Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South (13439 Views)

If Obi Win Any State From North Or South West Call Me BASTARD / Obi Is Your President Whether You Like It Or Not / "Nigeria Needs Competent, Not Strong Leaders" - Jega Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by HonNL: 5:31pm On Oct 15, 2021
The serving overseer of the Citadel Global Community Church (CGCC) (formerly Latter Rain Assembly), Pastor Tunde Bakare, has said that what Nigeria needs at present is a President who is most competent to drive the country to the Eldorado and not agitation for power rotation.

He said this on Friday while fielding questions from State House reporters after a private visit to President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Bakare, who said he dispensed what’s in his heart to the President, said it was political “immaturity” that drove the nation to the clamour for power shift when various zones that produced Nigerian leaders in the past had not fared better after many years of independence.

Asked about his position on the ongoing debate on power rotation, he said: “I’d said it on the 3rd of October. It’s our immaturity, politically and otherwise, that makes us say power must either be in the North or be in the South, instead of looking for the best, the fittest, the most competent, and people of character who love this nation.

“Listen to me, if where the president comes from will make the place he has come from to be better, the Northern part of Nigeria should be richest and should be the most progressive and the most developed because out of 61 years, the North has produced either the president or heads of state for 40 to 41 years and yet, see the retrogression in the North.

“If it’s from the South, why should a person like former President Olusegun Obasanjo freeze and seize the account of Lagos State in his own tenure? If it’s from South-South or South East, why couldn’t former President Goodluck Jonathan use all his powers to develop South-South/South East?

“Not where they come from, it’s what they carry and what they have to offer. May the best of the best of Nigerians rise, whether they’re from the East, from the West, from the North, and from the South.

“If there are agreements between politicians among themselves on rotation, a bargain is a bargain. That’s between them. But as far as this country is concerned, what we need at this stage is a man who can drive us to the Eldorado.”

On whether he would contest the Presidency in 2023, Pastor Bakare expressed readiness to do so if “God” and Nigerians would appreciate it.

He said: “Every Nigerian, who is of age and who is not disqualified by any means, is free. I’m a nation builder, if God wants me to do that, and the people of Nigeria will appreciate that, why not? I’m as free as anybody to do anything with my time. I’ve pastored a church for 33 years, now we raise new leaders. I want to focus on nation building.

“The Office of the President is only one office, there’s so many other things we can do as people to support whoever is there to make sure that we do not go into retrogression, but begin to make steady progress as a people. I’ve already communicated clearly, my future plans to Mr. President, and it stays between us.”

He described the adoption of electronic transmission of election results as one of the best things the present National Assembly had done.

He said it would be a wonderful idea to allow Nigerians in diaspora and the usually disenfranchised 22.3 million students vote during the next elections.

Pastor Bakare, who was asked to explain how he wanted Nigeria to be restructured, said it could be done without shooting any gun.

He said the founding fathers had already agreed on the type of government and that the goal post must not be changed in the middle of the game.

He stressed that restructuring must however be based on equity, justice, fair play and rule of law.

He said: “We need to do it, to move this nation forward. The founding fathers of this nation;Sir Ahmadu Bello, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, Prime Minister Tafawa Balewa, alongside with their entourage, in Lancaster House and everywhere, agreed on what type of government Nigeria should have. We must not change the goalpost in the midst of the game.

“We are better off together as a nation than going our different ways. But it must be based on equity, justice, fair play and a rule of law.”

SOURCE

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by abouzaid: 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2021
Just a visit to Buhari and this man turned out like this? I'm speechless. All these yeye pastors would never support the truth or natural justice, all they care about is what they would gain from the system, this includes Osinbajo. All human beings have a sense of right or wrong, let's be guided then by our conscience.

126 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by HisSexcellency(m): 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2021
“Listen to me, if where the president comes from will make the place he has come from to be better, the Northern part of Nigeria should be richest and should be the most progressive and the most developed because out of 61 years, the North has produced either the president or heads of state for 40 to 41 years and yet, see the retrogression in the North.

