Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

"Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" (38735 Views)

Jonathan: Stella Oduah Hates Me Up Till Today For Sacking Her As Aviation Minist / Dino Melaye: “I Would Rather Be With Stella Oduah, A More Robust Woman" - SR / N2.5B Found In Stella Oduah’s Housemaid’s Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by hmuhammad(m): 7:50am On Mar 26, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3348017__princessstellaoduah1_jpg_btowspc_jpeg0f5cfd96febee571295ba686f5e33a82

Exposed: Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu International Airport

The stench of contractual fraud left behind by Senator Stella Oduah during her tenure as Minister of Aviation remains unceasing. Oduah, whose time as a minister under the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan was headlined by the dodgy contract of two bullet-proof BMW cars for her use, was elected senator in the last general elections.

The latest installment of controversy of her legacy as a minister is coming from the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, which was closed down for over two years to allow for its upgrade into a real international airport. To this end, a  contract was awarded at the cost of N86billion.‎                                                                                                                             

The airport runway, built in the 70s,  stretches over a distance of 2.6km ‎, which was to be extended to 3.6km to meet the global international runway standards.The old 2.6km runway was pot-hole ridden, making it risky for landing.  

Palliative measures were occasionally carried out on the runway at night to arrest further deterioration of the runway, but they did not eliminate the risk.

The contractor’s brief was to scrape off the original  2.6km runway that and construct an entirely new one. However,  what was done the dressing of its surface and the addition of a new one-kilometer stretch to make it 3.6km. But even the new one was shoddily built, making it unable to meet the standard specifications for runway construction.  

Sources revealed to this medium that no soil analysis was conducted before construction.  ‎This has been blamed for the regular flooding when the rains come.

Being the only one runway at the airport, not more than one plane can land or take off at the same time. The runway, as it is,  cannot accommodate bigger planes like Boeing 747 and 777, a situation that makes the airport less than a lucrative destination for airlines. The airport is made more unappealing regarding profit by the absence of cargo warehouse facilities.

And currently, despite the vast amounts expended, ‎there is no perimeter fencing around the runway. A case of a loiterer blocking a plane from taking off was reported late last year.
Also, ‎the airport does not have instrument landing systems, ILS

It has an improvised solar lighting on the runway; the airport authorities said works for between two to three hours daily. Ideally, it should work all day.‎ Similarly unavailable are CCTV cameras. The shuttle bus service for passengers has been discontinued by the Federal Aviation Authority (FAAN). As a result, passengers are left to trek to the aircraft even when it is raining.

The decrepit situation at the airport has led to the decision of Lufthansa and Emirates airlines to defer the commencement of their o‎pe rations on that route.‎ Moreover, the runway represents a clear and present danger to flight safety. 

http://saharareporters.com/2016/03/25/exposed-stella-oduahs-fraud-enugu-international-airport

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by Clakyvip: 7:52am On Mar 26, 2016
Corruption ridden country. Imagine what could happened to this country if these swindlers n unrepented hell condemned souls were still in govt all these crimes won't have been noticed. They just after our money nothing more, I wonder if all these people r even Nigerians. I cry for this nation. Those in power r not better, when they leave too, u see thr atrocities, we pray the damage won't b as severe as the formal. Let's pray for Nigeria. Let's change our mentality, every thousand stole is a life lost, Stop killing innocent youths n children. Some day some of us we get there too, when u get there.,Pls do well. God bless u.

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by funnynation(m): 7:52am On Mar 26, 2016
Even though I don't like Apc but sometime I support Buhari to probe this kind people. These people no dey fear God ooo. My problem is that they will embezzle and ship the money abroad. Make they use am open factory or small small industy wey fit help youth. The thunder wey go punish some of them still dey smoke Osogbo weed.

