Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Roger Federer's Wife Gives Birth To Twins - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Roger Federer's Wife Gives Birth To Twins (796 Views)

Ahmed Musa's Wife Gives Birth To Their 2nd Child / Novak Djokovic Beats Roger Federer To Win ATP World Title / Rafael Nadal Vs Roger Federer Who Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roger Federer's Wife Gives Birth To Twins by SamMilla1(m): 9:51am On Jul 24, 2009
Switzerland – Roger Federer became a father of twin girls after his wife Mirka gave birth Thursday.

In a statement released on his personal Web site and Facebook page, tennis' world No. 1 said the girls have been named Charlene Riva and Myla Rose.

"I have some exciting news to share with you," Federer's Facebook page said.

"Late last night, in Switzerland, Mirka and I became proud parents of twin girls.

"We named them Myla Rose and Charlene Riva and they are both healthy, and along with their mother they are doing great.

"This is the best day of our lives."

It was the first children for the couple, married in April.

Earlier this month, Mirka sat courtside through the nerve-racking Wimbledon final in which Federer beat American Andy Roddick 5-7, 7-6 (6), 7-6 (5), 3-6, 16-14 to clinch his 15th grand slam title, breaking the record held by Pete Sampras.

The 27-year-old Federer met his wife-to-be — born Miroslava Vavrinec in Slovakia — in 2000 when they were competing for Switzerland in the Sydney Olympics.

Mirka, 31, emigrated with her family to Switzerland as a small child, and after playing on the WTA Tour and retiring prematurely due to injury, she became one of Federer's managers.
Re: Roger Federer's Wife Gives Birth To Twins by Borat1: 10:09am On Jul 24, 2009
Will they play in the next wimbledon doubles?
Re: Roger Federer's Wife Gives Birth To Twins by SamMilla1(m): 10:11am On Jul 24, 2009
~Borat~:

Will they play in the next wimbledon doubles?

The number of idiots on the rise once again
Re: Roger Federer's Wife Gives Birth To Twins by Borat1: 10:28am On Jul 24, 2009
Ha! Its obvious the only idiot on here is you and your failed sense of humour for failing to realize i was joking. Fool cheesy
Re: Roger Federer's Wife Gives Birth To Twins by Borat1: 10:30am On Jul 24, 2009
Ha! Its obvious the only idiot on here is you and your failed sense of humour for failing to realize i was joking. Fool cheesy
Re: Roger Federer's Wife Gives Birth To Twins by Phony200(m): 11:49am On Jul 24, 2009
Hmm. . . I can just drool over the headlines already.FEDERER SISTERS WIN 15TH DOUBLES GRAND SLAM. Legendary Father so proud of his daughters.
Does that make me an idiot too? Oh I don't know.
Re: Roger Federer's Wife Gives Birth To Twins by Borat1: 12:25pm On Jul 24, 2009
Dont mind the retard. He must have been milling around Sam's bar begging for a free beer. He cant spot a joke to save his life.
Well done Fed, must feel good to be a father.
Re: Roger Federer's Wife Gives Birth To Twins by kizi: 12:34pm On Jul 24, 2009
Good news! He's been terrific this yr on n off court, once again Congrats RF!
Re: Roger Federer's Wife Gives Birth To Twins by SamMilla1(m): 2:31pm On Jul 24, 2009
~Borat~:

Dont mind the retard. He must have been milling around Sam's bar begging for a free beer. He cant spot a joke to save his life.
Well done Fed, must feel good to be a father.

We have a section for jokes around here. Dont we?

The first response on every topic has a very significant role to play on other responses.

People can easily follow up your response and derail the whole topic.
So if you want to joke, go here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/board-15.0.html.

The next time you make joke on another section apart from that,
You could be banned.
Re: Roger Federer's Wife Gives Birth To Twins by Phony200(m): 3:08pm On Jul 24, 2009
Sam Milla:

We have a section for jokes around here. Dont we?

The first response on every topic has a very significant role to play on other responses.

People can asily follow up your response and derail the whole topic.
So if you want to jokes, go here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/board-15.0.html.

The next time you make joke on another section apart from that,
You could be banned.

WTF? Bro, take a chill pill now.

We're all happy for Federer, he doesn't have a bigger fan than I. Do you want us to start arguing about the choice of names and their possible growth rates? This is the sports section. Federer bi mo, good for him. Congratulatory messages and jokes abound. Because you've not seen those that want to marry them yet? grin grin grin
Re: Roger Federer's Wife Gives Birth To Twins by chidichris(m): 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2009
i like twins and i thank God for them.
soon we will watching them in men's singles.
Re: Roger Federer's Wife Gives Birth To Twins by dominique(f): 8:17pm On Jul 27, 2009
i diddnt see anything wrong with the borat's reply, not as if he made an offebsive statement or somn. . .who knows, he could even be grooming them to be tennis superstars right now as we speak.

@topic
i'm happy for him. . . hope they're identical twins smiley

(1) (Reply)

The World Cup 2010 Draw / Super Eagles Should Watch Out For This Greece Player At The World Cup / Fifa President Or Country President, Who Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.