Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,492 members, 7,816,166 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics (44624 Views)

Pope Francis Kisses And Blesses Nigerian Boy Who Went Missing In Rome. Photos / Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram / Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Mosb(m): 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
Alikote:
religious books are the architects of all contractions in this world they prey on the limitation of man ability to comprehend the universe ,they duel on faith but not fact and always speedily quote some verse as their back up
the act of washing feet as humble and harmful as it look doesn't have the impetus to solve the barrage of problem facing humanity

a simple conference like the one happening in Geneva has reduce the deaths from the Syria war from a all time high of 500 person per day
to 34
this is what we need .....not some 1200 bc tradition with much publicity and no impact
this act of feet washing cant even cure mosquito malaria talkless of zica virus ravaging latin American where the pope and catholic church have the highest follower
he could rather gather virologist in rome to discuss how to battle war against zica virus than this religious dramatization of humility via feet washing
Africans wake up .....islam and it prophets where designed for the arab ,they pray in Arabic and even in the Islamic paradise Arabic with be the only languages according to the scripture
like wise Christian all their prophet where middle easterner
and the European spread their religion and beliefs and rituals to us African

where are the African religion,prophet ,ways why will accept their all the ONLY WAY TO SALVATION.
why didn't we export our own to convert some white to African religion...all na scam plus the African one
you really dont know do you? do you have an idea of how many pastors and priests are sent abroad every year?? just try to read wider divert from spiritual books read other books.... ull understand better
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by sharply5: 3:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
yekparikpa:
Be careful with your choice of words kid.

When you see the devil ,are you cautious not to call him a devil...he was rightly labeled. Read your Bible very well...don't be deceived...Humility my foot.
!
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by funkyrash(m): 3:21pm On Mar 25, 2016
wadetaw202:

You Dont deserve an answer

Didn't mean it in an offensive way, I just wanted to know what's the benefit?
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by klimson: 3:27pm On Mar 25, 2016
And so? The question is when are they dropping the next bomb?
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by chuose: 3:29pm On Mar 25, 2016
chuckcy:
u are a big fool

MOD rule 2 broken
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by nijanigga: 3:43pm On Mar 25, 2016
chuose:
[size=14pt]This False Prophet will never tell them that Jesus is the Only way.

Instead he is kissing their feet.

Will that save them from the wrath of God?
[/size]

God said do not bow to idols but POpe Francis loves to bow to idols
Exodus 20 (KJV)
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above,
or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them:
for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third
and fourth generation of them that hate me

[size=13]
Pope Francis loves Idols that God hates.
He kiss idols that God commands not to do

1 Kings 19:18
Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel,
all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.
[/size]
Nonsense, despite all your religiosity Nigeria is a hell on earth, did Jesus washed people's feet? the country is falling into abyss and this Bigot is misquoting the bible. Get life dude pray to God to fix Nigeria before casting others.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Faru1(m): 3:53pm On Mar 25, 2016
. from there, Pope will wash his own feet, hand, face and becomes a true Muslim!
what a great thing I wished for you
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by lebienconnu: 3:53pm On Mar 25, 2016
chuose:

[/size]

Exodus 20 (KJV)
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above,

for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third

[size=13]

all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.
[/size]

The Pope is trying to foster peace among the different religious groups and you are not happy about it.

In my humble opinion, I think we should leave no stone unturned to make e sure we are at peace with each other irrespective of our religious background.
Let us live in peace. The Pope is a prophet of peace and not a false one like you assert.

I, for instance, believe that God is limitless. That He has no partner in His kingdom and I also testify to His absolute oneness. On the day of judgment, let Him put me in hell if I am wrong. Let Jesus sentence me for not believing he is God but His messenger. That is me. Not you.

O ye hyper-religous morafoka , get the Pope's message of peace and pass it on not condemn it.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by engrchykae(m): 4:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
Profnedu:
humility @ its peak
hypocrisy at its zenith
political pope Francis bring on one world religion because thats ur mission while obama is acting his own script of bringing us the abomination that cause desolation.(gay marriage)
the music industry is equally trying to prepare the kingdom of lucifer.
U are all the same people with different roles to play within a bigger evil scheme.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by UmecheMoses(m): 4:17pm On Mar 25, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
How I wish Muslims and Christian should come together as one then the whole world will be in peace because Jehovah care for all of us be it Christian or Muslim.

The raster man called him jah

Muslims called him Allah

English man called him God.
But he is Jehovah.
We may have different names to called him but he cares for everyone.

Muslims and Christian let us stop fighting each other and start seeing ourselves as one.

A message from Godswillnwaoma.