Nairaland official comedian

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 26, 2016
Yoruba media at it again. Igbos open your eyes...the plan is to suspend all work going at Enugu International Airport until investigation( to be announced soon) is completed; similar excuse used to stop Second River Niger Bridge...safety nonsense excuse! When did they start caring about the safety of the Igbos? LOL! The River Niger Bridge suspension started like this with an article of this manner...like joke like joke, it got suspended! The objective as usual...always plotting to jeopardize SE economic gateway...to render the Enugu International Airport potential useless, encouraging Igbos to use Lagos and Abuja Airports...enrich their state tax coffers. Any attempt to stop work at Enugu Airport must be resisted by the Igbos! Enough of this nonsense...as I type now, Second Niger Bridge is still suspended going to a year now!

Wicked country. Any attempt to touch this fearless woman that gave Enugu Airport true International status despite all threats on her will be met with venom!

152 Likes 17 Shares

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by hmuhammad(m): 7:57am On Mar 26, 2016
[s]
new2020:
Yoruba media at it again. Igbos open your eyes...the plan is to suspend all work going at Enugu International Airport until investigation( to be announced soon) is completed; similar excuse used to stop Second River Niger. The objective as usual...always plotting to savage SE economic gateway...to render the Enugu International Airport potential useless, encouraging Igbos to use Lagos and Abuja Airports...enrich their state tax coffers. Any attempt to stop work at Enugu Airport must be resisted by the Igbos!
[/s] what is this one saying? A typical IPOB tout.

194 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by spidey77: 7:59am On Mar 26, 2016
I thought it shud b renovated Na.....dat money can fix all dose tinz na
Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by bigerboy200: 8:04am On Mar 26, 2016
The political class in Nigeria are devils..wonder why we the common masses haven't risen up to fight for what is right..we keep hearing of billions upon looted billions every day..sick of this country..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by fulanimafia: 8:13am On Mar 26, 2016
new2020:
Yoruba media at it again. Igbos open your eyes...the plan is to suspend all work going at Enugu International Airport until investigation( to be announced soon) is completed; similar excuse used to stop Second River Niger Bridge...safety nonsense excuse! The River Niger Bridge suspension started like this with an article of this manner...like joke like joke, it got suspended! The objective as usual...always plotting to jeopardize SE economic gateway...to render the Enugu International Airport potential useless, encouraging Igbos to use Lagos and Abuja Airports...enrich their state tax coffers. Any attempt to stop work at Enugu Airport must be resisted by the Igbos!

Wicked country. Any attempt to touch this fearless woman that gave Enugu Airport true International status despite all threats on her will be met with venom!

Why do you always have this victim mentality? You have not tackled any point from that report, yet you're foaming in the mouth. The same SR you hailed when they criticized Buhari is now 'Yoruba media'. Smh.

You seem to not realize Nigerians have confirmed your type are just empty chestbeaters? You have threatened worse, yet Nnamdi Kanu is spending Easter in Kuje Zoo.

216 Likes 14 Shares

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 26, 2016
new2020:
Yoruba media at it again. Igbos open your eyes...the plan is to suspend all work going at Enugu International Airport until investigation( to be announced soon) is completed; similar excuse used to stop Second River Niger Bridge...safety nonsense excuse! The River Niger Bridge suspension started like this with an article of this manner...like joke like joke, it got suspended! The objective as usual...always plotting to jeopardize SE economic gateway...to render the Enugu International Airport potential useless, encouraging Igbos to use Lagos and Abuja Airports...enrich their state tax coffers. Any attempt to stop work at Enugu Airport must be resisted by the Igbos!

Nigeria is lost to blind tribalism.

I thought an intelligent way to debunk the report is to analyze it point by point.

For example, was the contract awarded for N86billion?

Was a soil test done for the new runway?

Does the new runway flood?

Was the old runway done properly?

Is there a shuttle bus for passengers?

Is there a perimetre fence at the aiport?

Is there an Instrument Landing system?

Is the solar lighting on the runway working well?

Was there ever a case of a loiterer at the airport?

Can the runway accommodate big planes like Boeing 747 and 777?

Are the international airlines mentioned using the airport?

Rather than address the specific issues, you went for shameless dirty tribalism.

