Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience (19540 Views)

Lady Loses N15,000 At An ATM Queue In Lagos / Lady Shows The N1000 Note Dispensed To Her By An ATM In Lagos / See The Torn N1000 Note I Got From An ATM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Kazrem(m): 10:43pm On Mar 26, 2016
Two times recently I can remember.
1. Not funny at all. I had an exam for 2pm at Mushin. Left office 11am. I had all the chance to take money from the school purse because the money was with me but didn't (why should I when I have my ATM with me and will withdraw at the bus stop). On getting to the ATM in aiyetoro, I saw plenty people in almost all the ATM. The only one that didn't has plenty people told me the story I didn't like. "You can't delay me. I will withdraw on the road to Ajah", I thought. I entered cab, told the driver on the way that I will withdraw on the road m he fumed a little then he moved on. On getting to Sangotedo, I alighted at the first bank ATM. Used the and told me the same grammar. "Ha! What am I going to do? Gbese re o", I shouted inwardly. I used the other ATM still the same. A corper saw how I was feeling, then asked what the problem was. "I don't even know", I replied. Then read to him the grammar the ATM told me. "That's bvn issue", the guy said. "Hen? bvn what? Motiku oo. I have done my bvn Noah and still used this ATM few days back!", I exclaimed. "Ha how am I going to do now?. Motigbe laye mi." The driver kept looking at me from the road side. He sensed there is an hitch with the atm. The corper asked, "are you the one the driver is waiting for?". "Yes", I helplessly answered. "And I have an exam by 2pm", I concluded. As at that time, it was past 12 and I didn't have a dime with me. The guy offered 1k, and I gladly collected it. The money took me to the exam venue but not without missing the exam because as at that time there is traffic on the road already. Very painful. Now I do I get back home? Fortunately, one of my debtors gave me 7k. It was like 7m.

Can't type the second now. Tired.
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Dhavido(m): 10:46pm On Mar 26, 2016
dhavido keeps his money under his pillow, be smart, be like me
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by joseph1013: 10:54pm On Mar 26, 2016
Jarus:

During the search for Mrs Jarus.

I was going to Minna, Niger state, to check on a potential Mrs Jarus.

I don't like keeping cash with me, so just withdrew 20k at the Lagos MMIA ATM and used 17k to pay for Lagos-Abuja ticket.

I got to Abuja airport and tried withdrawing more cash for continuation of my journey by road to Minna. Na so GTB ATM dey tell story.

I thought it was a temporary thing and felt it would be fine before I got to the park.

I got an airport cab that charged me 3500. Although I had 3k with me, I was sure the ATM would be working before I got to our destination: Utako park.

We got to the park and I entered the nearest bank, a Zenith Bank, to withdraw more money, give the cab man 3500, used the remaining as fare to Minna etc.

Same story: can't withdraw. I was sweating, lamenting, calling my friends in GTB to tell them the mess GTB had put me into in Abuja. A friend that worked in their Head Office contacted their IT and they gave him feedback that it was ageneral issue they're fixing on that Saturday.

I was raking on, raising voice against my GTB friends as if they were the ones responsibility.

The taxi man collected the 3k left with me and left short of 500.

I was still lamenting in front of the bank, trying the ATM every 3 minutes.

1 hour, 2 hours, no show.

I had no dime left with me.

I narrated my ordeal to the bank security guy who saw me apprehensive, and he offered to give me 1k.

Abuja-mInna was 800 so I used the 1k to pay for fare and had 200 left on me. I got to Minna likee 2 hours later and I headed straight to the nearest ATM. It worked!

I returned to Abuja next day en route Lagos, but because I was rushing to catch my flight, couldn't go to the Utoko park to thank nd refund the bank guy.