Taaaaa. Go and reread the scriptures.....come back when you find Allah there....... Nothing worse than a christian who doesn't understand what Christianity is about. Who told you we worship one God, God is God.....not amadioha or Allah or what you choose to call him.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by adonisvg(m): 4:21pm On Mar 25, 2016
For those of you who still do not get the message, I'll explain.

The attitude of our littleness bowing down in front of the great is not yet an attitude of humility. It is simply, an attitude to truth. But when the great bows down before our littleness, that is true humility.

Humility, Service, Charity (Love). That's the message.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
Mosb:
you really dont know do you? do you have an idea of how many pastors and priests are sent abroad every year?? just try to read wider divert from spiritual books read other books.... ull understand better
sent abroad undecidedthat is targeted to groom black niggas to oversee the black congregation the religious magas of Europe are declining some churches are been close for lack of attendees..the only new maga ground is Africa.....travel round the world to open ur mind
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 25, 2016
Sijo01:
He's even kneeling down. Such display of humility. God bless you Pope.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by bezimo(m): 4:46pm On Mar 25, 2016
Catholics and their brand of Christianity. Na wa oh!!!
Is it not Idolatry of bowing to something or somebody except God.

I though Jesus Christ mandated that they should be preached to. (Hindus, muslims etc)What is the pope doing.

Even going ahead to declare them all children of the same God over Christians. Is the Pope misguided or its me that dont understand.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Silent104: 4:46pm On Mar 25, 2016
Banjoramos:

As Muslims we are encouraged in the Quran and by our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) to respect the beliefs of others. It is a fundamental principle of Islam that there is to be no compulsion in religion.

Whilst respecting others’ right to believe whatever they wish and whilst admiring the deep faith of many sincere individuals, Muslims would nonetheless like to tell others about Islam.

Muslims believe that Islam is the natural religion of mankind and that it has existed since the beginning of time. Allah Almighty spoke to His Creation right from the very beginning of time through Prophets.

It surely makes sense that the message He sent through these Prophets was the same message. It would make no sense at all that Allah would send different messages. Why would He do this? Is it to confuse people?

No, Muslims believe that the one message spoken by all Prophets was the Oneness of God. God, in other words, is without partner or equal and there is nothing like unto Him.

So are we saying, then, that Christians and Jews are telling lies when they speak about God? No, we are not. Muslims believe that over time the one message proclaimed by all Prophets became distorted, either through translation or even by deliberate effort on the part of some.

The specific messages given by individual Prophets were given to a particular people at a particular time in history. That is why Allah Almighty allowed these messages to become altered: they were never intended to last.

The message revealed to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), however, was intended for all people and for all time, so it has remained completely unaltered since it was first revealed fourteen hundred years ago.

The problem that many people have today is that they have been fed a particular narrative for over two thousand years. In just a few days’ time, people all over the world will celebrate the ressurection of Jesus (peace be upon him).

Christian art, architecture, sculpture and poetry have all reinforced this notion of Jesus as God’s Son, born in a stable in Bethlehem, and people have come to accept this as fact, just as many people accept as fact that the same Jesus died on the Cross.

Muslims follow another narrative. The Quran tells them that Jesus did not die on the Cross and that he was not God’s son. Whilst his birth is described in the Quran, it is different to the one we have in the versions of the Christian Gospel which were chosen, from among many, by the early Church to represent it’s belief.

In talking to sincere Christian believers, then, we first have to begin, with tact and with respect, to suggest that what they believe as fact is not necessarily true.

The greatest appeal we have as Muslims is to appeal to reason. Islam teaches that there is a God and this God has spoken to His Creation since the beginning of time. This God can do whatever He wills and He needs no one else to help Him in His plan for Creation.

It just doesn’t make sense that this God would need to send a son down to earth to die on the Cross to save people from a sin committed at the beginning of time by Adam and Eve.

God can do whatever He wants. In the Muslim version of the Adam and Eve story, Adam and Eve are indeed tempted and do sin, but they are forgiven.They repented and Allah accepted their repentance and forgave them. Sending them down out of Paradise to the earth was not a punishment from Allah for what they did. Rather, it was something that Allah had destined for them before He ever created them. All of this is a part of the Divine Plan of Allah to make the world a “testing ground” as it were, for them and all the humans that came after them.
Their descendants forever don’t carry with them the guilt of that first sin. In such a case, even if Jesus (peace be upon him) did come down to earth to save mankind, what would he save them from?

Islam is so very simple. As Muslims we have made it seem so very complicated. The message of Islam, that there is a God Who speaks, speaks directly to the hearts of all people. Allah only needs to say to a thing “Be” and it is. He does not need a son or anyone else to help him. This is a very reasonable and sensible belief.

