Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

US,Russia Set August Deadline For Syrian Draft Constitution - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US,Russia Set August Deadline For Syrian Draft Constitution (597 Views)

Age Of Fatoumatta Tambajang, Gambian Vice President Is Against The Constitution / Jammeh Tenure Extension : What I Found Inside The Gambian Constitution / Russia Set To Privatise Oil Companies And Banks As Crude Product Prices Fall. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US,Russia Set August Deadline For Syrian Draft Constitution by ValerianSteel(m): 5:58pm On Mar 25, 2016
Where are those who said Russia would only keep propping up Assad and would not agree to a round table discussion with the US?

If Russia withdrawing from Syria is not enough disappointment to your war simulations,I hope this is.Russia has committed itself fully to diplomacy to resolve the Syrian crisis.Like I've rightly stated,Due to the rise of the so-called islamic state,it is pertinent to both Russia and the United States to keep Assad in power for a while longer,a year,two or even three.

Assad is the pun being used to restabilize Syria till he is eventually gotten rid of through legal,democratic and peaceful transition by Syrians.

The earlier you understand this the better,Russia can only do little to keep Assad in power against the wishes of Syrians and the world who decry his tyranny.A new Syria will emerge without an Assad as it's imperial rulerundecided

US Secretary of State John Kerry says he has reached an outline agreement with Russian President Vladimir Putin to push for a political settlement to the Syrian conflict. In a press conference alongside his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov in Moscow, he stated that the two countries had agreed to establish "a framework for a political transition", along with a new draft constitution by August.

Kerry added that Washington and Moscow would push the Syrian regime and opposition in the next few days to hold direct talks with each other. The warring parties in the Syrian Civil War convened in Geneva on 14 March for a new round of "proximity talks", which involve UN diplomats shuttling back and forth between the rival delegations in separate rooms.

A stumbling block in the negotiations is the fate of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad — the US and its allies insist Syria's civil war cannot end while he remains in power, while Russia and Iran say the Syrian people should be the ones to decide his fate.

"Russia will have to speak itself as to what it is going to choose to do in order to help Mr Assad make the right decisions, but we agreed today that we will accelerate the effort to try to move the political process forward," Kerry said. "I believe Russia is fully engaged in this effort, and all of us are going to try to get President Assad to make the right decision in these next days to engage in a political process that results in a genuine transition and in peace for Syria."

Lavrov did not comment on the political future of Assad, but said Moscow will do its utmost to ensure that the current truce in Syria continues to be upheld. "We are urging all the participants of the Syrian conflict to take additional steps to release the prisoners and the detainees, and I believe the most important thing at this stage — we have agreed to boost our efforts in creating the necessary conditions for political process in Syria," he said. "The political process should come to the agreement of the Syrians themselves."

Analysts say the Geneva peace talks have taken on a new sense of urgency following Russia's surprise decision to withdraw the majority of its forces from Syria earlier this month, ending a six-month military intervention on the side of regime forces.

More than 250,000 people have been killed in Syria since fighting broke out between regime forces and rebels in March 2011.

www.ibtimes.co.uk/syria-conflict-us-russia-set-august-deadline-draft-constitution-1551547
Re: US,Russia Set August Deadline For Syrian Draft Constitution by Tkester1: 7:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Where are those who said Russia would only keep propping up Assad and would not agree to a round table discussion with the US?

If Russia withdrawing from Syria is not enough disappointment to your war simulations,I hope this is.Russia has committed itself fully to diplomacy to resolve the Syrian crisis.Like I've rightly stated,Due to the rise of the so-called islamic state,it is pertinent to both Russia and the United States to keep Assad in power for a while longer,a year,two or even three.

Assad is the pun being used to restabilize Syria till he is eventually gotten rid of through legal,democratic and peaceful transition by Syrians.

The earlier you understand this the better,Russia can only do little to keep Assad in power against the wishes of Syrians and the world who decry his tyranny.A new Syria will emerge without an Assad as it's imperial rulerundecided

www.ibtimes.co.uk/syria-conflict-us-russia-set-august-deadline-draft-constitution-1551547

You must be a mega fool, to even insinuate such baloney. One thing I have noticed with you particularly is that your foolishness knows no bound. Idiot.

Who first started the call for a political settlement, I know in your delusive mind it is Washington, I pity your dead brain. Again, fool? How does political transition in Syria translate to Assad's ouster? Fool, maybe you dont understand and comprehend logical flow, so pathetic.

Just for the ignorant ones so that you don't lead them astray, the most important thing in Syria for Russia is to see that a political transition that includes Assad is negotiated and the last time I checked Assad is still in power and until he leaves, Putin is still calling the shot, except in the feckless minds of Idio.ts such as the OP and his band of Gay partners of vedASScool, and shitty89.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US,Russia Set August Deadline For Syrian Draft Constitution by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 26, 2016
Tkester1:

You must be a mega fool,
No doubt! grin

Re: US,Russia Set August Deadline For Syrian Draft Constitution by NairaMinted: 12:07am On Mar 27, 2016
Smh!
Re: US,Russia Set August Deadline For Syrian Draft Constitution by capip120(m): 7:47am On Mar 27, 2016
Just look at the rubbish coming out of this Washington's manga. No matter what happens the Syrian people will take the counsels of Russia to the US anytime, any day. Even if their is an election today and Assad runs he will still win with vast majority. You think the Syrian people don't know a about the atrocious actions of the US? Importing rebels to kill and maim them with a false motive as fighting terrorism? If not for the intervention of the Russian military Assad would have been ousted by the coalition of evils but thanks to Putin, Assad now calls the shot and the FSA have been decimated and are even surrendering without a shot being fired angry grin grin
And Mr. Man how does drafting a new constitution mean a regime change? You think Syria will accept anything that the US decides to foist on them as constitution? You my friend is on a long thing.
By the way who takes Kerry serious these days?

1 Like

Re: US,Russia Set August Deadline For Syrian Draft Constitution by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 28, 2016
If russia trusts these liars they bear the risk alone.

(1) (Reply)

Four More Ways The CIA Has Meddled In Africa / Photos: US Soldier Returns Home To Surprise His Daughter At Her High School Gra / Terrorist Attack In France, more than 80 Dead Many Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.