Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Market Location Advice - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Market Location Advice (502 Views)

‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market / What Can You Buy With #5 At Your Location? / Someone Please Help With The Location Of RCS Logistics In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Market Location Advice by greenhope(m): 7:49am On Mar 25, 2016
Greetings

Recently I saw a product that caught my interest and after researching it, I discovered it a problem solving product. e.g The product is rechargeable lamps, fan and torch which I believe partly solve the problem of power in Nigeria.

My Question is

Where will be more strategic for my market/shop location, is it in idumota which is where people go and buy it in wholesale and retail but with alot of competitors or Sango Ota where we have small retailers without wholesellers and competition ?
Re: Market Location Advice by greenhope(m): 2:48pm On Mar 26, 2016
Pls an experienced market opinion needed
Re: Market Location Advice by greenhope(m): 8:37am On Mar 30, 2016
Still waiting for answer
Re: Market Location Advice by emmaBS(m): 9:26am On Mar 30, 2016
If you have enough capital to compete in Idumota, then Idumota is better. Shops are more expensive in Idumota but you are sure of sales no matter the level of competition.
You will make sales in Sango but the volume can not be compared to that of Idumota. Also, it will take longer time for you to gain many custmers in Sango.

But OP, the product is not new in d market. You will see many different designs and brands of that product in the market already.
Re: Market Location Advice by greenhope(m): 6:42pm On Mar 30, 2016
emmaBS:
If you have enough capital to compete in Idumota, then Idumota is better. Shops are more expensive in Idumota but you are sure of sales no matter the level of competition.
You will make sales in Sango but the volume can not be compared to that of Idumota. Also, it will take longer time for you to gain many custmers in Sango.

But OP, the product is not new in d market. You will see many different designs and brands of that product in the market already.

Thanks Emma,

Your suggestion was really on point.

I believe the future of market and sales is in retail and that's why am looking at sango ota or oshodi instead of competing in Idumota not that I can't.

I just think instead of being a fish in an sea why not become a crocodile in a river

Its just my business concept for now and I am still open to more ideas here

(1) (Reply)

12 Tire Lorry Needed Urgently / Poland / Advertise Your Business, Blogs, Jobs Anything For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.