In talking to sincere believers of other faiths we need to approach each other with respect and to suggest very gently that they look again at what they believe and ask themselves is their belief reasonable and sensible.
Indeed, we believe that Islam is the fullness of revelation, completing all that had gone before and presenting a simple way for men and women to approach their Creator.

ALLAHU AKBAR May Almighty Allah continue 2 bless u. Ameen
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by engrchykae(m): 4:47pm On Mar 25, 2016
I respect Islam because its the only religion that questions western imperialists.
Left for we christians,we have been conquered since the days of the fraudulent missionaries who came as spies for the british clown sorry i mean crown
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by amanze15(m): 4:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
smudge2079:
nah, we are praying for u. GOD would definitely open ur eyes someday.
The church have existed since time immemorial my brother when you enter church that you can solemnly pray to God, no other place can give me that fulfillment its heavenly my bros. may God help you experience that soon. God bless us all
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by amanze15(m): 4:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
just saw it online.

How Old Is Your Church?

If you are a Lutheran, your religion was founded by Martin Luther, an ex- monk of the Catholic Church, in the year 1517.

If you belong to the Church of England, your religion was founded by King Henry VIII in the year 1534 because the Pope would not grant him a divorce with the right to remarry.

If you are a Presbyterian, your religion was founded by John Knox in Scotland in the year 1560.

If you are a Protestant Episcopalian, your religion was an offshoot of the Church of England founded by Samuel Seabury in the American colonies in the 17th century.

If you are a Congregationalist, your religion was originated by Robert Brown in Holland in 1582.

If you are a Methodist, your religion was launched by John and Charles Wesley in England in 1744.

If you are a Unitarian, Theophilus Lindley founded your church in London in 1774.

If you are a Mormon (Latter Day Saints), Joseph Smith started your religion in Palmyra, N.Y., in 1829.

If you are a Baptist, you owe the tenets of your religion to John Smyth, who launched it in Amsterdam in 1605.

If you are of the Dutch Reformed church, you recognize Michaelis Jones as founder, because he originated your religion in New York in 1628.

If you worship with the Salvation Army, your sect began with William Booth in London in 1865.

If you are a Christian Scientist, you look to 1879 as the year in which your religion was born and to Mrs. Mary Baker Eddy as its founder.

If you belong to one of the religious organizations known as 'Church of the Nazarene," "Pentecostal Gospel." "Holiness Church," "Pilgrim Holiness Church," "Jehovah's Witnesses," your religion is one of the hundreds of new sects founded by men within the past century.

If you are Catholic, you know that your religion was founded in the year 33 by Jesus Christ the Son of God, and it is still the same Church.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by bezimo(m): 5:02pm On Mar 25, 2016
engrchykae:
I respect Islam because its the only religion that questions western imperialists.
Left for we christians,we have been conquered since the days of the fraudulent missionaries who came as spies for the british clown sorry i mean crown

Oh they(Islamic folks) question western imperialists through terrorism, killings, bombing raping, oppression of women.

There are other religions in this world but none is very violent as islam because they worship a blood sucking demon called allah who lives in the Arabian desert.

Thats why Islam is becoming the most hated religion worldwide.You saw what was done in brussels earlier this week that claimed 35 innocent souls. You better pray Trump doest win the US elections.If not muslims would know hw fr.

Your mind need heavy deliverance to see properly.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by linusbnn(m): 5:09pm On Mar 25, 2016
chuose:

[/size]

Exodus 20 (KJV)

[size=13]

[/size]

How many pple have you told about jesus,or is it a priestly thing alone?
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by linusbnn(m): 5:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
bezimo:
Catholics and their brand of Christianity. Na wa oh!!!
Is it not Idolatry of bowing to something or somebody except God.

I though Jesus Christ mandated that they should be preached to. (Hindus, muslims etc)What is the pope doing.

Even going ahead to declare them all children of the same God over Christians. Is the Pope misguided or its me that dont understand.

Bros face your bizness
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by goodlifehyd(m): 5:22pm On Mar 25, 2016
If you cant prove your bible wrong then stfu and stay outta my mention #shalom
olarhtunji:

See diz one...your brain have decomposed finish....teaching us how to worship God.....iranu of d highest order
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by engrchykae(m): 5:42pm On Mar 25, 2016
bezimo:

Oh they(Islamic folks) question western imperialists through terrorism, killings, bombing raping, oppression of women.

There are other religions in this world but none is very violent as islam because they worship a blood sucking demon called allah who lives in the Arabian desert.