Is it that you lack logical reasoning? Is an airport with poor lighting, flooded runway, no ILS, no shuttle bus, no fence safe for human use?

Why are you not asking sensible questions about the shoddy execution of the contract? Abi na you be the yeye contractor?

Na wa for Nigerian youth. Many of them condone corruption more than the real thieves.

251 Likes 21 Shares

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 26, 2016
Activa:

[s]

I thought an intelligent way to debunk the report is to analyze it point by point.

Are international airlines mentioned using using the airport?[/s]

Have you read my analysis on Second Niger Bridge suspension? It remains suspended for almost a yr now. You want me to analyze again?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by kettykin: 8:21am On Mar 26, 2016
Activa:

Are international airlines mentioned using using the airport?

Stella oduah was the biggest fraud in the history of mankind, but what is keeping the present government that claims not to be fraudulent and claims to have zero tolerance for corruption from completing the airport and making it a major gateway into Nigeria is what I don't understand.

The apc people call Stella corrupt and yet have not built anything to show they are not corrupt.

This is worse than corruption and I will prefer Stella odua corruption where Airports are renovated in phases than the hypocritical APC anti corruption where there is no project or plans for projects and where ordinary passing a budget is marred in controversial corruption.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by Beremx(f): 8:24am On Mar 26, 2016
new2020:

Have you read my analysis on Second Niger Bridge suspension? It remains suspended for almost a yr now. You want me to analyze again?
So you wanna pretend all is well with the airport when actually it isn't?

51 Likes

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 26, 2016
new2020:

Why are you evading and muddling up issues?

We're talking about the airport. You're talking about a bridge.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by babdap: 8:26am On Mar 26, 2016
Stealing is now corruption.

6 Likes

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by JingoOAU(m): 8:27am On Mar 26, 2016
new2020:
Yoruba media at it again. Igbos open your eyes...the plan is to suspend all work going at Enugu International Airport until investigation( to be announced soon) is completed; similar excuse used to stop Second River Niger Bridge...safety nonsense excuse! The River Niger Bridge suspension started like this with an article of this manner...like joke like joke, it got suspended! The objective as usual...always plotting to jeopardize SE economic gateway...to render the Enugu International Airport potential useless, encouraging Igbos to use Lagos and Abuja Airports...enrich their state tax coffers. Any attempt to stop work at Enugu Airport must be resisted by the Igbos! Enough of this nonsense...as I type now, Second Niger Bridge is still suspended going to a year now!

So are you happy an Igbo airport is the only airport in the world where when it rains, it's flooded

Do I expect you to support the article??...definitely know....

Since the article is set out to expose the fraud perpetrated by your Aunt called Stella, so it's expected you defend the project and the Stealler

If I were the FG, I will never touch or upgrade any airport in the south east, cos the people are their worst enemies....

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 26, 2016
kettykin:

Stella oduah was the biggest fraud in the history of mankind, but what is keeping the present government that claims not to be fraudulent and claims to have zero tolerance for corruption from completing the airport and making it a major gateway into Nigeria is what I don't understand.

The apc people call Stella corrupt and yet have not built anything to show they are not corrupt.

This is worse than corruption and I will prefer Stella odua corruption where Airports are renovated in phases than the hypocritical APC anti corruption where there is no project or plans for projects and where ordinary passing a budget is marred in controversial corruption.

I'm not holding and won't hold brief for any party or politicians.

But I think it's professionally faulty to compare a govt (APC) that has not implemented a single budget to one (Jonathan-PDP) that ran 4 or 5 budgets. Not fair. Not logical.

Also, how about checking what really happened at Enugu airport before throwing money at it as you suggested?

42 Likes

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by realnas(m): 8:29am On Mar 26, 2016
Leave am na our sister !yolobas

5 Likes

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by maasoap(m): 8:36am On Mar 26, 2016
kettykin:

Mr man, how do you want this administration to complete the project when their first ever budget was passed two days ago? Sometimes, we need to think deeply before we post.

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 26, 2016
new2020:

So it's because of your so-called analysis that you've become a die in the wool tribalist?