On my next visit to Abuja like 2 months later, I went to that Zenith branch to thank the guy and refund him. He wasn't on duty that day, but his friend on duty collected it and gave him next day. I think he called
Interesting. That means some of those 'beggars' could be genuine. But again, how many people will you help out on a daily basis? When you're not Dangote.
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by doskie(m): 11:21pm On Mar 26, 2016
dsauce:

bro u bad gan oo, see as u finished ijebu people
no be lie oh. na there I serve.
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Evathyst(f): 11:44pm On Mar 26, 2016
See as this thread dey sweet my belle. grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by gen2lpat(m): 11:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
Lol

Mine was last week friday. My department had picked me to represent the coy in a funeral service of a Colleague who lost his mum. I was given some cash few days to my journey, to present to the family.

I rushed to the bank and deposited the money so that when i get to orlu town, i will withdraw it before going to the his village where the burial should take place.

On getting to orlu town, i hurriedly walked straight to Eco bank ATM machine and slot in my card. Entered my pin and the useless machine keeps telling me wrong pin till it said i have exceeded my number of pin enteries.

Was so fraustrated and luckily for me, there's a FCMB close by. I rushed in, walked straight to the CC and explained my situatuon. The CC attendant took her time to sort it out and changed my pin. Told me to step out and try again (FCMB ATM). I did with the same pin i used before and withdrew. In my mind i was seriously causing that Eco bank ATM machine that almost gave me a heart attack.
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by gen2lpat(m): 12:04am On Mar 27, 2016
Part II

Lol

I planned on travelling home on 25th Dec, 15. At about past 7PM on 24th Dec. 2015, after spending loads of money shopping, was left with #800. Walked into the nearest bank (UBA) to withdraw from the ATM.

After pressing the neccessary things, "Please wait while your transaction is processing" as i waited patiently for over 5mins, next page it brought out was the home screen with "Please insert your card", alas, the machine had swallowed my card. Gobe!!!

I started sweating and almost boxed the screen of the useless ATM. All thanks to a friend who gave me some cash with his card while i transferd back to him using the DIAMOND APP.

Since that day, UBA atm in Ninth Mile is a NO! NO!! for me
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by yadnus1(m): 12:30am On Mar 27, 2016
There was this peculiar experience l had while trying to withdraw from an ATM machine in lkorodu. Due to the heavy traffic l had gotten into while coming from Oshodi,by the time l got to Benson l suddenly realized that the fuel will not take me home. I decided to use my card to withdraw 3k for supplement and other stuff. Unfortunately there was no service at my bank,l decided to try the Fidelity Bank;l punched-in the necessary buttons,and waited.l can hear the usual humming sound indicating that the money is on it's way out.l had my purse out already, the slot panel opened thrusting the notes out.As l stretched my hand to remove the cash,all of a sudden; just like 'open sesame' (Only people conversant with the Arabian Nights book-Alibaba & Forty Thieves will understand)the flip cover of the dispensing slot of the machine just snapped shut,taking with it my 3k;all these is not up to 5 seconds. l stood there transfixed like l had just seen an apparition. The beeping sound asking me if l wanted to perform another operation brought me back to my senses, l checked my balance and lo and behold, l have been debited. I removed my card and crossed to the Zenith Bank just opposite, where l eventually successfully carried out the transaction. It's such a strange incident that I didn't even bother to report because I don't want to look stupid,but l still find it unbelievable myself each time l flashback at this incident. It was last July.
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by peterbello(m): 1:15am On Mar 27, 2016
It happened in 2012. I had an interview to attend in Lagos on a Monday. So I decided to travel there on Sunday. I packed and went to the GTB e-branch to withdraw the money I was gonna use to buy fuel into my car and pocket-money. On getting to the bank, I went straight to the 2nd ATM and inserted my card. The machine accepted the card and continued it's adverts like nothing happened. I got so mad, went to the security guard to complain. The 1st thing he asked was hope I didn't use the 2nd ATM because the ATM was faulty and he had been standing inside the building to warn people about it. He also said he just went out to ease himself when I was coming in. I just stood there, confused. I was pondering on many things. Why would this happen on a Sunday afternoon? Why did I use that ATM machine out of all them? Why didn't I put some money in my other accounts? I had to leave the bank. Fortunately for me, I met my girlfriend on the way. When she saw my countenance, she knew something was wrong. At the end, she lended me the money I used thoughout the trip.
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Aieboocaar(m): 2:39am On Mar 27, 2016
Gracito:
We finished exams around 6 that day. Na my last 30 naira I use go department. I trekked from management to bank. The machines refused to pay, na like that I use leg reach ifite gate, because I Couldn't C empty bus to even beg[color=][/color] cry cry

