Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,054 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Throwback Photo: King Sunny Ade (K.S.A. And Evang (dr.) Ebenezer Obey - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Throwback Photo: King Sunny Ade (K.S.A. And Evang (dr.) Ebenezer Obey (1679 Views)

King Sunny Ade And His 5 Wives (Pictured) / Photos From Ebenezer Obey 75th Birthday Party. Adeboye, Obasanjo, Amosun Attend / Ebenezer Obey's Grand Daughter Weds (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback Photo: King Sunny Ade (K.S.A. And Evang (dr.) Ebenezer Obey by Dclique(m): 10:36pm On Mar 25, 2016
Legendary singers and Juju music exponents, King Sunny Ade (K.S.A. and Evang (Dr.) Ebenezer Obey, were perceived by their fans in '70s as archrivals. And they waxed many albums, the age-long industry feud.

Their caustic lyrics were interpreted by their fans as jibes against each other and there was no sitting on the fence- you were either for KSA or for Obey.

But decades after their rivalry, the men, KSA now in late 60s and Obey in his 70s, had openly embraced each other thereby putting to rest the reported acrimony of yore. JUJU LORDS- KING SUNNY ADE AND EBENEZER OBEY ebenezer obey and KsA in the '80s.

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44 , ijebabe

http://mstabukasblog..com/2016/03/then-now-king-sunny-ade-ksa-and-evang.html

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo: King Sunny Ade (K.S.A. And Evang (dr.) Ebenezer Obey by dayowunmi(m): 10:54pm On Mar 25, 2016
Ebenezer Obey looked like omo butter and sunny are looked like ajepako in the throwback pics
Re: Throwback Photo: King Sunny Ade (K.S.A. And Evang (dr.) Ebenezer Obey by Flexherbal(m): 11:03pm On Mar 25, 2016
When men were boys.
Re: Throwback Photo: King Sunny Ade (K.S.A. And Evang (dr.) Ebenezer Obey by Cholls(m): 11:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
my brother I swear you need to see how they worship this men outside Nigeria........Watch the best of Kenny G to see how he praised King Sunny Ade.

Legends.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo: King Sunny Ade (K.S.A. And Evang (dr.) Ebenezer Obey by tpiar: 3:12am On Mar 26, 2016
dayowunmi:
Ebenezer Obey looked like omo butter and sunny are looked like ajepako in the throwback pics

that kind of terminology is for women, not men, I'm surprised you dont know.
Re: Throwback Photo: King Sunny Ade (K.S.A. And Evang (dr.) Ebenezer Obey by Royale001: 3:46am On Mar 26, 2016
Boyz to Men.

Living Legends

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo: King Sunny Ade (K.S.A. And Evang (dr.) Ebenezer Obey by opeyemiieblog(m): 6:23am On Mar 26, 2016
lol.....awon baba niyen
Re: Throwback Photo: King Sunny Ade (K.S.A. And Evang (dr.) Ebenezer Obey by nerodenero: 6:27am On Mar 26, 2016
It's as if KSA and Ebenezer Obey sang all the best of juju music you can ever imagine. The present ones lack creativity and ideas. Their songs would live beyond them.
Re: Throwback Photo: King Sunny Ade (K.S.A. And Evang (dr.) Ebenezer Obey by tyson99(m): 6:41am On Mar 26, 2016
Legendz
Re: Throwback Photo: King Sunny Ade (K.S.A. And Evang (dr.) Ebenezer Obey by cruzita(f): 7:17am On Mar 26, 2016
undecided that's men for u.if to say na women dem go quarrell till dem enter grave ,even for grave dem go still dey keep malice
Re: Throwback Photo: King Sunny Ade (K.S.A. And Evang (dr.) Ebenezer Obey by edoboy33(m): 7:33am On Mar 26, 2016
HOW MANY LIKES FOR THESE CUTE DUDES

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo: King Sunny Ade (K.S.A. And Evang (dr.) Ebenezer Obey by dayowunmi(m): 9:11am On Mar 26, 2016
tpiar:

that kind of terminology is for women, not men, I'm surprised you dont know.
Really! Am equally surprised to hear that because have heard comedians use it to describe males as well as females! It's not a sexist word
Re: Throwback Photo: King Sunny Ade (K.S.A. And Evang (dr.) Ebenezer Obey by tpiar: 9:50am On Mar 26, 2016
dayowunmi:

Really! Am equally surprised to hear that because have heard comedians use it to describe males as well as females! It's not a sexist word

It's for women or underage kids, not grown adults.

When you describe a lady as ajebutter, you may be complimenting her on her pampered appearance, likewise if you describe a kid as ajebutter, shows the parents are rich or the kid is well taken care of.

The adjective does not qualify mature males.
Re: Throwback Photo: King Sunny Ade (K.S.A. And Evang (dr.) Ebenezer Obey by GudluckIBB(m): 10:34am On Mar 26, 2016
I don't understand Obey's songs but that Baseline and rythm guiter that blends at intervals are Epic

As for Sunny Ade, his songs are for the Elite and I like them too
Re: Throwback Photo: King Sunny Ade (K.S.A. And Evang (dr.) Ebenezer Obey by okikiosibodu(m): 9:44am On Aug 17, 2016
nerodenero:
It's as if KSA and Ebenezer Obey sang all the best of juju music you can ever imagine. The present ones lack creativity and ideas. Their songs would live beyond them.
Mehn I'm telling you. Many of them just get a very good bet, and try to scribble some words, that match the beat. So many gibberish, and incomplete sentences in their sounds. Some don't even have beat or lyrics, they just bring half-dressed ladies to "come and be" smoking and twisting on their videos. I don't if those musicians sef will be proud to play those videos for their children (Olamide and D'banj also guilty of this).
I miss Fela Anikulapo Kuti of Kalakuta Republic...those are composers and musicians. In a track, he can dedicate the first 7mins to instrumentals, without saying a single word. The layout and arrangements of his instrumentals are always superb, and they are always unique, one track distinct from the other.
Live on, Fela-Kuta

(1) (Reply)

Halima Abubakar Flaunts Her Famous Curves In Style (photos) / Actress Adunni Ade Shares Throw Back Photo.. / Oge Okoye Shows Off Her Derriere In Sexy New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.