Is work going on on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway for example?

Would it then make sense for people to scream tribalism if safety issues are raised on Ibadan airport.

Yet you would likely blame the same govt if something untoward (may God forbid) happens at Enugu airport.

39 Likes

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by maasoap(m): 8:39am On Mar 26, 2016
Activa:

I'm not and won't hold brief for any party or politicians.

But I think it's professionally faulty to compare a govt that has not implemented a single budget to one that ran 4 or 5 budgets. Not fair.

Also, how about checking what really happened at Enugu airport before throwing money at it as you suggested?
He didn't even call for investigation to see may be some contractors collected money but didn't do job. May be the contract was grossly inflated.

12 Likes

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 26, 2016
maasoap:
He didn't even call for investigation to see may be some contractors collected money but didn't do job. May be the contract was grossly inflated.

Exactly!

Someone perhaps did a job not worth more than N1billion in a N86billion contract and you're saying another govt should continue.

I tire for Nigerians o.

35 Likes

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by maasoap(m): 8:46am On Mar 26, 2016
new2020:

Was the way second niger bridge awarded the thing you guys wanted? It was awarded at twilight of Jonathan’s administration just to get cheap votes from your region. You guys should be grateful to Buhari for stopping the project, the private firm handling the PPP would have taxed you and your unborn generations to hell.

38 Likes

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by ChappyChase: 8:49am On Mar 26, 2016
Nwane women can thief oooo! Give me one female politician that headed a department without stealing it dry!? Please don't mention okonjo-iwela!

4 Likes

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 26, 2016
JingoOAU:

So are you happy an Igbo airport is the only airport in the world where when it rains, it's flooded

Do I expect you to support the article??...definitely know....

Since the article is set out to expose the fraud perpetrated by your Aunt called Stella, so it's expected you defend the project and the Stealler

If I were the FG, I will never touch or upgrade any airport in the south east, cos the people are their worst enemies....
**** if u were d fg u wu-d neva upgrade any airport n d se- smtimes u ppl talk like u are god or smtn.

2 Likes

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by sammyj: 9:12am On Mar 26, 2016
Only the blind wailers will dispute this fraud called Odua. Every day is for the thief but one day will be the turn of the owner!!! shocked shocked angry

15 Likes

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by DaBullIT(m): 10:00am On Mar 26, 2016
How stewpyd can people get

You are so paranoid anything being done is being done against ibo yiu guys aren't event that important to Buhari

Jonathan was the one who built and promised to deliver second Niger bridge before his tenure ends , he never completed it and if you are not a fresher on NL you'll see the news of last minute fraud perpetrated by GEJ

So get some sense and please your sense oozes of stewpydity
new2020:
Yoruba media at it again. Igbos open your eyes...the plan is to suspend all work going at Enugu International Airport until investigation( to be announced soon) is completed; similar excuse used to stop Second River Niger Bridge...safety nonsense excuse! When did they start caring about the safety of the Igbos? LOL! The River Niger Bridge suspension started like this with an article of this manner...like joke like joke, it got suspended! The objective as usual...always plotting to jeopardize SE economic gateway...to render the Enugu International Airport potential useless, encouraging Igbos to use Lagos and Abuja Airports...enrich their state tax coffers. Any attempt to stop work at Enugu Airport must be resisted by the Igbos! Enough of this nonsense...as I type now, Second Niger Bridge is still suspended going to a year now!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by Ariani: 10:03am On Mar 26, 2016
Awusa and Odua rulers had like 34years to fix Enugu Airport, but they didn't, why do they now pretend to care about the Airport? What the hell is going on here?

Stella and GEJ did more for Enugu international airport in 6years than Awusa and Yoruba rulers did in 35years, this fact is not lost on us.

Stella stole money budgeted for Enugu Airport? Well, without her, nothing would have been budgeted for that airport, everything would as usual be diverted to Lagos,this is why no sensible Igbo would give a thought to this Stella's alleged under use of funds meant to build Enugu Airport.

