Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Say No To 'Women's Equality' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say No To 'Women's Equality' (5900 Views)

Governor Ajimobi Gives Ramadan Gifts To Women And Orphanages (Pics) / DSS Hands Over 82 Freed Chibok Girls To Women Affairs For Rehabilitation / n (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 28, 2016
londoner:
Why would a wife wake up and start abusing her husband out of nowhere though?

99% of women would not do that out of nowhere. You need to check yourself as a husband if that is happening. If you don't know how to settle a verbal disagreement verbally maybe now is the time.
It is called emotional maturity.

and here we go again with the "women are saints" who cannot look for trouble.

And verbally, like most men stand a chance with women when it comes to verbal issues
Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 28, 2016
CookieBrown:

Far too many Nigerian men use physical violence when they are annoyed and I suspect it is because they simply know no other way ---> But off course they know no other way, they (80% of Nigerian men) lack the mental capacity to think critically and apply logic to their daily lives, that's why they have failed in every area the Europeans and Asians have succeeded. Do you think it's coincidence other blacks outside African succeed far better than them? All they know is how to loot public funds, brag / chest beat, eat, shit and sleep. Almost everything he has in his life is thanks to the same Euros he hates, bloody hypocrites, just imagine if Europeans had the same mentality these idiots have, we'd all still be 1000 years behind today's developments. Instead of thinking of how to embrace change and development and improve his society, he's busy fighting women.

that we lack ability for critical thinking is the reason we one of us got offered admission to study in all of US's Ivey league universities, a feat the Europeans and the Asians have never been able to achieve.

That's why apart from the Indians, we are the largest foreign medical practitioners in the whole of the UK.

That's why despite living in a piracy perverted society, we have been able to raise an entertainment industry that has not only created role model millionaires, but has also been able to export culture and influence about a billion people only third behind the americans and the indians. This means we doing far better than the Russians, the british, the Brazilians, the Japanese, the french, Germans etc in that area.

That's why we have been able to contain and eradicate an Ebola epidermic before it took 10 of our citizens.

That's why Dangote has become one of the richest people on earth.

1 Like

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 28, 2016
londoner:

Sorry, but I think you're wrong. What unfair and unearned rights? The issue especially in places like Nigeria is that lack of equality between the sexes is to the detriment of the home and larger society. The mindset still prevails in some parts that the girl child is not educated, where the girl child is FORCED to marry so young. Where the girl child undergoes FGM. Where domestic violence is accepted, where a woman can not inherit from her father even if her hard earned money has helped build it. So many more example for which the boy child simply has NO EQUIVALENT.

There was a time in the West when women could not vote. When my mum first came to the UK and met and married my dad she was not allowed to purchase a house with her own money and have it in her name. They still have inequalities in pay in the West. Now you tell me how it is fair that two people do the exact same job but one is paid less because she is a woman. It is the man being paid more even though he does not do more that is an unearned and unfair right. In Nigeria and Africa men are automatically afforded unearned and unfair privileges and the discriminatory attitude towards women abounds even in 2016.

The need for gender equality for women is as a result of the rights that men ALREADY enjoy. That's kind of the point.

you obviously do not know Nigeria.

The boy child has been denied education in parts of the country. Amajiri is not synonymous with girls but boys!

Many boy children get married early too. The gateman of the house next to us was already married and had 2 children a the age of 17. This means he will never grow beyond being a gateman.

There are parts of the country where boys are circumcised at the time thay are already 14-17 by guess who? Women! These boys are circumcised without any pain killers. These untrained women many times do the process badly and that eventually leads to sterilization and in some cases, death!

The woman has so many agencies, both governmental and non governmental that is dedicated to her cause. Programmes on tv called gender agenda turns out to be women agenda.

In several parts of Nigeria, a man has no right to his BIOLOICAL CHILD if he is not married to the mother. Tell me how fair that is?

A man not married, cannot be president or take up high elected positions. In traditional Igbo communities, men cannot get chieftancy titles if they are not married. So what are you talking about?

There is unequal pay in the west for men and women and you still believe they are better than us, where a woman gets exactly the same thing her male collegue gets? You really need to get yourself correctly before coming on air to talk.

Talking about pay gap, it turns out that the so called pay gap exists because men and women are not doing exactly the same jobs afterall. Men work more hours than women. And most women are found in careers that are not high risk. Why would you want to take the same pay with someone who works more hours? Doesn't that make you a thief?
Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by CookieBrown: 11:38am On Mar 28, 2016
craziebone:

that we lack ability for critical thinking is the reason we one of us got offered admission to study in all of US's Ivey league universities, a feat the Europeans and the Asians have never been able to achieve.

