Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:41 AM

Quality Inverter For Sale - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Quality Inverter For Sale (3509 Views)

3048e OUTBACK Inverter For Sale. XANTREX/Schneider Inverter also available / Inverter For Room And Parlour Or Small Office 1.2kva - 100AH =N=63K / Home Inverters :how To Select The Right Inverter For Your House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quality Inverter For Sale by lightofjoy(m): 6:46pm On Jul 24, 2009
You can book for your cheap inverter with qualify professionals to service you, price as follow:
1KVA Inverter #50K with battery,
1.5KVA Inverter #65K with battery
2KVA Inverter #80K with battery
3.5KVA Inverter #120K with battery
5KVA Inverter #185K with battery.
If you are interested, you can call me for negotiation and immediate delivery. Payment plan
80% down payment and completion on delivery. Guarantee of 6 months.

Engr. Emmanuel.
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by Afam(m): 8:15pm On Jul 26, 2009
lightofjoy:

You can book for your cheap inverter with qualify professionals to service you, price as follow:
If you are interested, you can call me for negotiation and immediate delivery. Payment plan

Engr. Emmanuel.

A good deep cycle battery (12V 200Ah) hovers around N50,000.00 and above so what is the cost and/or configuration of the battery included in these prices?

1KVA Inverter #50K with battery, - (1 battery)
1.5KVA Inverter #65K with battery - (1 or 2 batteries)
2KVA Inverter #80K with battery - (2 batteries)
3.5KVA Inverter #120K with battery - (4 batteries)
5KVA Inverter #185K with battery. - (4 batteries)
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by lightofjoy(m): 3:12pm On Jul 27, 2009
The price are without battery. So you can buy your own now.
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by routsz: 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2009
lightofjoy:

You can book for your cheap inverter with qualify professionals to service you

what brand of inverters?
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by lightofjoy(m): 8:47am On Aug 03, 2009
The Inverters I will Install for you are all Imported Inverters that will come with one year guarantee because the locally made Inverters are good but will spoil you battery in some month.
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by Afam(m): 8:55am On Aug 03, 2009
lightofjoy:

The Inverters I will Install for you are all Imported Inverters that will come with one year guarantee because the locally made Inverters are good but will spoil you battery in some month.

I will suggest you make comments based on facts and not what you think. Such generalization is wrong.
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by lightofjoy(m): 9:42am On Aug 03, 2009
Okay, whats your opinion about the Nigerian made Inverters because am sure of what I said the other time.
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by Afam(m): 9:48am On Aug 03, 2009
lightofjoy:

Okay, whats your opinion about the Nigerian made Inverters because am sure of what I said the other time.

If you have time see http://justalternativepower.com/articles.php

http://justalternativepower.com/article_detail.php?id=9 - Inverter backup systems - Nightmares or success stories?

http://justalternativepower.com/article_detail.php?id=5 - Why a lot of inverter backup systems fail
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by lightofjoy(m): 9:58am On Aug 03, 2009
You never answer my question, I was talking about the durability of Imported Inverters to the New ones.
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by Afam(m): 10:05am On Aug 03, 2009
lightofjoy:

You never answer my question, I was talking about the durability of Imported Inverters to the New ones.

If I get 500 people asking the same question I will not have the time to respond to all of them. Obviously, you did not read through what I have posted otherwise you would have learnt more rather than the question and answer session you want to start here.

I am a consultant so if you do not want to go through content that has been made available for free on the website but prefer a one on one session I charge N20,000.00 per hour for individuals so let me know if that is what you want.
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by lightofjoy(m): 10:42am On Aug 03, 2009
Am actually talking form experience because am a consultant on this field, so am talking from what I know and not on thinking. I will also advise you to do some research too.
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by Afam(m): 11:31am On Aug 03, 2009
lightofjoy:

Am actually talking form experience because am a consultant on this field, so am talking from what I know and not on thinking. I will also advise you to do some research too.

Thanks.

Now, for a consultant that posts the following

lightofjoy:

Engr. Emmanuel.

Only to come back to tell another story

lightofjoy:

The price are without battery. So you can buy your own now.

