Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result (14401 Views)

Rivers Re-run Elections: Live Monitoring And Updates / Omogunwa's Defection To APC: PDP Senators Walk Out On Saraki / Enugu Massacre: South-East Senators Call For Emergency SE/SS Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by manpo2k(m): 4:24pm On Mar 24, 2016
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) caucus of the Senate has called on the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to immediately release the outstanding results in the Rivers State re-run elections particularly results that were collated from polling units, wards, Local Government Areas in their possession.

This was part of the resolutions reached at the PDP Senate Caucus meeting held on Thursday with the National Chairman of the party, Alhaji Ali Modu Sheriff in attendance.

In a communiqué signed by the Senate Minority Leader, Senator Godswill Akpabio, the caucus agreed to send a delegation to visit Rivers State and congratulate the Governor, Barrister Nyesom Wike on the electoral victories and commiserate with the families of people who had lost their loved ones in the re-run elections in Rivers State, particularly the youth corps member who was slain in the imbroglio.

The PDP Senators condemned in totality the acts of violence perpetrated during the re-run elections in Rivers State and called on President Muhammadu Buhari to support the commission of enquiry investigating the killings in the Rivers re-run elections with a view to bringing the perpetrators to justice.

According to the communiqué, “the Caucus calls on INEC to as a matter of urgency re-schedule the imo North re-run Senatorial election without further delay as since the 90 days ordered by the court had since lapsed.

“The Caucus also calls on INEC to re-schedule similar re-run elections in Anambra Central and Kogi East Senatorial Districts,” the communiqué said.

The PDP Senators said they had reviewed the decision of the National Executive Council of the party and agreed that the timetable of the Party Congresses and National Convention remained sacrosanct.

They called on the political class to exhibit tolerance for multi-party democracy in the nation to discourage political impunity in all ramifications.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/03/24/rivers-senate-pdp-caucus-calls-for-release-of-re-run-outstanding-results/

1 Like

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by HungerBAD: 4:48pm On Mar 24, 2016
Jokers.

This Regional Party called PDP is still making noise.

No be una fault.

9 Likes

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by dunkem21(m): 4:50pm On Mar 24, 2016
grin A step in the right direction.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by comos: 4:57pm On Mar 24, 2016
see dem strong face.

This PDP will give Buhari/APC a run for their money

55 Likes

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by Sunnycliff(m): 8:39pm On Mar 24, 2016
HungerBAD:
Jokers.

No be una fault.

Call them regional party but they are dealing hard and crushing APC in the south south and south east despite the desperation of the latter!

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by Frankiss44(m): 8:40pm On Mar 24, 2016
HungerBAD:
Jokers.
No be una fault.
You are a threat to our young democracy son...

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by capip120(m): 8:41pm On Mar 24, 2016
HungerBAD:
Jokers.

No be una fault.
Onukwu
Rivers is PDP,
PDP is Rivers. Is that too hard for you to comprehend? Zombie Apocalypse.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by lilprinze: 8:41pm On Mar 24, 2016
I love the way PDP and wike shut the mouth of that noise maker called Ameachi.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 24, 2016
HungerBAD:
Jokers.

No be una fault.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by Lawalemi(m): 8:41pm On Mar 24, 2016
We need an opposition to this wobbling government and PDP seem to be representing well above my expectations

13 Likes

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 24, 2016
We rivers people knw dat de election was a total victory for we PDP. So dey can delay de announcement as long as dey want

18 Likes

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by cornel994(m): 8:43pm On Mar 24, 2016
grin
Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by tuniski: 8:44pm On Mar 24, 2016
HungerBAD:
Jokers.

No be una fault.
Ee dey pain am. Anyway if pdp is now a regional party then apc is a clan! Wake up pdp sending jitters down the spine of buhari/apc!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by nbright: 8:44pm On Mar 24, 2016
PDP!