That's why apart from the Indians, we are the largest foreign medical practitioners in the whole of the UK.

That's why despite living in a piracy perverted society, we have been able to raise an entertainment industry that has not only created role model millionaires, but has also been able to export culture and influence about a billion people only third behind the americans and the indians. This means we doing far better than the Russians, the british, the Brazilians, the Japanese, the french, Germans etc in that area.

That's why we have been able to contain and eradicate an Ebola epidermic before it took 10 of our citizens.

That's why Dangote has become one of the richest people on earth.

This man just proved me right when i said most Nigerian men lack critical thinking, he can't even read and understand properly. The person i quoted said, ''MOST'' and not ''ALL''.

that we lack ability for critical thinking is the reason we one of us got offered admission to study in all of US's Ivey league universities, a feat the Europeans and the Asians have never been able to achieve. --> Really? are you just playing the devil's advocate or are you this delusional?
Who or where do you think Americans come from? That same Ivy league you just mentioned, who owns the schools? Who built it? The student attending it come from where? Or a Nigerian is the only student? Nigerian men are better than the Japanese? Chinese? Christ! Did you read your piece before posting?

That's why despite living in a piracy perverted society, we have been able to raise an entertainment industry that has not only created role model millionaires, but has also been able to export culture and influence about a billion people only third behind the americans and the indians. This means we doing far better than the Russians, the british, the Brazilians, the Japanese, the french, Germans etc in that area ----> Really? Again?? Now i believe you are mentally ill. Look outside your window, look at your immediate surroundings, tell us what you see. OMG! Do you even have a TV set? How can any sane human say Nigeria is better than the above listen countries, i mean how.

That's why we have been able to contain and eradicate an Ebola epidermic before it took 10 of our citizens.--> Ebola eradicated? Huh?

That's why Dangote has become one of the richest people on earth. ----> In Africa you meant. Are you Dangote? are 90% of Nigerian men like Dangote? Do they think like he does? Have you heard of Forbes magazine? Go read it.

" Why do i feel like i just wasted my time''

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
CookieBrown:

This man just proved me right when i said most Nigerian men lack critical thinking, he can't even read and understand properly. The person i quoted said, ''MOST'' and not ''ALL''.

that we lack ability for critical thinking is the reason we one of us got offered admission to study in all of US's Ivey league universities, a feat the Europeans and the Asians have never been able to achieve. --> Really? are you just playing the devil's advocate or are you this delusional?
Who or where do you think Americans come from? That same Ivy league you just mentioned, who owns the schools? Who built it? The student attending it come from where? Or a Nigerian is the only student? Nigerian men are better than the Japanese? Chinese? Christ! Did you read your piece before posting?

That's why despite living in a piracy perverted society, we have been able to raise an entertainment industry that has not only created role model millionaires, but has also been able to export culture and influence about a billion people only third behind the americans and the indians. This means we doing far better than the Russians, the british, the Brazilians, the Japanese, the french, Germans etc in that area ----> Really? Again?? Now i believe you are mentally ill. Look outside your window, look at your immediate surroundings, tell us what you see. OMG! Do you even have a TV set? How can any sane human say Nigeria is better than the above listen countries, i mean how.

That's why we have been able to contain and eradicate an Ebola epidermic before it took 10 of our citizens.--> Ebola eradicated? Huh?

That's why Dangote has become one of the richest people on earth. ----> In Africa you meant. Are you Dangote? are 90% of Nigerian men like Dangote? Do they think like he does? Have you heard of Forbes magazine? Go read it.

" Why do i feel like i just wasted my time''

i think you should try to read a book on how to use Nairaland before you try to use it.

Fact is, no single individual has ever been offered admission to study in ALL OF THE IVY LEAGUE UNIVERSITIES except a Nigerian who broke that record last year. And that makes it even more phenomenal; that they could build their institutions of learning to the standard it now enjoys and not even a single one of them has ever been qualified enough to be offered admission in all of the ivy leagues but a Nigerian.

Pls show me where i said Nigerians are doing better than the Chinese et al in all areas of life? I was making specific reference to culture and entertainment and the projection of it.

Last time i checked, most Americans, brits et al, are not Zukerberg and the rest of them. So if you do not speak of america in demeaning and condescending tone, why speak of us in that way? #Self-hate!