Now that she is not there, let's see Arewa and Odua people do better for the airport, until then, this Stella story won't sell to the average Igboman.

Now you know why the country is messed up and is set to benefit the stealing elites from all ethnic groups, and why Igbo elites will continue singing "one Nigeria".

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by cckris: 10:13am On Mar 26, 2016
Closing the ENUGU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT will be the worst, & perhaps, the biggest political mistake that Buhari could make as president of Nigeria.
Buhari will do himself a lot of good by IMPROVING THE STATUS of the Airport, instead of this obviously Lagos-engineered POLITICAL crisis, designed to sustain the influx of Igbos & other tribes into Lagos, bringing development to Lagos, & PAUPERISING other regions.

9 Likes

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by Ariani: 10:28am On Mar 26, 2016
cckris:
Closing the ENUGU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT will be the worst, & perhaps, the biggest political mistake that Buhari could make as president of Nigeria.
Buhari will do himself a lot of good by IMPROVING THE STATUS of the Airport, instead of this obviously Lagos-engineered POLITICAL crisis, designed to sustain the influx of Igbos & other tribes into Lagos, bringing development to Lagos, & PAUPERISING other regions.

Exactly, nothing stops Buhari and his hordes of Yoruba supporters from improving on what Stella has done for Enugu International airport in a space of 6years, which is more than they( Awusa/ Odua people) did for that airport between 1970- 2011.

This their cheap blackmail to close that airport under fictitious excuse of Stella misappropriation of funds will not be tolerated by sensible Igbos.

They must realize we are not fools. Government is all about continuity, GEJ and Stella did a poor job? Well fine and good, isn't this government supposed to be an upgrade on GEJ govt, they should lead the way by doing better work on the airport than GEJ and Stella did.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by RareDiamond: 10:28am On Mar 26, 2016
THE ENUGU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IS A DONE DEAL WHICH IS IRREVERSIBLE BY GOD'S GRACE. THE BIGOTRY PROPELLED ARTICLE AND/OR PLAN TO CHANGE WHAT GOD HAVE GIVEN SOUTH EAST WILL FAIL. KANO AND LAGOS AIRPORTS HAVE NUMEROUS CHALLENGES AND SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN INSTEAD OF ENUGU. THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE CONCERNED BY FULANI HERDSMEN WHO HAVE GONE ON RAMPAGE DESTROYING LIVES AND PROPERTIES OF INNOCENT NIGERIANS SINCE THEIR LIFE PATRON MOHAMMED BUHARI BECAME PRESIDENT INSTEAD OF ALLOWING THEIR BIGOTRY BRING THEM TO IGBOLAND.

8 Likes

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by okezed: 10:41am On Mar 26, 2016
how could someone believe SR for this allegation with out proof (pix) the said airport is not in the moon to visit, than staying far away from Nigeria and committing character assassination

3 Likes

Re: "Stella Oduah's Fraud At Enugu Airport" by omenka(m): 10:45am On Mar 26, 2016
Activa:

Was a soil test done for the new runway?

Is there a perimetre fence at the aiport?

Was there ever a case of a loiterer at the airport?

Can the runway accommodate big planes like Boeing 747 and 777?

Are the international airlines mentioned using the airport?

Rather than address the specific issues, you went for shameless dirty tribalism.

Is it that you lack logical reasoning? Is an airport with poor lighting, flooded runway, no ILS, no shuttle bus, no fence safe for human use?

Why are you not asking sensible questions about the shoddy execution of the contract? Abi na you be the yeye contractor?

Na wa for Nigerian youth. Many of them condone corruption more than the real thieves.
You can count on the Israeli Yoots to protest on the forum, that is typical. Just waiting to see pics of them brandishing banners on the streets in protest against th "harassment of their sister". cheesy

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EndSARS: Imoru Police Station Vandalized By Residents Of Ijebu Ode / FG Reacts To Sgt. David Bako E-Mail On Dapchi Abduction, Release / Ebonyi State Unveils Her New Government House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.