Fellow zikkite grin u get luck say na evening time u trek dah trek..if not Awka sun for do u wetin fire dey do cow
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Gracito(f): 2:58am On Mar 27, 2016
Aieboocaar:

Fellow zikkite grin u get luck say na evening time u trek dah trek..if not Awka sun for do u wetin fire dey do cow
I dey tell you, e no easy that day at all
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Aieboocaar(m): 3:10am On Mar 27, 2016
Gracito:
I dey tell you, e no easy that day at all

lol....buh d distance is not dat far o!
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Gracito(f): 4:27am On Mar 27, 2016
Aieboocaar:

lol....buh d distance is not dat far o!
why not try wen you ain't eaten before and after exams?
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Eyepencil: 6:23am On Mar 27, 2016
Gracito:
We finished exams around 6 that day. Na my last 30 naira I use go department. I trekked from management to bank. The machines refused to pay, na like that I use leg reach ifite gate, because I Couldn't C empty bus to even beg[color=][/color] cry cry

Yea, I actually saw u that day treking grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by onuwaje(m): 8:18am On Mar 27, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
CORP MEMBER NOT CORPS MEMBER
Nor disgrace ur sef for public abeg
Use the dictionary
Its CORPS (pronounced cor)

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by onuwaje(m): 8:19am On Mar 27, 2016
lionlee216:

Area G, God catch yu
Identify thysef
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by naxman(m): 8:23am On Mar 27, 2016
On dis faithful day we were on queue at ATM stand hhhhhmmm l realy need money like seriously..... d guy am nxt to slot in his card press buttons after some processes Machine debited d guy witout cash...... d guy dnt no wen he knee down b4 ATM n start begn "pls abeg u neva pay me na abeg........ " lolz na so l take leav queue oh
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Gracito(f): 9:00am On Mar 27, 2016
Eyepencil:

Yea, I actually saw u that day treking grin
and you didn't call me, abi? Okay, kwantinu
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by bankybobo11: 9:45am On Mar 27, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
CORP MEMBER NOT CORPS MEMBER

Wow, such effrontery! You're so emphatically wrong. The correct couple of words is actually corps member. Corps is a singular noun, its plural is also corps and it's pronounced as 'kor'. Do make your research before righting what is not wrong!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by lionlee216(m): 10:01am On Mar 27, 2016
onuwaje:

Identify thysef

So na so u dey trek u go dey story us for whatsapp grp say u get private jet. Lindon must here this hehehehehehehehehheh
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 27, 2016
Uhmmm mine was in 2012 I ws in 200l den, I ws damn broke nd dnt even knw wen d nxt alert will show!!! All of a sudden I got alert of 5k. I jst drop d fone,instantly I rushd to a frnd to borow 70 to board a bus to town(to nd fro fee is 200 oooo bt I tink I will jst mount bike 2 d atm from town nd wen I withdraw I will pay d guy his 30), on getin to town like 4 ATMs wey out of service I was like kilode finally l got to eco bank(now d bike man as startin grublin dat is fee is 100 I ws like no problem) it ws wukin bt nobody ws den to withdraw, I ws @ 1st suspicious bt out of anxiety I ws like mak I try lo nd bhold I slot my card b4 I knw it d security man @ d bank gate startd shouting in hausa 'dnt put ur cartd ooo e dey swallow ppl card' I ws lik oga y u no talk since nw jst as e daid d machine as swallowd my card wit no tp back cnt even tink of traekin cos it like 20min drive u ve to cross river benue as in treak no even b option nd I no cari my fone cum kia, I jst turnd @o d bike man nd xplan my sef to him cos it ws already late too my suprise he dip his hand in is pocket nd gave me 200 I ws like woaw kia dat guy hep me dat day.............weyeva he is nw I pray dat God favours him too