What is there in forbes magazine to read that you are refering me to?

You revered poster said we lack emotional and critical thinking and that's why according to her, we fight all the time. But guess who has fought the most in recent time? America. Russia just ended its campaign in Syria. The Korean, Vietnam, the two gulf wars, the cosovo / yugoslavia war, Iraq and afghanistan war as well as the Libya war was fought by who? You so called people with better thinkin ability.

I advice you to just shut up already ans stop exibiting your self hate everywhere. Not everyone is like you and you should get it into your head!
Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by CookieBrown: 12:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
craziebone:

i think you should try to read a book on how to use Nairaland before you try to use it.

Fact is, no single individual has ever been offered admission to study in ALL OF THE IVY LEAGUE UNIVERSITIES except a Nigerian who broke that record last year. And that makes it even more phenomenal; that they could build their institutions of learning to the standard it now enjoys and not even a single one of them has ever been qualified enough to be offered admission in all of the ivy leagues but a Nigerian.

Pls show me where i said Nigerians are doing better than the Chinese et al in all areas of life? I was making specific reference to culture and entertainment and the projection of it.

Last time i checked, most Americans, brits et al, are not Zukerberg and the rest of them. So if you do not speak of america in demeaning and condescending tone, why speak of us in that way? #Self-hate!

What is there in forbes magazine to read that you are refering me to?

You revered poster said we lack emotional and critical thinking and that's why according to her, we fight all the time. But guess who has fought the most in recent time? America. Russia just ended its campaign in Syria. The Korean, Vietnam, the two gulf wars, the cosovo / yugoslavia war, Iraq and afghanistan war as well as the Libya war was fought by who? You so called people with better thinkin ability.

I advice you to just shut up already ans stop exibiting your self hate everywhere. Not everyone is like you and you should get it into your head!

I advice you to just shut up already ans stop exibiting your self hate everywhere. Not everyone is like you and you should get it into your head! ---> Another proof he lacks critical thinking, he's best resort, anger. So many questions i asked him, and yet no answers, no defense, all anger.

i think you should try to read a book on how to use Nairaland before you try to use it ---> What the hell does that even mean?

You revered poster said we lack emotional and critical thinking and that's why according to her, we fight all the time. But guess who has fought the most in recent time? America. Russia just ended its campaign in Syria. ------> Fighting against an enemy, after diplomacy has failed, to save peoples lives is critical thinking. That's why they are a grater nation (America/Russia) and Nigeria a lesser one. How does that relate to an individual's ability to think critically anyway? The Syrians helped to destroy their very own country because most of them lack critical thinking like you!

Quit trying to divert this argument and answer my own previous questions. We talking about critical reasoning of the average Nigerian man and how it affects his society. Look outside your window and tell what you see. Stop living in denial, i mean how can any sane, proper reasoning person say Nigeria is performing better than European countries, how? Almost everything in our nation is European influenced, in fact there is no argument here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
LadyExcellency:
@ Rossikk

Are you are referring to "low-end" women and women of "easy-virtue"?

You mean a man will kick me out in the mansion I built by my sweat because he is no longer satisfied with our marriage?

Bros, na Mgbeke dey ask for equality not self-made, innovative and morally sound ladies like Ladyexcellency.

Men bow before "women of great virtue" hence we are not perturbed nor are we begging for crumbs from men in the name of doing us a favour.
@feminist Iam yet to see a selfmade woman from a poor background without sucking men first
Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
LadyExcellency:
@ Rossikk

Are you are referring to "low-end" women and women of "easy-virtue"?

You mean a man will kick me out in the mansion I built by my sweat because he is no longer satisfied with our marriage?

Bros, na Mgbeke dey ask for equality not self-made, innovative and morally sound ladies like Ladyexcellency.

Men bow before "women of great virtue" hence we are not perturbed nor are we begging for crumbs from men in the name of doing us a favour.
@feminist Iam yet to see a selfmade woman from a poor background without sucking men first.
Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
I wil rather marry eurasian or purely asian woman than to accept gender equality in Africa. People who don't like telling themselves the truth.
Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by chiozor: 5:24pm On Nov 15, 2016