After someone else pointed out the misinformation and very wrong information

Afam:

A good deep cycle battery (12V 200Ah) hovers around N50,000.00 and above so what is the cost and/or configuration of the battery included in these prices?

1KVA Inverter #50K with battery, - (1 battery)
1.5KVA Inverter #65K with battery - (1 or 2 batteries)
2KVA Inverter #80K with battery - (2 batteries)
3.5KVA Inverter #120K with battery - (4 batteries)
5KVA Inverter #185K with battery. - (4 batteries)

So, as I stated in the private chat you initiated I will not spend my time educating you on what you don't know.

Make no mistake about it, I simply responded to this thread (as I do on other inverter related threads) to point out the wrong information people like you are spreading that usually lead to failed projects here and there based on little or no knowledge about inverter backup applications.
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by lightofjoy(m): 11:45am On Aug 03, 2009
Hello Afam, you are left to your opinion but what I want to tell you in the mediocrity of your so called knowledge is that "he that think he knows more than others is a pretty fool". I have discover that you feels that you know everything in this business but have discover that you know just little/nothing. Am sure of the price I quoted and so sure the guaranteed service that my company give. If you want to know more you can consult me because I don't only know this business, I also know the science behind Inverter system. So am not bother about your so called fault finding habit which is a result of you feeling that you are inferior to others. So I advice you go learn more, Mr consultant.
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by Afam(m): 12:24pm On Aug 03, 2009
lightofjoy:

Hello Afam, you are left to your opinion but what I want to tell you in the mediocrity of your so called knowledge is that "he that think he knows more than others is a pretty fool". I have discover that you feels that you know everything in this business but have discover that you know just little/nothing. Am sure of the price I quoted and so sure the guaranteed service that my company give. If you want to know more you can consult me because I don't only know this business, I also know the science behind Inverter system. So am not bother about your so called fault finding habit which is a result of you feeling that you are inferior to others. So I advice you go learn more, Mr consultant.

I don't think I know more than others but I am pretty sure I know more than you on the inverter issue based on the wrong information you tried to sell but did a u-turn when I corrected you and based on the information you asked me to provide for you when you contacted me in private via chat which I told you was available on the website.

I don't owe you or anyone any apologies for what I know. I am basically more interested in educating the potential clients and customers about inverter based backup systems so as to help clean up the system and rid the industry of cow boys like you that will claim to provide a 5KVA inverter with battery at N185,000.00.

This is pure fraud and you know it. What happens when someone pays you N185,000.00 for a 5KVA inverter and the accompanying battery (according to you)?

For your information we cannot even handle the number of requests for inverters that we build locally even when they are usually more expensive than most imported inverters of similar capacities. For example, our 5KVA 48VDC inverter goes for N220,000.00 (manual) while the automatic version goes for N260,000.00 without the batteries and people who may have been burnt by service providers and people that are constantly being referred by their friends and colleagues are buying them.

So, I don't for any reason play the competition game. I am only interested in making it difficult for bad services providers who will advertise 5KVA inverter with battery for N185,000.00 when a 5KVA inverter would require at the minimum 4 nos batteries and based on typical configurations of 12V 200AH deep cycle batteries at over N50,000.00 each the cost of batteries alone is over N200,000.00.

Take your game elsewhere my friend. Make statements based on facts and not copying and pasting content from websites.

2 Likes

Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by lightofjoy(m): 12:35pm On Aug 03, 2009
Afam, You see your self, am sure you never make mistake despite have posted that I don't mean it with battery because a good deep cycle battery cost around 50K but let me tell you categorically that your locally built Inverters are from my experience not good on a long term for the deep cycle battery, this which you know but will not say the truth. Locally made Inverters are durable to be sincere but you guys have not been able to get the charging control which on a long run spoil the battery. I don't need to drag issue with you. Just be sincere.
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by Afam(m): 12:48pm On Aug 03, 2009
lightofjoy:

Afam, You see your self, am sure you never make mistake despite have posted that I don't mean it with battery because a good deep cycle battery cost around 50K but let me tell you categorically that your locally built Inverters are from my experience not good on a long term for the deep cycle battery, this which you know but will not say the truth. Locally made Inverters are durable to be sincere but you guys have not been able to get the charging control which on a long run spoil the battery. I don't need to drag issue with you. Just be sincere.