“If it’s from the South, why should a person like former President Olusegun Obasanjo freeze and seize the account of Lagos State in his own tenure? If it’s from South-South or South East, why couldn’t former President Goodluck Jonathan use all his powers to develop South-South/South East?"

The hypocrisy of Nigerian political class is just sickening.
In 2013/2014 it was all about north not completing its alloted 8years term. And how dogs and baboons will be soaked in blood sad
Now, it's all about competence
Are there no competent people who can conveniently vie for the post of President in the whole South?

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by Buckeyemedia1: 5:42pm On Oct 15, 2021
Well spoken Bishop.

4 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by Buckeyemedia1: 5:44pm On Oct 15, 2021
abouzaid:
Just a visit to Buhari and this man turned out like this? I'm speechless.
ipobians & Oduduwans will be disappointed.

4 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by Buckeyemedia1: 5:45pm On Oct 15, 2021
abouzaid:
Just a visit to Buhari and this man turned out like this? I'm speechless. All these yeye pastors would never support the truth or natural justice, all they care about is what they would gain from the system, this includes Osinbajo. All human beings have a sense of right or wrong, let's be guided then by our conscience.
What is your point ?, not everyone likes to hear the truth, now a Pharisee like you is now more righteous than his Rabbi?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by WibusJaga: 5:46pm On Oct 15, 2021

Which one be Most Competent again?
Politics is a game of numbers so that gives the North an edge in producing the President. But we all know they don't have the Most Competent persons to occupy that position.
So rotation among the geopolitical zones is the best option here. Else make the country kuku divide.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by BigSarah(f): 5:46pm On Oct 15, 2021
Lol... The kind of disasters that'll be presented by political parties for 2023 will make Nigerians wish buhari can run for third term.

We don't care about the future or even the present.

5 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by Buckeyemedia1: 5:51pm On Oct 15, 2021
BigSarah:
Lol... The kind of disasters that'll be presented by political parties for 2023 will make Nigerians wish buhari can run for third term.

We don't care about the future or even the present.
Can anyone be worse than Yaradua & Jonathan ticket? President Buhari has no time for imposition like Obasanjo, Pastor Bakare has spoken.

4 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by abouzaid: 5:52pm On Oct 15, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
What is your point ?, not everyone likes to hear the truth, now a Pharisee like you is now more righteous than his Rabbi?
so the need for rotational presidency is not a truth, are you ok with the next president been a northern Muslim? Natural justice demands that the next president should be from the southeast.

7 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by BigSarah(f): 5:54pm On Oct 15, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Can anyone be worse than Yaradua & Jonathan ticket? President Buhari has no time for imposition like Obasanjo, Pastor Bakare has spoken.

my personal opinion, Buhari and osinbanjo duo is the worst ...
But I'm certain whoever that'll succeed buhari and osinbanjo will be far worse..
Since everyone is focusing on matters of no importance.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by Buckeyemedia1: 5:55pm On Oct 15, 2021
abouzaid:
so the need for rotational presidency is not a truth, are you ok with the next president been a northern Muslim? Natural justice demands that the next president should be from the southeast.
Why South East, why not a Benue Man, or someone from Kogi State, are they not also Nigerians? Let them go & play politics, & may the best man win.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by Fahdiga(m): 5:57pm On Oct 15, 2021
Power of brown envelope

6 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by Buckeyemedia1: 5:58pm On Oct 15, 2021
BigSarah:

my personal opinion, Buhari and osinbanjo duo is the worst ...
But I'm certain whoever that'll succeed buhari and osinbanjo will be far worse..
Since everyone is focusing on matters of no importance.
We know your type, Yesterday’s people, always the last to appreciate & first to praise in future, let President Buhari retire back to Daura, you are the I did not know people, number 1 future praise singer. Remember the story of Saul?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by Fahdiga(m): 6:01pm On Oct 15, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
We know your type, Yesterday’s people, always the last to appreciate & first to praise in future, let President Buhari retire back to Daura, you are the I did not know people, number 1 future praise singer. Remember the story of Saul?
Your opinion is outdated. Try and always make sense while commenting

11 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by Fahdiga(m): 6:01pm On Oct 15, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Corrupted pauper both materially & mentally.
I pray you receive sense before this year runs out

10 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by BeardedMeat(m): 6:02pm On Oct 15, 2021
Bakare don chop Aduro. grin
Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by BeardedMeat(m): 6:03pm On Oct 15, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Corrupted pauper both materially & mentally.
Rich mallam whose brothers are all street beggars.

