Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Od Goes Commercial - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Od Goes Commercial (872 Views)

12 Quality Albums Of 2012 That Did Not Record Commercial Success / Rapper Overdose(od)'s Long Awaited Album / Don't Hate - Overdose (OD) Album (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Od Goes Commercial by charlesopp(m): 1:43pm On Jul 24, 2009
have paid my due and made ma contribution to the game
and i think is time to move ahead and get to the next level, OD

what do y'all think good for him?
Re: Od Goes Commercial by dammiecool(m): 2:38pm On Jul 24, 2009
d earlier d better cool
Re: Od Goes Commercial by javalove(m): 5:26pm On Jul 24, 2009
I wish him good luck.
Re: Od Goes Commercial by rapjunkie(m): 5:55pm On Jul 24, 2009
what does 'OD goes commercial' mean?. . . . . Is it cos he's now wearing shiny suits?. . . . . . .or is he doing a collabo with Terry G like illbliss?

Does he want Mode9 to disown him?
Re: Od Goes Commercial by dready(f): 6:49pm On Jul 24, 2009
O D my number 1 rapper in nigeria for life
Re: Od Goes Commercial by lalaboi(m): 9:45am On Jul 25, 2009
charlesopp:

have paid my due and made ma contribution to the game
and i think is time to move ahead and get to the next level, OD

what do y'all think good for him?

how does this imply that he his going commercial??. . . .has he made a party track or what? i know he has featured on a few
Re: Od Goes Commercial by chrisical(m): 11:49am On Jul 25, 2009
One of the most gifted rappers we've got here.This is just to show skills cant do it alone.Hype or a track or two for the streets may be what he needs to blow up.
rapjunkie:

what does 'OD goes commercial' mean?. . . . . Is it cos he's now wearing shiny suits?. . . . . . .or is he doing a collabo with Terry G like illbliss?

Does he want Mode9 to disown him?

It's obvious he's been crawling around with him and with no 'breakthrough'and perhaps he wants to be his own man. cool
Re: Od Goes Commercial by Rhymstein(m): 7:23pm On Jul 25, 2009
If i may ask wots goin commercial?Who told u guyz musicians dont want to be commercial?Some of u here no dey undastand issues.When he released d track dont hate,was it not commercial?Was mode9 cry,nigerian girls not commercial,terry's na beanz was it not commercial?If they werent how did ppl become familiar wit d songs.Is not only party/danceable tracks that r commercial guyz cos alabai's voice of God was commercial.Even 2shorts carry am go,ruggeds ehen.And all these talk abt modey slowin od n terry down r lies.Terry's shake yo shangbash,n d remix wit od no be party track?When im sing am shey him n mode no be friends.Mode was n stil rulecleans pal b4 n afta d song wetin i want.There's a diff btw dumbin down n goin commercial.N no be only terry g n k solo kind beat na im be commercial.Every catchy song can be commercial,it only depends on how u promote n quit d talk abt mode is slowin his guys down because od n terry v been doin party tracks b4 n their track if i catch u hen was b4 sample(is that not a commercial track that is not danceable)mode was in that video.He wldnt be if he was against it.
Re: Od Goes Commercial by icezik1(m): 9:31pm On Jul 25, 2009
@Rhymstein Na true talk be this.
Re: Od Goes Commercial by bouzymill(m): 12:11am On Jul 26, 2009
Rhymstein:

If i may ask wots goin commercial?Who told u guyz musicians dont want to be commercial?Some of u here no dey undastand issues.When he released d track dont hate,was it not commercial?Was mode9 cry,nigerian girls not commercial,terry's na beanz was it not commercial?If they werent how did ppl become familiar wit d songs.Is not only party/danceable tracks that r commercial guyz cos alabai's voice of God was commercial.Even 2shorts carry am go,ruggeds ehen.And all these talk abt modey slowin od n terry down r lies.Terry's shake yo shangbash,n d remix wit od no be party track?When im sing am shey him n mode no be friends.Mode was n stil rulecleans pal b4 n afta d song wetin i want.There's a diff btw dumbin down n goin commercial.N no be only terry g n k solo kind beat na im be commercial.Every catchy song can be commercial,it only depends on how u promote n quit d talk abt mode is slowin his guys down because od n terry v been doin party tracks b4 n their track if i catch u hen was b4 sample(is that not a commercial track that is not danceable)mode was in that video.He wldnt be if he was against it.