I have never used a generator in my office for over 5 years now and I use our locally built inverter.

On the charging algorithm it is pretty obvious you are generalizing.

As usual, I will not do the hard work for you. Read the following piece that was written in December 2007 -
http://justalternativepower.com/article_detail.php?id=6 - Inverter backup - Battery charger, the weakest link

Ironically, over 90% of imported inverters come with very poor charging algorithms as they are cheaper to build especially when they are mass produced based on some design assumptions made in their labs and production facilities.

Now, for the records I am done with you on this thread as it is obvious you are pushing for more enlightenment on the same things you previously asked me to educate you on in your chat session.

Bye bye as far as this thread is concerned.

Thanks for agreeing you made a mistake that I pointed out, the only thing is that you have made more and have refused to acknowledge them.

As long as prospective buyers are presented with factual information I am 100% satisfied.
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by lightofjoy(m): 1:06pm On Aug 03, 2009
I can see that you are confused. Bye
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by routsz: 7:24am On Aug 04, 2009
Afam can I have your email pls. Me thinks that other nairalanders on this thread are greater beneficiaries of these xchanges than my two dug-in gladiators.

Lightofjoy, maybe u should thro more (joyous) light and post further info on your apparently less xpensive inverter systems.

Thanx both.
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by Afam(m): 8:06am On Aug 04, 2009
routsz:

Afam can I have your email pls.

afam@justalternativepower.com
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by lightofjoy(m): 8:35am On Aug 04, 2009
Hello everybody,
Power Inverters remain the most preferred alternative to PHCN since they(PHCN) have failed. The Inverters am introducing to the house are all Imported Inverters which have dealers here in Nigeria and they inevitably come with one year warranty. Honestly they have prove to be more efficient on a long run in comparison to Nigeria made ones. Am not saying Nigeria made Inverters are not good, as a matter of fact they are nice and durable but the problem client encounter with this type of Inverters is that with time its damage the accompanying deep cycle battery too often than the imported ones. As a matter f fact we offer a free after sale service to all our client. If you need our service you can contact me.
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by Afam(m): 9:27am On Aug 04, 2009
lightofjoy:

Hello everybody,
Power Inverters remain the most preferred alternative to PHCN since they(PHCN) have failed. The Inverters am introducing to the house are all Imported Inverters which have dealers here in Nigeria and they inevitably come with one year warranty. Honestly they have prove to be more efficient on a long run in comparison to Nigeria made ones. Am not saying Nigeria made Inverters are not good, as a matter of fact they are nice and durable but the problem client encounter with this type of Inverters is that with time its damage the accompanying deep cycle battery too often than the imported ones. As a matter f fact we offer a free after sale service to all our client. If you need our service you can contact me.

I am making this post to correct some of the lies this guy is spreading maybe out of ignorance.

1. One year warranty on imported inverters don't mean much because most of them are microprocessor based and the bulk of the components are highly integrated at the card level with many of the control algorithms implemented in software. Now, that is all nice and cool until something goes wrong and you just realize that the dealers cannot service or repair the units and even with the 1 year warranty you may have to take the unit to the manufacturer who may be in India, USA or China. Trust me someone would pay for the transportation including applicable charges and duties and that someone is usually the end user. In some cases the cost of the transportation and charges (assuming the warranty is really enforceable) is over 60 - 70% of the cost of the inverter.

Compare this to locally built inverter where the discrete components are built using the old but very reliable way. A problem of say N4,000.00 worth of component can be sorted out without problems. But with an imported inverter with integrated components a problem of say N4,000.00 worth of component may require an entire replacement of the card itself because the know how and tools required to tamper with the integrated components on the card may be lacking. This is the reality.

Power Inverters - It is all about enforceable warranties - http://justalternativepower.com/article_detail.php?id=7

2. On chargers I believe I have written extensively on that.

However, let me state that in the past 2 - 3 years I have had discussions with some major inverter manufacturers from many countries and all the inverters (but one from a company) have issues with their charging algorithms and because most of the information about these inverters are usually printed on their catalogs it was easy for me to prove to them why a typical user in Nigeria would require between 18 - 26 hrs to recharge a typical battery bank. This is why a lot of batteries die in service.