you obviously do not know Nigeria.
The boy child has been denied education in parts of the country. Amajiri is not synonymous with girls but boys!
Many boy children get married early too. The gateman of the house next to us was already married and had 2 children a the age of 17. This means he will never grow beyond being a gateman.
There are parts of the country where boys are circumcised at the time thay are already 14-17 by guess who? Women! These boys are circumcised without any pain killers. These untrained women many times do the process badly and that eventually leads to sterilization and in some cases, death!
The woman has so many agencies, both governmental and non governmental that is dedicated to her cause. Programmes on tv called gender agenda turns out to be women agenda.
In several parts of Nigeria, a man has no right to his BIOLOICAL CHILD if he is not married to the mother. Tell me how fair that is?
A man not married, cannot be president or take up high elected positions. In traditional Igbo communities, men cannot get chieftancy titles if they are not married. So what are you talking about?
There is unequal pay in the west for men and women and you still believe they are better than us, where a woman gets exactly the same thing her male collegue gets? You really need to get yourself correctly before coming on air to talk.
Talking about pay gap, it turns out that the so called pay gap exists because men and women are not doing exactly the same jobs afterall. Men work more hours than women. And most women are found in careers that are not high risk. Why would you want to take the same pay with someone who works more hours? Doesn't that make you a thief?

epic response

1 Like

Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by AVRecruit: 4:33pm On Nov 16, 2016
My best advise for men in a feminist environment is this: forget marriage if u live in the West its not worth it just have a partner. keep ur money in USD in a preferably non feminist country. Grow ur international network of ppl who can help you; there is strength in numbers.

Secondly men enter the kitchen and be ur own wife.

Theres nothing for a man in marriage today in the West and they hv brought the same destruction of family to Nigeria.

I support equality under the law. Respect is earned; I respect strong and powerful women like Mary Slessor who stopped the killing of twins among the Efiks or ibibios cant remember. God chose a woman to conceive the Son of God. Holy Spirit was fully capable of making Joseph grow a womb and bear Christ but chose a woman - so women already hv the highest honor.

Anyway i work hard for my money and i aint yielding half of my assets to any lady thats for sure.
Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by mikolo80: 2:56am On Nov 17, 2016
Men and women will never be equal
Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 17, 2016
A very daft comment indeed. No wonder African men have the lowest IQ among humans. Get well soon!
Rossikk:
I disagree with most of this. Africans are not "emotionally unstable", and so called domestic violence is men's response to nasty, rude wives with filthy mouths who have no respect. What about a law for their verbal violence?
Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:39pm On Nov 23, 2016
Rossikk:
99% of men would not hit their wives if their wives did not hurl vitriolic insults at them. Why should a woman insult and abuse someone that is physically stronger than her? And then expect not to be touched? That's unnatural. I as a man cannot walk up to a seven foot guy with thick muscles and start insulting him. Why? Because I know he'll box me up. In Nigeria, a housemaid cannot walk up to her madam and start abusing her. Why? Because the madam will slap her up and sack her. Cuba cannot launch an air strike against the USA. Why? Because the US will retaliate and annihilate them. You cannot wake up in the morning and start hurling insults at God. Why? Because you know he merely has to click his fingers and you're history. Nobody contests these examples of real world power imbalance. So why should women expect to escape the natural consequence of their spiteful and nasty utterances? And then when you slap her she says "no we are equal...you can't touch me". Well, since you are equal, fight me back nah.. Why run to oyinbo to protest?

So, women should be living in fear?
Even when provoked, they should remain silent?
Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by seguun(m): 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2016
Gender equity is good...Gender equality is trying to change the natural order of things. It will eventually lead to anachy in the society. It is a complete evil.
Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Ovokoo: 7:33pm On Nov 23, 2016
londoner:

Lol..replace the word Blacks in your quote with women and the word Whites with the word men and you are looking at what you yourself are suggesting with this very thread.

For as long as Nigerian men seek to be put over Nigerian women let the White man be put over you.It is called karma and it is only fair.
The OP got his title very wrong. I think what he's against is an inequality that puts the woman ahead of the man and not Equality. I'm in support of true equality where everyone will be treated equally or an inequality where everyone will be treated based on their strengths and weaknesses.
Re: Say No To 'Women's Equality' by Ovokoo: 7:35pm On Nov 23, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

So, women should be living in fear?
Even when provoked, they should remain silent?
Even when men are provoked, they should remain silent. Why are men told to take a walk when their wives abuse them verbally but women are not told to do the same? Double standard much? No?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

In Response To Jonathan's Accrued Oil Earnings Vs Buhari's / Arrested Hired Assassins In Ilorin Implicated Saraki, Maigida & Others. / Makinde’s Govt Will Not Renege On Our Electioneering Promises – Olaniyan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.