7 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by Buckeyemedia1: 6:04pm On Oct 15, 2021
Fahdiga:
Your opinion is outdated. Try and always make sense while commenting
What kind of ungrateful people are these?, Pastor Bakare went to visit his friend the President of the Republic, gave a press statement, you start to wail because you do not like the facts he exclaimed, you want them to zone the presidency to your people? Selfish Tribalist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by BigSarah(f): 6:06pm On Oct 15, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:

If yesterday is better than today, won't one appreciate the efforts and triumph of yesterday over today?
I don't get your point...
I'm certain buhari will be better than his successor, based on the personalities people are postulating.
That doesn't mean Buhari and osinbanjo deserve praise

5 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by PrinceOfLagos: 6:06pm On Oct 15, 2021
I wonder how much they gave this man that made him quickly changed his mouth

What people do for Me in this part of the world sad

3 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by Buckeyemedia1: 6:07pm On Oct 15, 2021
Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by Fahdiga(m): 6:08pm On Oct 15, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
What kind of ungrateful people are these?, Pastor Bakare went to visit his friend the President of the Republic, gave a press statement, you start to wail because you do not like the facts he exclaimed, you want them to zone the presidency to your people? Selfish Tribalist.
And the north that you are supporting to retain the presidency despite being the incumbent are selfless abi. Zombies never disappoint

11 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by BeardedMeat(m): 6:09pm On Oct 15, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
https://www.thecable.ng/abdul-samad-rabiu-donates-n1bn-to-university-of-ibadan/amp
The philanthropist whose region is poverty capital of the world.

5 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by Buckeyemedia1: 6:10pm On Oct 15, 2021
Fahdiga:
And the north that you are supporting to retain the presidency despite being the incumbent are selfless abi. Zombies never disappoint
Coward, going to participate in an open contest is supporting the North? Don’t let your inferiority complex make you accept defeat before the game has even begun?
Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by Buckeyemedia1: 6:11pm On Oct 15, 2021
BeardedMeat:
The philanthropist whose region is poverty capital of the world.
Helping your people go to school, these are the kind of people we need in Nigeria, not Wailers like you that have nothing to add.

https://dailytrust.com/bua-chairman-donates-n1bn-to-abu-targets-5-others
Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by BeardedMeat(m): 6:13pm On Oct 15, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Helping your people go to school.
While his region is the highest in out of school children. Charity begins at home.

Have you not seen how buhari with just 30cows investment has finished Nigeria kpatakpata?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by Fahdiga(m): 6:14pm On Oct 15, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Coward, going to participate in an open contest is supporting the North? Don’t let your inferiority complex make you accept defeat before the game has even begun?
Continue deceiving yourself. 2023 is the turn of the Igbos to produce the president or everyone goes their separate ways

6 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by Buckeyemedia1: 6:17pm On Oct 15, 2021
BeardedMeat:
While his region is the highest in out of school children.
That is why you are poor, ungrateful people never appreciate anything, hence never prosper, be waiting for someone to come & make life blissful for a heedless Unpatriotic tramp of The Federal Republic of Nigeria?
Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by BeardedMeat(m): 6:18pm On Oct 15, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
That is why you are poor, ungrateful people never appreciate anything, hence never prosper, be waiting for someone to come & make like blissful for a heedless Unpatriotic tramp?
Hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha grin
Abokii no dey disappoint. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Nigeria Needs Competent President Whether From North Or South by Buckeyemedia1: 6:19pm On Oct 15, 2021
BeardedMeat:
Hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha hahaha grin
Abokii no dey disappoint. grin
Aboki very funny, your name beardedmeat, make mallam no hold take you go do suya?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Deputy Chair: Governors Reject Oyinlola’s Bid / NNPP Or APC: Kwankwaso Visits Shekarau / Are Stun Guns Legal In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.