Contrary to what this poster is feeding you guys these batteries die because they were consistently being under charged since we really do not have up to say 20 hrs everyday to charge our batteries.

On the flip side you can also kill these batteries by over charging them. This usually happens when there are no charge controllers built into the charging mechanism so there is nothing to tell the charger to stop charging when the battery is fully charged.

Put differently, you can kill a battery by either under charging it or over charging it only that over charging kills the battery faster.

All our battery chargers come with control mechanisms to control the charging process. We deal with battery dealers who for over 3 - 4 years now have never had issues with a damaged battery due to charging problems and the result is that on rare occasions where a battery is deemed faulty even after deployment the battery is replaced immediately, something that is almost impossible to see in the market where even at the international level there is usually no warranties on batteries.

Inverter backup - Battery charger, the weakest link - http://justalternativepower.com/article_detail.php?id=6

You may also want to read the following article to learn more about these inverter based solutions

Inverter backup systems - Nightmares or success stories? - http://justalternativepower.com/article_detail.php?id=9

In conclusion, I believe that in the near future many Nigerians will make up their minds on backup solutions that make sense based on relevant and factual information because in reality it is not in all cases an inverter backup makes sense.

Sorry for the long post but from experience I know that the more the potential clients know about these things the better the buying decision process will be as they will be equipped with the right knowledge and of course they will ask the right questions to ensure they are not being shortchanged.

Unfortunately, in spite of trying to push relevant information out to Nigerians we still have many failed inverter projects out there thanks to service providers who do not have relevant knowledge about this or service providers who will gladly promise anything just to have the money paid for an inverter backup system whether the system will work or not.

It is all about maintaining a very high level of professional integrity in business.
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by lightofjoy(m): 10:12am On Aug 04, 2009
I am making this post to correct some of the lies this guy is spreading maybe out of ignorance.

1. One year warranty on imported inverters don't mean much because most of them are microprocessor based and the bulk of the components are highly integrated at the card level with many of the control algorithms implemented in software. Now, that is all nice and cool until something goes wrong and you just realize that the dealers cannot service or repair the units and even with the 1 year warranty you may have to take the unit to the manufacturer who may be in India, USA or China. Trust me someone would pay for the transportation including applicable charges and duties and that someone is usually the end user. In some cases the cost of the transportation and charges (assuming the warranty is really enforceable) is over 60 - 70% of the cost of the inverter.

I deem it fit to make available to Nigerian good and reliable Inverter service.
This guy is talking based on the little/no knowledge he has about this brand of Inverters am talking about but looking for ways of making people patronize his product.

Firstly, to be candid, an imported Inverter has not reason to be shipped back to the country of manufacture because we have qualified trained engineer to rectify fault and make parts available to a client. when needed Afam is just posting and bragging based on the little knowledge he has on it, he is just trying to convince the innocent client to buy his products.He himself admit that the locally made Inverters has issues with charging algorithms. Please be careful with all these sugar coated mouth people.

If we are talking about warranty, it covers everything. There is no need to consult the manufacturer because we have qualify trained engineer here to attend to any problem. Nobody is shipping anything and no extra charge as long as its within the guaranteed period. Please think carefully before you make any move.
All am doing is to make people see the difference in this. Majority of the banks ATM are powered by this model of Power Inverters am talking about. Apart from that am a consultant, I also render advisory services to firm on power issues, so am sure of what am saying, no guess work as some people do.
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by Afam(m): 11:51am On Aug 04, 2009
lightofjoy:

I deem it fit to make available to Nigerian good and reliable Inverter service.
This guy is talking based on the little/no knowledge he has about this brand of Inverters am talking about but looking for ways of making people patronize his product.

I admit, I have little or no knowledge about the brand of inverter you are talking about so the ball is in your court, what is the brand?

