Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Economic Hardship Am Going Through - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Hardship Am Going Through (445 Views)

Charly Boy, Sowore, NLC Protest In Lagos Over Economic Hardship (Photos) / Only Few Nigerians Are Complaining Of Going Through Hardship – Femi Adesina / APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Economic Hardship Am Going Through by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 26, 2016
If these economic hardship continue like this, many Nigerians may be begging for death sooner than late.

Life has become extremely difficulty(worst) for me in the following area:

Transport fare: As a ICAN student preparing for may diet, the transport fare from judges qtrs to ICAN study centre has increased from #100 to #150, making #300 per day for transport, imagine the madness.

Electricity: we hardly see light for up to 5 hours a day, in fact, @ night, there is no light at all. I always use rechargeable lantern to study for few hours, the temperature in the room is unbearable and I detest sweating.

Food stuff: Benue state that is known as the food basket of the nation is not finding it easy, before I spent #10000 to #12000 for food per month as a bachelor last year, now I spent up to #20000 just for food, even the price of what we produce locally in the farm has doubled if not tripled.

Salary: though am not working presently due to my studies, but I depend on my brother who is a doctor for my up keep. The Benue state government has not paid salary to virtually all the civil servant (sectors) since last year. He only paid last November salary this month due to easter celebration. Can my brother give me money if he is not paid? Yet organized labor are not saying anything.

Water: Makurdi (except some part of wadata close to makurdi water works) don't have safe drinking water, you virtually find well in every compound you enter, and these "well water" are not good for drinking. Pure water " the middle class hope" to safe drinking water has increased from #70 to #160. Tell me, as a student, can I afford buying pure water @ #160 every 3days and won't be broke?

Security: Suswan administration made BENUE relatively stable using operation ZANDA, which reduced cultism, armed robbery and killings by herds men but the story has CHANGED now. Agatu killings is not even the problem, you can be robbed and even killed @ broad day light in north bank, high level,judges qtrs, logo 1&2, south bank( wadata), apir etc by cultists and jobless touts not to talk of the insecurity in virtually all the local govt area of the state. A pregnant women and an old man were killed in wurukum (away street after the mosques) and their bodies kept on the road last 2 nights.

I call on all Nigerians to help talk sense into the heart of this present regime via protest, the media,religious and academic institutions,unbiased and bonefied labor union etc to address these madness.
Re: Economic Hardship Am Going Through by rasbaby(f): 6:35pm On Mar 26, 2016
Noted, we'll c wat we can do about that.
Re: Economic Hardship Am Going Through by chukwukadibia10: 6:42pm On Mar 26, 2016
I will just say,

if you're among the zombies that voted us into this condition

Ntoooooor!
If you are not, May God see you through.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Now Questioning Our Change Agenda- Lai Mohammed / Nasarawa Lawmakers Fight Over Appointment Of Sole Administrators / Ekiti Commissioner Resigned On Health Grounds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.