Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,522 members, 7,836,994 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

True Justice: Fatgbems Oil Workers Found Dead - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / True Justice: Fatgbems Oil Workers Found Dead (792 Views)

Capital Oil Workers Fear Job Losses / Recession: Oil Workers Go Spiritual As Massive Sack Hits 350000 / Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

True Justice: Fatgbems Oil Workers Found Dead by hinwazaka: 5:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
Two men identified as Adekunle Ipaye and another nicknamed ‘United’ got trapped and died in a confined underground fuel tank in Lagos.According to investigation conducted by LASEMA’s Emergency Response Team at the incident scene, the two victims died as a result ofsuffocation and gas emission in the early hours of Friday while carrying out cleaning and renovation of an underground tank of Fatgbems Petrol Station at Oando bus-stop, Berger
I remember in 2009, i went to purchase fuel at one of their stations, during a period of fuel scarcity. I was subjected to ethnic discrimination and tribalism. Even though i speak fluent yoruba, i was skipped over to another customer, simply because one of their attendants, who lives in my former neighborhood, recognized me as a indigene of the SE. I watched in horror as, the attendants sold to only people of SW heritage, while insulting us in their yoruba adages and vulgar language. I hope the two unfortunate phools who passed on today, were part of the bigots who were present on that unfortunate day
Re: True Justice: Fatgbems Oil Workers Found Dead by otipoju(m): 10:06pm On Mar 25, 2016
In dispensing justice, the concept of "dessert " is paramount. Simply put it means the punishment for an offence must be worth the crime committed.

In this case you are saying that some poeople deserve to die because they were tribalistic towards you and did not sell fuel to you on time.

On sunday now, you will go to church and claim that you are a christian...may God forgive you.

2 Likes

Re: True Justice: Fatgbems Oil Workers Found Dead by obajoey(m): 5:36am On Mar 26, 2016
You guys can complain for Africa sha. Something must have happened between you and your neighbour before that incident happened.

But the last time i checked, the yorubas are more accommodating than you guys that are making noise up and down.

hinwazaka:

I remember in 2009, i went to purchase fuel at one of their stations, during a period of fuel scarcity. I was subjected to ethnic discrimination and tribalism. Even though i speak fluent yoruba, i was skipped over to another customer, simply because one of their attendants, who lives in my former neighborhood, recognized me as a indigene of the SE. I watched in horror as, the attendants sold to only people of SW heritage, while insulting us in their yoruba adages and vulgar language. I hope the two unfortunate phools who passed on today, were part of the bigots who were present on that unfortunate day

(1) (Reply)

The Ladder Of Success / Vacancy For IT/SIWES/INTERNSHIP / Top Three Careers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.