3 Likes

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by Febcom(m): 8:44pm On Mar 24, 2016
HungerBAD:
Jokers.

No be una fault.

Since you and Buhari where unable to steal votes idiots like you are to talk at anytime.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by Greataausim(m): 8:44pm On Mar 24, 2016
Ok, we don hear...... But mak una stop the violences for that side...... God bless nigeria and nigerians... God bless my fellow nairalanders........

1 Like

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by lilprinze: 8:45pm On Mar 24, 2016
PDP = RIVERS STATE
RIVERS STATE = PDP

15 Likes

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by Greataausim(m): 8:46pm On Mar 24, 2016
Febcom:

Since you and Buhari where unable to steal votes idiots like you are to talk at anytime.

See them the fights for...
Abeg mak una tak am easy.........
Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by kennycalls(m): 8:47pm On Mar 24, 2016
Pdp is dead and buriedd for good!
Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by kennycalls(m): 8:49pm On Mar 24, 2016
HungerBAD:
Jokers.

No be una fault.
Pdp is dead fforever!
Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by olajide8(m): 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2016
Nigeria is comprised of 6 zones 4 zones are APC majority dominated the other 2 PDP- 250,000 houses would be built in this year's budget at federal and state level, none in PDP states because it's not part of their manifesto, conditional cash transfer to the poor of the poorest but none, in PDP states- 3 major roads in nigeria and 3 major train corridor links mostly in APC regions- this still is not sufficient, food for thought it's elections that wike rigged massive that is disturbing people we are to mediocre in this country- enough I resign from contributing* distinguished dumbo's

2 Likes

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by Forwetinnah: 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2016
Na wa oh!! I can't believe INEC hasn't announced the remaining results...what kind of useless government is this. The cancelled only 8 LGAs, announced 9...what happened to the rest? Is boooooohari and INEC well at all?

8 Likes

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by LudaChriz(m): 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2016
Gbam

But wait o, why has Amaechi not make any statement since after the election grin

Wait let me ask NgeneUkwenu... boy answer Nairalanders tongue

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by LudaChriz(m): 8:53pm On Mar 24, 2016
HungerBAD:
Jokers.
No be una fault.
Hunger is really bad... Don't worry Buhari's 5k go soon reach you grin

10 Likes

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by dougivilla(m): 8:54pm On Mar 24, 2016
kennycalls:
Pdp is dead and buriedd for good!
Who let the Dog nay Zombie out??

7 Likes

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 24, 2016
HungerBAD:
Jokers.

No be una fault.
see as people just dey chop likes on top your stupidity, me I no go lie I go like to chop mine too.

if you think hunger has made this guy stupid click "like ".

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by godoluwa(m): 9:03pm On Mar 24, 2016
HungerBAD:
Jokers.

No be una fault.
GEJ has everything within his reach to rig himself back to the office bt he refused to do so just because hes not ready to kill democracy in nigeria. what we are seeing now from APC is desperation to take it which is bad for democracy. I knw that you still eat from mums pot tho & thats why am nt surprised with ur post

21 Likes

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by eshietIntrepid(m): 9:03pm On Mar 24, 2016
I pray God help wike not to go to sleep because the delay is clear they want to change the figures.

God bless the new PDP God bless ss and se.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by Moneytize: 9:24pm On Mar 24, 2016
denkyw:

see as people just dey chop likes on top your stupidity, me I no go lie I go like to chop mine too.
if you think hunger has made this guy stupid click "like ".
Choi! not a single like. Makes me wonder who is stupid.

1 Like

Re: PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 24, 2016
Moneytize:
Choi! not a single like. Makes me wonder who is stupid.
ha h a ha, you are silly trying to count my likes, you are in for a long thing. na you go tire

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Manufacturers Abandon Discos For Private Power Suppliers / EFCC Works On Petition Linking Buhari’s Aide, Abba Kyari, To Contract Scam / Umahi Disagrees With NASS On Sack Of Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.