Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain (1397 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Former ASUU President Says Union Members Are Ready To Stike For 3 To 5 Years. / ASUU Suspend Stike: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by uniquey: 3:56pm On Jul 24, 2009
it only God that can save the student from the hand of ASUU because this so called strike is really affecting us all.
so, Let us all start praying to papa God to touch their heart.
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by osix(m): 7:09pm On Jul 25, 2009
I SUPPORT YOU MY GUY JUST KEEP ON PRAYING WE SHALL START THE EXAM VERY SOON.AMEN
THE GREAT IFE
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by ak21(m): 8:42pm On Jul 27, 2009
what ASUU is demanding can not be offered! so, for us "grass" that would always bear the grunt of the muscles of two giant elephant in a Royal Rumble thoroughfare. Let the entire Nigeria students beg prof Awuzie to accept the 20 per cent offer and go back to classroom.It is not just fair on us students. By 20 % increase, what it means is that if you are a lecturer on the 100,000 naira salary, you now receive 140,000.That is good enough.But if ASUU insist on the 109% they are demanding, tell me what will remain for other sectors outside education.What am saying is that thier demand is so big to be granted at once.Let them accept what has been offered to ASUU and perhaps embark on another strike in the next government and see if they will get the remaining percentage!
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by chibuzineo(m): 10:13pm On Jul 27, 2009
tax evry body we really pray they call the strike we are all still at home we pray they call it off
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by muyeskin(m): 6:03pm On Jul 28, 2009
Assistant Moderator,

Hello Fellow Nairalanders,

Please vote for Muyeskin as your assistant moderator of the education sector for continuity and progress.

Thanks.

Muyeskin
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by RotimiGuy(m): 10:29pm On Jul 28, 2009
angry Am so angry i am unhappy at the same time pls what do u think is the solution, or pls what have u people heard in the news cos i have boned television
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by RotimiGuy(m): 10:31pm On Jul 28, 2009
angry Am so angry i am unhappy at the same time pls what do u think is the solution, or pls what have u people heard in the news cos i have boned television
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by ukaohak: 9:32am On Jul 29, 2009
ASUU's strike is simple to end and it all depends on the Federal Government. I think the students can put pressure on their influential parents to make the FGN sign the agreement. The point we are confused is when they say salaries for academics had been increased by 40%, and we ask, 40% of what? Basic or Total emoluments?
The Federal Government can sign the agrement on behalf of all Federal Universities and a clause inserted to make it optional for State Universities pay according to the availability of resources.
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by U1(m): 9:44am On Jul 29, 2009
Abeg, bone o. The two party involved are just not sincere and concerned since they are not affected directly, if at all. undecided
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by chrisical(m): 11:26am On Jul 29, 2009
Na God fit intervain.
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by kokoA(m): 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2009
I listened to Mr. President commenting on this issue yesterday, to the best of my knowledge I think the federal government has played her role well and the have explicitly made their position clear to ASUU and all Nigerians. The problem now is with your block headed lecturers who can not undestand simple english (or they pretend not to understand). Government is saying that it can not sign an agreement with ASUU because this is abody that cuts across differnt institutions both federal and state, there is no way in a democracy that the federal government can compell or sign on behalf of the state owned universities. Simple!

They have agreed to most of their demands but the good for nothing lecturers still want an agreement signed.
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by Kratos007(m): 5:58pm On Jul 29, 2009
Na God go punish everybody when say students no go progress
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by opiororo1(m): 11:57pm On Jul 29, 2009
Hey bt what the heck is their problem? I'm sick of staying at home cuz i'm bored. The funniest thing is that we would just resume and then we have tests and exams knocking at our door.praying that we resume soon though. Hail to all Great Ife student, ALUTA CONTINUA VICTORIA ASCERTA. cool
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by otokx(m): 6:49am On Jul 30, 2009
Don't believe the propaganda by government you see on TV. This same government is reported to have increased the salary of only the VC by over 200% to a basic of N1.3m now the various registrars and bursars are gingering SSANU and NASU to get a share of the booty. The least lecturer by the way who is an assistant lecturer earns about 65k with a masters degree so i don't know where you came up with 100k. You guys are going to be hearing rumor after rumor of strike being called off and some of you out of boredom will return to your campuses but alas it will just be as a beating of the air.
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by Tudor6(f): 10:15am On Jul 30, 2009
So ASUU is still on strike. . . .what exactly are their demands this time?
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by rebelious: 1:56pm On Jul 30, 2009
Stop listening to rumours these lecturer know what they are doing. The fg are the ones playing baba ijebu with Nigerias money. POSTUME students just keep reading dont lose hope or if u have enough money lose hope and go to a private uni.
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by chibuzineo(m): 6:35pm On Jul 30, 2009
hello to all gals and guis in the nairaland i want to say u are all doing a good job but i really want to say dat the fg knows wat they are doing they really dont want to call off the so called strike,well its non of dier business since dey have enough money to send dier children to private uni they just show a non challant attitude towads the strike i really dont blame the lecturer since the fg have 50billion naira to give to niger delta to stop bursting pipeline and dey say they can meet up to the demand of ASUU dats bulshit they are all thievs but at dis juction all we have to pray is 4 gods intervention in the matter but i assure u cuis that by august tehy will call it up one love my people and to all the great students of UNN stay blessed MICHEAL
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by otokx(m): 12:00am On Jul 31, 2009
The strike took a new dimension today with the FG through the NUC issued a circular to the management of federal universities not to pay any salary for the month of July. This is actually the second to the final strategy that the FG can employ and may prolong matters for another 3 weeks during which various universities will then by executive order open the universities for students to resume but the lecturers will not teach. Students will out of happiness go back to campuses once the order is made but alas by the time they stay for 4 weeks and finish their money then the wise ones will go back home and the strike may by this time be in the 2nd week of September. The VP had a meeting with ASUU yesterday and is billed to meet again next Monday.
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by canuck(m): 5:35am On Jul 31, 2009
Why is everyone high on "intervain"? Definitely not the effect of ASUU strike.

grin grin grin
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by RotimiGuy(m): 3:59am On Aug 01, 2009
Am happy u people are concern with the issue, i hope we are all praying also and gratful for your update
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by kaycast(m): 6:34am On Aug 01, 2009
Nothing new as at now still awaiting the next meeting, last update see http://nigerian-youth..com
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by CON1: 2:18pm On Aug 01, 2009
fellow nairalanders at last there is candle light at the tunnel, lets hope it wont be dead b4 we get there.
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by RotimiGuy(m): 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2009
Amen let's pray it grows brghter instead and not dimmer
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by PollMaster: 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2009
cant even spell intervene university scholar
Re: ASUU Stike, Only God Can Intervain by gorgton(m): 12:23pm On Aug 03, 2009
Any new update on ASUU strike?

(1) (Reply)

Oauife General Cut-off Mark / Unisa Distance Learning / Cut Off Mark For Various Courses In Nigeria Universities 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.