State the name or brand of the inverter and other people will verify on their own. You have this brand and what people need to do to access the brand is call you on a GSM line without any office address or any contact information other than a username on a public forum and a yahoo userID (from the yahoo chat you initiated yesterday).

lightofjoy:

Firstly, to be candid, an imported Inverter has not reason to be shipped back to the country of manufacture because we have qualified trained engineer to rectify fault and make parts available to a client. when needed Afam is just posting and bragging based on the little knowledge he has on it, he is just trying to convince the innocent client to buy his products.He himself admit that the locally made Inverters has issues with charging algorithms. Please be careful with all these sugar coated mouth people.

If we are talking about warranty, it covers everything. There is no need to consult the manufacturer because we have qualify trained engineer here to attend to any problem. Nobody is shipping anything and no extra charge as long as its within the guaranteed period. Please think carefully before you make any move.

The content in bold refers, if the poster has any form of decency he would have stated that the issue of charging problem has nothing to do with whether the inverter is locally built or imported but has everything to do with cost of implementing a control mechanism, insufficient charging amps based on knowledge and experience and the understanding of the prevalent operating conditions of typical inverter systems.

The comment on warranty is at best laughable as even container loads of inverters usually come with say very small number of replacement parts. Anyone can contact some of these inverter manufacturers on the web and inquire about distributorship or dealership so this is pretty easy to understand for anyone wanting to get the facts.

lightofjoy:

All am doing is to make people see the difference in this. Majority of the banks ATM are powered by this model of Power Inverters am talking about. Apart from that am a consultant, I also render advisory services to firm on power issues, so am sure of what am saying, no guess work as some people do.

I have rejected contracts from top banks in this country to revamp the same inverters you brag about and these contracts run into a couple of hundreds of millions of naira based on principle and professionalism so don't even dare to talk nonsense.

Obviously, you know nothing about problems some of the banks are having with their inverter backup systems ranging from inverters to the batteries used.

Now, Mr Consultant, what is your name? How can one contact you if he needs to purchase your inverter? What is the brand of this inverter?

You call yourself a consultant and yet you offer a 5KVA inverter with a battery for N185,000.00 only to come back to talk nonsense when I pointed it out that you were 100% wrong.

In any case, my responses are not meant to condemn imported inverters as I have seen very few of them that have come with good charging algorithms and I am proud to be part of the people that talked the dealers into insisting on the manufacturers to change the design.

I cannot even handle the number of orders for inverters so how on earth will I be interested in marketing or selling my inverters using a forum on a thread started by someone that has shown he is not only inconsistent but also knows very little about what he is talking about. As at today I have opened up the company website to allow other manufacturers, distributors and dealers showcase their products so that customers I may not have the time to handle would have other options. Is this what someone who is desperate to compete will do?

All in all, the readers here will have access to more information which is very good.

I sincerely hope that all cowboys in the alternative energy business will be more open so that sophisticated customers will expose them by asking them relevant questions.
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by lightofjoy(m): 12:48pm On Aug 04, 2009
I admit, I have little or no knowledge about the brand of inverter you are talking about so the ball is in your court, what is the brand?

State the name or brand of the inverter and other people will verify on their own. You have this brand and what people need to do to access the brand is call you on a GSM line without any office address or any contact information other than a username on a public forum and a y[b]ahoo userID (from the yahoo chat you initiated yesterday)[/b].

Am surprise that Afam out of possibly a way to run down my product is asking for the brand. To show how confuse he is, you are asking for my contact and that of my company. Its available in this forum but will not dislodge my address based on my friend (Afam's) destructive argument.

I will want to make it clear here that am not advertising here but just trying to make some professional point clear here to everyone that is reading. For more details about this product you can call me on 08037400229, 08095106287, 07029798872.

And as per the bold, I don't know its an offense to initiate a chat with fellow nairalander, I stand to be corrected.

The content in bold refers,if the poster has any form of decency he would have stated that the issue of charging problem has nothing to do with whether the inverter is locally built or imported[/b] but has everything to do with cost of implementing a control mechanism, insufficient charging amps based on knowledge and experience and the understanding of the prevalent operating conditions of typical inverter systems.

Even a lay man will not be equating charging problem with location. All am emphasizing here is technology being implemented. The problem is with the charging technology of the locally made inverters though we are making suggestions to the some of these manufacturers and they are working on it.But to be precise, as at now the charging problem is still prevalent in the market, so please beware of the locally made inverters don't let Afam convince you to do what will cost your another battery expense in some month time.

