Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,729 members, 7,820,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

#istandwithbuhari Is A Group Of Political Jobbers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #istandwithbuhari Is A Group Of Political Jobbers (256 Views)

Presidency distances itself from #istandwithbuhari organization / Seun Kuti Mocks Magun, EFCC Boss, As He's Pictured With IstandWithBuhari Members / #IstandWithBuhari: Kayode Ogundamis Exposes Chinedu Okpalanma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#istandwithbuhari Is A Group Of Political Jobbers by adgorwell: 5:46pm On Mar 24, 2016
After the election, traditional Buhari’s critics, also known as the Wailing Wailers, started several hash tags on Twitter, such as #BabaGoSlow, #100WastedDays, #BudgetOfYams, #TyrantBuhari and more recently and embarrassingly, #BringBackCorruption. To all these, Buhari’s supporters have responded well too. They have launched counter attacks like: #GoOnBuhari to counter the accusations of his critics that he is a dictator. Apart from this, noticing the loss of steam and the seeming defencelessness of Buharists on social media, neo-Buharists regrouped and decided to do “something unique.” They launched what they called, #iStandWithBuhari.

The group promoting the hash tag has been vocal on social media for a while now. On getting to see the group’s sponsored advert, I immediately put a call through to its secretariat sometimes last month. I was told the group intends to mobilise a whopping 9 million Nigerians to a rally in support of President Buhari. I asked if there was any election in sight which the President was participating. To this, the receiver of my call answered in the negative. He only told me of the president’s war against corruption and the commencement of operation of the Treasury Single Account (TSA). The question I asked myself after ending the call was: Why the rally?
http://olalekanadigun.com/istandwithbuhari-limits-political-opportunism-olalekan-waheed-adigun/

(1) (Reply)

Patriotic Nigerian Youths. / Nigeria Today:easter Celebrations, The Fuel Scarcity And The State Of The Nation / When Nigerian Youths Will Get It Right In This Country?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.