Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,258 members, 7,953,986 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:22 AM

Minorities In Nigeria: An Endangered Species? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minorities In Nigeria: An Endangered Species? (471 Views)

Ijaws Are The Smallest Minorities In The South [FACTS ONLY] / Middle Belt, Northern Minorities Seek 12 Regions, 54 States / Igbo, An Endangered Specie In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minorities In Nigeria: An Endangered Species? by Adadio: 12:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
It appears to me that the so called minority ethnic groups in Nigeria are an endangered species. At most trying periods in Nigeria's history,they have risen to defend the territorial integrity of the country. I recall that during the civil war, the minorities constituted the bulk of the fighting force against Biafra.
They have also suffered persecution at certain other times like the mass killing at Odi In Bayelsa , The Agatu massacre in Benue, The Zango Kataf and Langtang episodes and others too numerous to mention. Any majority tribe that suffers a similar persecution must be considered a minority, even a worse one.
If the minorities in Nigeria should revolt today, it may become a serious situation to handle. Let us treat our minority elements better for a more stable Nigeria. Thank you.
Re: Minorities In Nigeria: An Endangered Species? by ojnnaco(m): 12:53pm On Mar 26, 2016
Re: Minorities In Nigeria: An Endangered Species? by ojnnaco(m): 12:54pm On Mar 26, 2016
.This reminds me of Charles Darwin's Survival of the fittest . majority will always like to oppress the minority .. that's so natural
Re: Minorities In Nigeria: An Endangered Species? by osesology(m): 1:01pm On Mar 26, 2016
I foresee a new Adaka Boro in the near future, the way things are going.
Re: Minorities In Nigeria: An Endangered Species? by hungryboy(m): 1:42pm On Mar 26, 2016
My brother na so we see am oh,
If it's one Nigeria, why do we only have three tribes way of calling 5naira, 10naira, 20naira and 50naira, written on the notes?
Are the telling us that the other tribes numbering in hundreds don't use lower denominations or Nigerian currency?,
Same thing happens with Federal radio corporation announcement in Nigerian languages, that only appear in the three languages.
Nigeria is a nation of many tribes and languages, yes,there are large and small tribes, but as a country, Government should always endeavour to carry all the tribes along,
Re: Minorities In Nigeria: An Endangered Species? by theDEVILisHERE: 1:47pm On Mar 26, 2016
Adadio:
It appears to me that the so called minority ethnic groups in Nigeria are an endangered species. At most trying periods in Nigeria's history,they have risen to defend the territorial integrity of the country. I recall that during the civil war, the minorities constituted the bulk of the fighting force against Biafra.
They have also suffered persecution at certain other times like the mass killing at Odi In Bayelsa , The Agatu massacre in Benue, The Zango Kataf and Langtang episodes and others too numerous to mention. Any majority tribe that suffers a similar persecution must be considered a minority, even a worse one.
If the minorities in Nigeria should revolt today, it may become a serious situation to handle. Let us treat our minority elements better for a more stable Nigeria. Thank you.

Of course they are (as well other slave niggas within the area aka Nigerians)

This is because they are all FOOLS

How can you be a minority in your fathers house!

(1) (Reply)

76villagers Kidnap After Feud With Fulani Herdsmen In Unugu / I Still Believe In Buhari's Government / Why Buhari Is Yet To Disclose Recovered Loots, By Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.