Nigerians excuses on why it would be impossible to get fuel easily in the country before June.

“If he is not a magician, he should resign now. What we are saying is that Nigerians are getting impatient with him," Bala Kaigama, TUC president said.

“So, if he has no quick fix to it, he should just quit. We are getting impatient. He is moving from one unpopular policy to another, yet we cannot see any quick fix," he added.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/03/nigerias-labour-union-calls-for.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity by Frank3n2(m): 7:54am On Mar 24, 2016
I don't see him going anywhere..
Re: Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity by Karlovich: 7:56am On Mar 24, 2016
Buhari needs to resign first
Re: Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity by Pheals(f): 7:57am On Mar 24, 2016

since he can't speak for thepeople

Re: Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity by tyson99(m): 7:59am On Mar 24, 2016
For real dat man is useless
Re: Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity by boboLIL(m): 8:00am On Mar 24, 2016
Next time if una hear change,,, u run...
Re: Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity by tyson99(m): 8:00am On Mar 24, 2016
Pheals:

[b][/b]

why did u put ur hand in d middle of ur leg?
Re: Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity by temitemi1(m): 8:03am On Mar 24, 2016
Apc govt na joke!
Re: Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity by tyson99(m): 8:09am On Mar 24, 2016
temitemi1:
Apc govt na joke!
The rate at which you went hiding since last year ehn and this is how you will still be till 2019,sorry ooo how's GEJ ur hero
Re: Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 24, 2016
This is stupidity! i belong to no party but am a patriotic Nigerian and i believe in being objective. Have they accessed the problem well enough and come up with evidence that its only another that can solve the problem? I hate this cockroach mentality. Instead of contributing meaningfully towards solving the problem,they want to.. .abeg mk i chill jare.
Re: Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity by sirthisthickkal: 8:16am On Mar 24, 2016
olillywales:

“So, if he has no quick fix to it, he should just quit. We are getting impatient . He is moving from one unpopular policy to another, yet we cannot see any quick fix,"
this attitude is definitely killing some nigerians, always expecting quick result from those who are working tirelessly to satisfy them.
Re: Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity by ozy4christ(f): 8:17am On Mar 24, 2016
My question is,who will do better?infact who is d minister of petroleum self,he has some questns 2 answr
Re: Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity by TheFreeOne: 8:18am On Mar 24, 2016
Kachikwu once said it's cheaper to import fuel than refine locally then what's the need for approving licenses for new refineries [/b]when investors can easily make more money via importation Who is deceiving who

Now the NNPC generates more revenue from the sweat of Nigerians cos [b] we are the ones presently subsidizing government to make N8 on a litre
whilst majority of the general populace buys at 120 and above.

Buhari and kachikwu need to tell us who benefits from this prolonged scarcity. Is it the government that is making money since they are 100% into importation, the marketers who sell above approved pump price or the masses who buys at exorbitant prices with so much suffering/stress attached

This govt is fraudulent and very deceptive.
Re: Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity by sirthisthickkal: 8:30am On Mar 24, 2016
olatemitayo:
This is stupidity! i belong to no party but am a patriotic Nigerian and i believe in being objective. Have they accessed the problem well enough and come up with evidence that its only another that can solve the problem? I hate this cockroach mentality. Instead of contributing meaningfully towards solving the problem,they want to.. .abeg mk i chill jare.
Re: Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity by Pheals(f): 9:26am On Mar 24, 2016
tyson99:

why did u put ur hand in d middle of ur leg?

take it off now

Re: Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity by tyson99(m): 9:29am On Mar 24, 2016
Pheals:

[b][/b]

I want to see the 3D pinshure grin
Re: Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity by Pheals(f): 9:35am On Mar 24, 2016
tyson99:

I want to see the 3D pinshure grin

you not ... 4D undecided

Re: Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity by tyson99(m): 10:12am On Mar 24, 2016
Pheals:

[b][/b]

Make it 5D mehn I like u

(1) (Reply)

Danmasani Of Kano,dr Yusuf Maitama Sule Is Not Dead / #pananamapapers The Folly Coker/tinubu Connection / See What Popular Actor Okon Lagos Said About Buhari In China (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.