I have rejected contracts from top banks in this country to revamp the same inverters you brag about and these contracts run into a couple of hundreds of millions of naira based on principle and professionalism so don't even dare to talk nonsense.

Obviously, you know nothing about problems some of the banks are having with their inverter backup systems ranging from inverters to the batteries used.

Am sure you are supplying your so called bank with fake inverters that you are trying to convince the innocent reader to patronize you for though if its true that you are really into business with them.

As for the bold, we are trying to clean the market with the Afam's type of Inverters that is spoiling the market for us. And am sure we will succeed because we are already succeeding in that.

Now, Mr Consultant, what is your name? How can one contact you if he needs to purchase your inverter? What is the brand of this inverter?

Can you see yourself that you definitely know the truth but hiding it. But to answer you in a knot shell,, our own brand of Inverters are durable, lasting and comes with battery protection (Overcharging). Contact me for more detail. We are power consulting company, though am not here for advert but just here to enlighten the public about  our products and to tell them to be ware of people like Afam.

You call yourself a consultant and yet you offer a 5KVA inverter with a battery for N185,000.00 only to come back to talk nonsense when I pointed it out that you were 100% wrong.

My friend, nobody is above mistake. and A wise man know when to say sorry when the need be but a proud fool  go toward destruction. Am so surprise at you, because you don't have  to be aggressive at m,e because I have a contrary view to yours. You definitely understood my point, so if you see reason there why don't you come out of your pride and follow the right way than you boosting in the emptiness of your so called knowledge that in reality is foolishness.

In any case, my responses are not meant to condemn imported inverters as I have seen very few of them that have come with good charging algorithms and I am proud to be part of the people that talked the dealers into insisting on the manufacturers to change the design.

Can you see what am saying. When you know the truth why are you confusing people then. If you truely know what you are doing you cant be defending what is not. I will advise you to go back and learn more because I can see that you are ignorant of too many things.
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by Afam(m): 1:13pm On Aug 04, 2009
Thanks for your responses thus far. It is obvious you are the one benefiting from the exchanges because the same things you shamelessly asked me to educate you about yesterday are the same things you are learning.

With all due respect I must state that from the very first post you made on this thread it was clear you were a fraud because what you call a mistake is definitely not a mistake by any means.

Take a good look at every single line in your first post and tell me why you should not be seen as a complete fraud looking for someone to scam. Every single inverter capacity you put down had a price tag with battery. Is this the mistake? If yes, then it is also safe to assume that you can sell someone rubbish and when the solution packs up you tell the person it's another mistake. Shame on you.

lightofjoy:

Engr. Emmanuel.

For your information, I do not have a single inverter that was built that is unusable and that's a record I intend to keep for a long time to come, hence the reason for my rejecting majority of partnerships from some inverter manufacturers with one having an installed production capacity of 10,000 inverters per day from 3 production facilities in India, China and USA.

So, continue swimming in the ocean of ignorance, thank God you have provided enough information to expose your ignorance on the issue you just dabbled into.

Why don't you repeat on this forum what you requested me to do for you as regards educating you on inverters yesterday? Repeat it here and lets see if you have no shame.
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by Arabambi1: 9:54am On Aug 05, 2009
I was hasty in posting a question yesterday without checking if same had been discussed before. When I logged in today and saw this, I read through to see if my question can be answered but all that I got here is just marketing/advertisement startegies.
I have gone through some of the links provided by Afam and discovered that he is really in the biz and know something about it even going by his posting on the thread.
Lightofjoy, my question is do you similar links where you or company have written something to educate the public?
Belive me, it will take me a while to make decision based on you two because here in Naija, we can do anything for money including running competitiors down. To me, Afam seems versed on this but we cant based the reliability of his products on that.
So to Afam & Lightofjoy, can u give a clear & simple to understand details on inverter based on this link to JJC like me who is contemplating going for inverters instead of generator.
and can we use gen to charge the battery?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-305462.0.html
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by Afam(m): 11:20am On Aug 05, 2009
Arabambi1:

I was hasty in posting a question yesterday without checking if same had been discussed before. When I logged in today and saw this, I read through to see if my question can be answered but all that I got here is just marketing/advertisement startegies.