Thats why Islam is becoming the most hated religion worldwide.You saw what was done in brussels earlier this week that claimed 35 innocent souls. You better pray Trump doest win the US elections.If not muslims would know hw fr.

Your mind need heavy deliverance to see properly.
my dear you are the one who need to open your eyes.i aspire to be chronic pan africanist and student of knowledge.
I want you to know that Christians are guilty of terrorist acts than what islam is currently doing.
I will explain,during the dark ages, it was recorded that more than 50 million souls were killed by the church in the name of killing heretics especially the notorious spanish inquisition,remember this number is the combined total of the people killed in the two world wars.
Then christian Europe entered the middle east in the name of crusades and restoring Jerusalem to the jews but on entering the holyland the christians killed both Jews and Arabs,still wondering y christians lost Egypt,Damascus in Syria,ephessus in turkey,carthage in Tunisia etc?its because the early xtians were sadistic torturers.
They baptized Jews by force and killed those who refused to be baptized in the name of three Gods,and i ask is baptism by force?
Europe is evil and evil is Europe.
The world is threatened with annihilation by the pressing of a button,the work of christian Europe am talking about nuclear bombs.
Then criminal europe came into Africa as missionaries knowing that we love God and before we could say jack lo and behold we became slaves and subjects in our own land.
Islam will soon kill Europe as they are dwindling in population every decade.they are dying at an irreplaceable rate.
Good riddance to the white curse(leprosy).
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by donzi(m): 5:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
Zoharariel:
This is nothing but another heightened show of hypocrisy.

Jesus didn't instruct you to wash the feets of Muslims. He commanded you to go sell everything you have, including your 48karat golden throne - and give to the poor.

1 minute the Pope is drinking beer; next minute he is washing the feets of Muslim grin

trust me today is good Friday I don't want to start by asking you insultive questions except one.,"Are you stupid ?"

to drink beer was never a bad thing, and how many of your properties have you sold to help the poor.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by engrchykae(m): 5:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
Powerful pope innocent iii promised the crusaders indulgence should they return alive and heaven if they die in the holyland.
If u ask me this is to motivate the warmongers.
While Muhammad promised his guys a whopping 72 virgins.
So it happened that the guys looking for virgins were more motivated than the ones looking for sin waver from his holiness.
But i have a bad news for the crusaders,General Saladin was there waiting for them.
They dealt with europe until they were stopped at southern France by Charles martel at the battle of Tours.
So my submission is that Christians and moslems are both mischievous.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Mezux(m): 6:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
Stupidity at its peak
Wetin d nigga dey try form, Jesus Christ abi? Anu mpam
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by djraymy(m): 6:27pm On Mar 25, 2016
chuose:

[/size]

Exodus 20 (KJV)

[size=13]

[/size]

with your daft brain, you know more than the pope?
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by aminusanti(m): 7:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
chuose:

[/size]

Exodus 20 (KJV)

[size=13]

[/size]

Whats d differences btw dis and man worship u are doing??
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by wadetaw202: 7:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
Melkizedek:

I read your posts and I read the posts you replied and I must say YOU do not practice what you preach.your post has more vile, bile and insults than the post you quoted..all I have been seeing on your replies are 'stupid, fuulish, empty head' and so forth.if I happened to be an unbeliever, I know whose words to listen to..definitely not the one filled with anger and venom..oya rain the insults on me too. I care less.

Yeah, you deserve even a cvrse. You people claim to be close to God; you all claim to be pentecostals, but you even lack knowledge about what Pentecostal really means. You all condemn the catholic church, but your comments show that you all lack basic knowledge about Christianity. It is clear all you know is what your pastors tell you or what you hear from others on the street and not what you got by personally studying the Bible. It is disgusting to see stvpidity in individuals who claim to be better than others. Yeah,you pentecostals are empty headed... You really are. Many of you are just ordinary plastic chair warmers and nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by wadetaw202: 7:12pm On Mar 25, 2016
aminusanti:

Whats d differences btw dis and man worship u are doing??
Re: Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics by Mosb(m): 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
Alikote:
sent abroad undecidedthat is targeted to groom black niggas to oversee the black congregation the religious magas of Europe are declining some churches are been close for lack of attendees..the only new maga ground is Africa.....travel round the world to open ur mind
why travel round the world whenn there is something called internet well we all are entitled to our various opinions...... Eat your elephant ill eat my snail. #PEACE #NoOffense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cheryl Zondi In Sex Tape Scandal After Accusing Pastor Timothy Omotoso Of Rape / D.K. Olukoya's 2018 Prophecies And The Way Out / ISIS Trainer Turns To The Bible, 'sick Of The Killing'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.