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Mznaett: 10:25am On Mar 27, 2016
Edipee:
what's up with you?
It's a long story osad
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Edipee(m): 10:39am On Mar 27, 2016
Let's meet on fb
Mznaett:

It's a long story osad
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Mznaett: 11:10am On Mar 27, 2016
Edipee:
Let's meet on fb
Ok sir
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Harllymart(f): 11:26am On Mar 27, 2016
Am Here to read comments
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by html14java(f): 12:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
I can't be left stranded by ATM. Rather, i will keep the ATM machine stranded
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by samuelezekiel(m): 2:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
MoneypassGod:
Sometime ago i was broke and didn't hav a dime on me, salary hasn't been paid. Not a single drop of water at home. Later my elder bros sent 4k and as i received d alert i left immediately with a sigh of relieve to withdraw it. Took me about 30 mins to trek to d bank. The nearest bank was diamond bank. As i tried to withraw d 4k it started to count but then stopped counting and my ATM card came out of d machine by itself, and no money was paid. Phew... I quickly left to UBA, d queue there was a bit long. Wen it was about to get to my turn 4 persons came out of d blue and said they were there b4 me. D kind drag wey drag, i later allowed dem to withdraw. Den it got to my turn all eyes was on me. As i tried to withdraw 4k it said insufficient fund. Wat! wot d hell. Tried withdrawing 3k said same thing. I was trying to process wot was happenin wen someone shouted frm behind ''press 'NO' now''. I felt mortified as i left d bank. It was after i hav gone out of d bank dat i received a message tellin me 4k has been deducted frm my account wen i tried to withdrwa money frm diamond bank. No be small thin dat day. Till now d 4k hasn,t been revesrsed.

That's wat happens wen u try using another bank ATM machine to withdraw, it takes ages becos of he procedures involved
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by samuelezekiel(m): 2:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
Mobile banking app has made everything easy...go cashless...with the app u can do all your transactions without moving, saves you stress and for Access Bank app, most times it reverses almost immediately, you can do a lot with it, recharge subscribe and lots more..
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by haryormeedeh(f): 2:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
That day I nearly cried o, I had #1000 o when I received alert that my uncle has sent me money. As per awoof money, I started buying drinks for people in the hostel hoping to withdraw and it was a Friday afternoon. I waited till evening to go and withdraw when the stupid ATM said CARD NOT SMART. I was just trying it anyhow, went to like five banks, nothing. they asked me to use spirit to clean it, I tried it, white handkerchief, I tried it too. I'm sure if they asked me to pee on the atm card that day, I for do am.i was that desperate. that's how I swallowed my pride and started begging money for the next two weeks before I could collect another atm card. I learnt humility big time while begging

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Seeeeeeee: 6:19pm On Mar 27, 2016
onuwaje:
Nor disgrace ur sef for public abeg Use the dictionary Its CORPS (pronounced cor)
I don hear bro
Re: Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience by Seeeeeeee: 6:21pm On Mar 27, 2016
bankybobo11:

Wow, such effrontery! You're so emphatically wrong. The correct couple of words is actually corps member. Corps is a singular noun, its plural is also corps and it's pronounced as 'kor'. Do make your research before righting what is not wrong!
You're right bro!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Filling Station In Nnewi Gutted By Fire This Morning (photos) / Palm Credit Asking For Card Pin / How To Survive And Win During This Economic Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.