I object to the content in bold because I have only made comments here to correct wrong statements that even the poster admitted were mistakes even though I know from experience that most of those things he called mistakes were not mistakes. If however, you call my pointing to articles on the website that have deliberated on some of the issues raised here as advertisement or marketing strategies then it is rather unfortunate.

My signature has my personal website instead of the alternative energy website and yet I am advertising the inverter?

I cannot see someone providing misleading information about my product without defending the product because generalization of the any problem is wrong. Information I made available are based on facts, facts that you can verify from any knowledgeable person in energy business or power related business.

I have written well circulated articles bothering on the president's position on alternative energy being wrong and issues concerning energy efficiency and how we cannot solve our energy problems without a strong energy efficiency program by the government so I have gone beyond inverters as they are just a small part of the solution to our energy problem as a lot of people are beginning to realize now.

I cannot even provide inverters for say 5% of businesses on the street where my office is located assuming they come with cash today due to our manufacturing process so why would I not welcome or even encourage others to provide reliable services to Nigerians.

There are a lot of failed projects out there and these have made the adoption of backup solutions slow or even declining and it is not right because if things are done properly a great number of people would have been using inverters today. I have heard of quite a number of cases from people who nearly had their homes set on fire just because they got inverter backup systems.

Inverter systems require sound knowledge about the following

Inverter topology and technology
Battery type, life span and charging profiles
Charging algorithms
Type of transistors used, their characteristics that may perform differently under different conditions eg longer backup times down here vs shorter backup times in most of the foreign nations that produce them
Ease of use, maintenance and repairs or replacement parts

Generally speaking battery chargers with reasonable charging currents are more expensive to produce hence the reason for a lot of mass produced inverters coming with poor charging currents (maybe it is because they have basically steady power supplies there so even if it takes over 24 hrs to recharge a battery bank its no big deal but down here it becomes a major problem).

Also, control mechanisms and safety features lead to extra components and extra components cost money leading to more expensive inverters. And in the market, cost is always an issue so a lot of compromises are made so you get the see units sacrificing one thing over the other.

So, I am not here to advertise anything but I will be very happy if you arm yourself with all the information you need so that you can ask your provider the right questions before paying for anything.

Arabambi1:

and can we use gen to charge the battery?

You can use a generator to charge the battery. You can even use solar panels or a small wind turbine to charge your battery. Anything that generates current that is at a higher potential than your battery voltage will charge the battery.

However, you must have charge controllers to prevent damage to your battery whether through over charging or excessive discharge when drawing power from the battery bank.

1 Like

Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by freeborn20004: 2:15pm On Dec 01, 2013
what you said about locally made inverter is very wrong because all inverter are made by deferent individual or company and with deferent technical known how so if you have herd about a locally made inverter that do not last or kill battery in 6 month time that do not mean that every other locally made inverter will do same thing because every body ability are not the same there are many good Nigerian that can design a good and quality inverter I am one of them you hardly see any imported inverter that can beat my design and I always design base on specification so all fingers are not equal
Re: Quality Inverter For Sale by kefasms(m): 11:43pm On Oct 02, 2015
Hi! guys, i have been following your dicussion all through, i think you both have good points but i will start with that of Afam. You did mentioned that Nigerian-made inverters are durable but still have some issues with the battery management systems, i may agree with you but you see the durability of inverter syster unit is a big plus for the locally made inverters and for a smart Nigerian you dont neccessarily have to charge your battery bank through the inbiult charger, since you can alway find good solar charge controllers that now have AC input. For the imported inverters i know the build and finish will be more attractive to customers but the micro nature of the cpu will cause a big maintainance problem they can say it's pure sine wave, pure copper solenoid but how can you tell, with my Nigerian folks it can always be negotiated. The pices you gave for the various inverter capacitie with battery are not possible. And instead of always talking about Lead deep cycle batteries someone should start talking about LiFePO4 batteries. thanks

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Honda Generators In Nigeria.honda Dealer.check Here / Nokia N9 For Sale! / 4G Unlocked Mifi Shanghai Boost Even M028T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.