You've done a good job here, explaining it correctly,  what most people don't know is that there's MUSIC and there's MUSIC BUSINESS,  the term "MUSIC" is more of the standard (talent, lyrical ability,  knowledge of the art, etc.) while music business is the FINANCIAL SIDE of the art where MUSIC is then used in practical application,

now, either Cobhams is on the production or Terry G,  once it is going to an album for sale it's all commercial
asha's tracks are commercial, Dare's Not the GIrl, no matter how much standards he puts into the composition, is commercial, 

Where the term "commercial" began to be narrowed down is when most artists of prefer to sacrifice the knowledge side of things, lyrical side of things and most of all, standard side of things to just go for "beatmakers" that will create ringtone beats and they can say whatever is it in their mouth they have to. e.g COLLABO,

so,  all in all,  they are all commercial, some are just lyrically richer than others,
Re: Od Goes Commercial by rapjunkie(m): 9:08am On Jul 26, 2009
Rhymstein:

bouzymill:

You've done a good job here, explaining it correctly, what most people don't know is that there's MUSIC and there's MUSIC BUSINESS, the term "MUSIC" is more of the standard (talent, lyrical ability, knowledge of the art, etc.) while music business is the FINANCIAL SIDE of the art where MUSIC is then used in practical application,

now, either Cobhams is on the production or Terry G, once it is going to an album for sale it's all commercial
asha's tracks are commercial, Dare's Not the GIrl, no matter how much standards he puts into the composition, is commercial,

Where the term "commercial" began to be narrowed down is when most artists of prefer to sacrifice the knowledge side of things, lyrical side of things and most of all, standard side of things to just go for "beatmakers" that will create ringtone beats and they can say whatever is it in their mouth they have to. e.g COLLABO,

so, all in all, they are all commercial, some are just lyrically richer than others,

I gotta agree with ALL of the above cool
Re: Od Goes Commercial by phatwall: 3:36pm On Jul 27, 2009
'commercial' has to do with business,business involves making money,every artist wants to make money.
so i guess every artist is commercial.if not they wont be selling cd's.
any track could be a hit(no matter how hardcore it is) depending on the kind of promo and packaging it gets.
cos the more times u hear a song,the more u get accustommed to it.
eventually when the album comes out.u'll want to go out and buy it(especially if its a really good track)

so OD do ya thang man.

peace.
Re: Od Goes Commercial by drn0(m): 12:45am On Jul 30, 2009
WAIT A MINUTE, QUITE AGREE WIT STEIN WIT HIS ANALYSIS BUT DONT LET US CONFUSE D STREET MEANIN OF COMMERCIAL. WAT U GAVE IS D LITERAL MEANIN WCH PHATWALL XPANXIATED BUT WEN U WATER DOWN AND SAY GIBBERISH LIK YO YO YO AL ROUND D TRACK LIK KAREEM ALL LIK LINES LIK "WAN MAKE MONEY SHARP SHARP, LAN SHE FO FUWON NI COMMERCIAL" ETC DAN DATS D HEADACHE
Re: Od Goes Commercial by jeff101: 11:15am On Jul 30, 2009
about time,should have done that a long time ago.i wish him all the best.
Re: Od Goes Commercial by charlesopp(m): 11:34am On Jul 31, 2009
one luv OD
commercial,hardcore or mainstream
i still luv ya.

a single person can claim WE
he shld get ahead

(1) (Reply)

G.t The Guitarman Ft Sauce Kid-wettin U Say / Alanta Madness: What Next / The Nigerian Music Industry In The Year 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.