Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Which Is Better: A Cold Call Or A Cold Email? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Is Better: A Cold Call Or A Cold Email? (804 Views)

Adyotai Concept Is Back And Better A Must Read For Your Company / The Cold Hard Truth About Making Money Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Better: A Cold Call Or A Cold Email? by HC: 11:56pm On Jul 24, 2009
Hi all!

When you're trying to get attention from prospective clients, which do you think is more effective: a cold call or an unsolicited email? Is it rude to interrupt someone you don't know while they're working? Is your email pitch likely to end up in the spam folder?
Re: Which Is Better: A Cold Call Or A Cold Email? by yawatide(f): 11:43am On Jul 25, 2009
I would go for for cold calling - emails are not personal. Me personally, I am always looking for excuse to send an email to the spam folder. I look for keywords. When speaking to someone, you get a response there and then, worse case is the person hangs up on you.

Having said that, I don't like cold calling - I don't like being disturbed for any reason and so I accord others the same respect. My philosophy is, if I want/need something, I know where to go. Worse case, I ask someone. That is why I deal strictly to referrals and adverts.
Re: Which Is Better: A Cold Call Or A Cold Email? by smartsoft(m): 12:10pm On Jul 25, 2009
Well Calling is better and some kinda emails too are welcome,  aslong you tell them what solution you want to render. okay let me gist you, i was in the office when i was done with some creatives for some clients HC if you know someone into advertising will like to read M2 Magazine huh?? i was just fliping through pages and i saw an Advertising Agency posing with yahoo email. So eheheh i was so smart to send an email because i can't imagine an agency not having one.

So immediately send an email and i got a reply infact the deal was sealed through email, afterwards i bell the MD on Phone. HC no tell me say u don dey do website join advertising ooo lol
Re: Which Is Better: A Cold Call Or A Cold Email? by HC: 12:25pm On Jul 25, 2009
LOL! All na the same, you know web goes along with advertising. Both require a lot of creativity.

I have done cold-calls in the past and some have been good and some, stories like we will get back to you,
Re: Which Is Better: A Cold Call Or A Cold Email? by smartsoft(m): 1:04pm On Jul 25, 2009
HC please send me an sms 07081909909 make we talk abeg i don misplace your number ooo  jo so gbo!

(1) (Reply)

@dual Core / Webmasters, Are U Ready For Cloud Computing? / I Need Your Help, Webmaters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.