Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Nigeria Ranked #1 Most Corrupt Country In 2016 Best Ranking Index - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigeria Ranked #1 Most Corrupt Country In 2016 Best Ranking Index (1231 Views)

Nigeria Ranked The 5th Highest Rate Of Suicide In The World By Spectator Index / Lagos And Abuja Had The Highest Crime Rates In 2016 / Nigeria Named The Most Corrupt Country In The World (SEE FULL LIST) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Ranked #1 Most Corrupt Country In 2016 Best Ranking Index by Tacloban: 9:39am On Mar 24, 2016
Bad news for Nigeria as the US News. Best Countries Ranking marks Nigeria as the most corrupt country for 2016.

“The 2016 Best Countries report and rankings are based on how global perceptions define countries in terms of a number of qualitative characteristics, impressions that have the potential to drive trade, travel and investment and directly affect national economies,” the US News website reveals.

Sixty countries were measured in the inaugural report and and Nigeria was number 1 in the corruption ranking index. The West African country, widely regarded as the ‘Giant of Africa’, scored a perfect 10 in corruption. Nigeria’s overall rank was 47 on the index.

The U.S. News Best Countries Ranking which measures global performance on a variety of metrics is conducted in partnership with partnership with BAV, a global consulting firm and The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.

Germany, Canada, and the United Kingdom topped the overall list of best countries in the world, in that order. The United States and Sweden were ranked 4th and 5th in the respected global index.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/nigeria-ranked-1-corrupt-country-buhari-best-ranking-index/
Re: Nigeria Ranked #1 Most Corrupt Country In 2016 Best Ranking Index by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 24, 2016
How true is this? The mods should confirm the authenticity of this news before i comment undecided
Re: Nigeria Ranked #1 Most Corrupt Country In 2016 Best Ranking Index by talktonase(m): 9:41am On Mar 24, 2016
naija no dey carry last...
Re: Nigeria Ranked #1 Most Corrupt Country In 2016 Best Ranking Index by chido20(m): 9:45am On Mar 24, 2016
talktonase:
naija no dey carry last...
4 bad tinz abi
Re: Nigeria Ranked #1 Most Corrupt Country In 2016 Best Ranking Index by benedictnsi(m): 9:49am On Mar 24, 2016
chido20:
4 bad tinz abi

Help me ask am ooo
Re: Nigeria Ranked #1 Most Corrupt Country In 2016 Best Ranking Index by thorpido(m): 9:56am On Mar 24, 2016
Dasuki and co raised us to that point.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked #1 Most Corrupt Country In 2016 Best Ranking Index by jmichlins(m): 10:00am On Mar 24, 2016
If not amnesty international all other rankings are from wailers who should cry me a river

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked #1 Most Corrupt Country In 2016 Best Ranking Index by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 24, 2016
It is called CORRUPTION PERCEPTION INDEX.

Why won't Nigeria top any of such list with the recent revelations of how the thieves in high places have been having a bountiful harvest plundering from our treasury, reserve and what have you. It is well.

Meanwhile:

I will give you a free VPS (USA IP) account that will last for one year. Just quote me to get in touch.
Re: Nigeria Ranked #1 Most Corrupt Country In 2016 Best Ranking Index by Mynd44: 10:20am On Mar 24, 2016
Source: Trent News

El-oh-el
Re: Nigeria Ranked #1 Most Corrupt Country In 2016 Best Ranking Index by blithe2nice(m): 1:55pm On Mar 24, 2016
Only Amechi and dusuki reach to rate the country that way nau. Infact, not that the country be bad like that shall,but her leadership spoil everything.Gej spoil am,thinking change go repair am.Now all what I see is worst situation and my ApC friend,d other day say ,we never see anything. That, this is just the beginning,Na C we don see of the change ,say by the time we reach H,body go tell them,cux me I no join. If head is bad, the body will also malfunction. That's what's happening in my country.
Re: Nigeria Ranked #1 Most Corrupt Country In 2016 Best Ranking Index by jstbeinhonest(m): 7:07pm On Mar 24, 2016
How do you expect me to belive news from the trent?.Besides,can you please post a list of the 60 countries that were evaluated.
Re: Nigeria Ranked #1 Most Corrupt Country In 2016 Best Ranking Index by DeKen: 7:59pm On Mar 24, 2016
Naija no dey carry last.

Police roger still day
Nepotism still dey
Ghost workers nko?
PR for contracts etc.
Students are still sorting to pass exams.
Even road safety is no more left out on egunje.
Bail is still free only on the walls of the police station.
Budget padding nko?
CBN illegal recruitment not yet resolved.
Even judges are delivering judgement for the highest bidder.
Looters that used part of their loot to bankroll campaigns have ministerial or other appointments.
The incorruptible corruption fighting leader has not yet changed his stance that "Abucha did not steal"
Even the Anti-corruption bulldog has severally been indicted for corruption.

The list is endless.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked #1 Most Corrupt Country In 2016 Best Ranking Index by akigbemaru: 6:59am On Mar 25, 2016
ranking

(1) (Reply)

13 Year Old Boy Arrested For Robbery By RRS (photo) / Man Stabs Lover To Death For Rejecting Marriage Proposal / Breaking:fulani Herdsmen Destroying Farms In Eziagu Enugu State Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.