Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,897 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

My Hp 250 Laptop Is Very Slow Help!!! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Hp 250 Laptop Is Very Slow Help!!! (3244 Views)

HP 250 Laptop Intel Celeron Dual Core/4gb Ram/320gb — N60k (Giveaway Price) / How Much Is A New HP 250 Laptop Screen? / I Was Unable To Install Peachtree 2007 On My Hp 250 Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Hp 250 Laptop Is Very Slow Help!!! by yinkarh187(m): 9:21am On Mar 25, 2016
Hello, I use a hp 250 laptop with 4gb ram and dual cuo processor but anytime I try copying files either from flash or hard disk it's very slow and frustrating. please any help pr advice will be appreciated
Re: My Hp 250 Laptop Is Very Slow Help!!! by eme1n(m): 9:27am On Mar 25, 2016
This was posted on NL last month:
Steps to make pc boot faster: 
(1) Click on "START BUTTON" and navigate to "run"
(2) Then type: Msconfig and click run
(3) A window will pop up then click "STARTUP"
(4) Now you would be presented with bunch of filenames and addressess and boxes with checks in them. Uncheck all the boxes(if possible) then click apply and ok.
Now the computer will ask if you will like to restart. Restart the system and the settings will kick in.
Note: You can use a software called "BOOTVis" to speed up booting automatically"
SOURCE: http://starxclusive.com/how-to-speed-up-a-slow-computer/
Re: My Hp 250 Laptop Is Very Slow Help!!! by lanvic12(m): 9:37am On Mar 25, 2016
To my own experience...with 4gb ram? Still slow? Try to get in touch with laptop engineer and put paste on the processor or try to back up your files and format the laptop...
Re: My Hp 250 Laptop Is Very Slow Help!!! by shawlxAk(m): 2:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
1. Do you make use of a third-party app for copying files?

2. If you have an anti-virus software installed, it might be slowing things down by trying to scan each file that is being copied on access. Disable it and see if that helps.

3. Run chkdsk /r from an elevated command prompt.

yinkarh187:
Hello, I use a hp 250 laptop with 4gb ram and dual cuo processor but anytime I try copying files either from flash or hard disk it's very slow and frustrating. please any help pr advice will be appreciated
Re: My Hp 250 Laptop Is Very Slow Help!!! by yinkarh187(m): 6:03pm On Mar 25, 2016
eme1n:
This was posted on NL last month:
Steps to make pc boot faster: 
(1) Click on "START BUTTON" and navigate to "run"
(2) Then type: Msconfig and click run
(3) A window will pop up then click "STARTUP"
(4) Now you would be presented with bunch of filenames and addressess and boxes with checks in them. Uncheck all the boxes(if possible) then click apply and ok.
Now the computer will ask if you will like to restart. Restart the system and the settings will kick in.
Note: You can use a software called "BOOTVis" to speed up booting automatically"
SOURCE: http://starxclusive.com/how-to-speed-up-a-slow-computer/
thanks I'll do that now and give u feedback
Re: My Hp 250 Laptop Is Very Slow Help!!! by yinkarh187(m): 6:07pm On Mar 25, 2016
shawlxAk:
1. Do you make use of a third-party app for copying files?

2. If you have an anti-virus software installed, it might be slowing things down by trying to scan each file that is being copied on access. Disable it and see if that helps.

3. Run chkdsk /r from an elevated command prompt.

1 I've already deleted the teracopy
2 I'm using g data like everybody else

(1) (Reply)

Report of 419 Letters / Can I Get A Mini Laptop With A CD-ROM Drive? / Hp Elitebook Folio 1020 G1 for sale N150,000 (Price is negotiable)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.