Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

While States Struggle To Pay Salaries, Edo Increases Health Workers’ Pay - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / While States Struggle To Pay Salaries, Edo Increases Health Workers’ Pay (549 Views)

Why I Cannot Pay Salaries In Benue State — Gov. Ortom / President Buhari Begs Governors To Pay Salaries / Tension In NLNG As Seafarer's Wages Are Cut By 50%. Shore Workers Pay Increased (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

While States Struggle To Pay Salaries, Edo Increases Health Workers’ Pay by Jamesismyname(m): 12:46am On Mar 25, 2016
Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has approved a five percent pay rise for health workers.
The governor said the wage increment is for all health workers including laboratory technicians, nurses and midwives.
The state government had earlier in the month also raised doctors’ pay by the same level after extensive negotiations
It announced the new increase while receiving members of the Joint Health Sector Union (JOHESU), who visited him at Government House, Benin City, on the government’s invitation.
The state government’s pay rise came even as many states in the country are presently struggling to pay wages, with many owing workers’ salary arrears for up to five months.
“I asked you to come over because I know that two years ago, we had a wage review based on certain criteria which you preferred to call 90% but for me, that was what we were willing to pay and were able to pay at that time,” Mr. Oshiomhole said.
“And I did say that when situation improves, we would look at it and make some further upward adjustment.”
Re: While States Struggle To Pay Salaries, Edo Increases Health Workers’ Pay by nnachukz(m): 1:27am On Mar 25, 2016
Why APC states struggle to pay salaries Edo tries to be an exception because election is fast approaching there.

(1) (Reply)

See Photo Of Nigerian Female Soldier That Was Reportedly Beheaded By Boko Haram / How To Hire Freelance Writers Online [check List] / FRSC Can’t Be Speed Limiter Sole Distributor – Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.