Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters (33485 Views)

Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers / 12 Beautiful Delicacies From All Over Nigeria / Nigerian Delicacies That Will Make You Bite Your Fingers- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters by 4nobody4every1: 5:00am On Mar 27, 2016
iamclime:

A point of correction: There is no "Snake Market" in Badagry. What we have is a Fish Market ("Whevihi" or Oja Eja) which holds every nine days. Several of the fish sellers also sell dried or smoked snakes. But the major wares in the market are fish, crayfish/prawns, crabs, and other seafood. Badagry, a place of culture, history, and tradition. #irepBADAGRYanyday!
Come visit soon.
You are correct, l have driven to that market several times and l know it is mainly fish, vegetables and fairly used okrika shoes, bags and other items they sell their, so it is not really a snake market as depicted by the Op...l normally park by the filling station close to the market and sometimes drive to the cool waterside to relax, they also sell snake meat in the market but it is not a snake market.. cool
Re: Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters by justmenoni: 5:16am On Mar 27, 2016
My dream is that this business will take me outside the shores of this country where I will be going to supply snakes to people abroad.”

grin grin cheesy
Re: Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters by Bollinger(m): 6:29am On Mar 27, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Hhahahahaha, for what you just wrote now, l am going to train as a snake charmer and bring 5 Cobra to your house, expect me in 4 days from today, l will fly from my base and meet you in your location, l am coming with British airways..hahahaha.....kidding with you, to be honest, l detest snakes, whenever l see them, l shiver, l remember few years ago when l was in lagos, l was going to check the level of construction on my building site, l saw a small brown snake, oh my gosh, l was scared to my pants.....hahahaha grin grin grin

There is nothing like a small snake. To me, they are all the same slithery phuckers. God knows why he created them.

1 Like

Re: Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters by ewizard1: 12:44pm On Mar 27, 2016
bughead:
illiterate!

you are eating it with alcohol and expect your skin to refresh undecided

you are killing yourself and you don't know it.

But i think you... are the illiterate here!

FYI, he is only quoting a report... He isn't the one eating it!
Re: Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters by AyakaDunukofia: 12:54pm On Mar 27, 2016
huntax:

You know, now that you mentioned it, a goat walks on all fours.
Good observation. Among those that walks on all fours, God made it abundantly clear that you can only eat those that chew cud and whose hoof (finger or toes) are split. Therefore goat, sheep's and cows are clean animals. Camel, no, because it has no split hoof even though it chews cud.

Leviticus 11..1-47
Re: Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters by bughead: 1:22pm On Mar 27, 2016
ewizard1:

But i think you... are the illiterate here!

FYI, he is only quoting a report... He isn't the one eating it!
and I think you are the other illiterate!

I'm referring to the one who is doing the eating not the one who is doing the report undecided
Re: Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters by ewizard1: 1:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
bughead:
and I think you are the other illiterate!

I'm referring to the one who is doing the eating not the one who is doing the report undecided
Maybe you should check again or ask someone around you to help you figure out how much illiteracy has dealt with you.

You quoted the OP directing your post post at him. You sabi english at all? grin

Why not read again?

Its like saying this my post was not referring to you but another NLer when ;
1. I quoted your comment
2 I used the term "YOU"

grin grin grin
Re: Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters by bughead: 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
ewizard1:

Maybe you should check again or ask someone around you to help you figure out how much illiteracy has dealt with you.

You quoted the OP directing your post post at him. You sabi english at all? grin

Why not read again?

Its like saying this my post was not referring to you but another NLer when ;
1. I quoted your comment
2 I used the term "YOU"

grin grin grin
go eat some SHIIT!

me don't have your time now.
Re: Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters by huntax(m): 2:10pm On Mar 27, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:

Good observation. Among those that walks on all fours, God made it abundantly clear that you can only eat those that chew cud and whose hoof (finger or toes) are split. Therefore goat, sheep's and cows are clean animals. Camel, no, because it has no split hoof even though it chews cud.

Leviticus 11..1-47
Guess God was just trying to keep the wildlife going, cos basically, according to the scripture, we are only allowed to eat cattle and sheep. It's amazing how they aren't extinct already.
Re: Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters by ewizard1: 2:12pm On Mar 27, 2016
bughead:
go eat some SHIIT!

me don't have your time now.
tongue
Re: Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters by semasir: 9:09am On Mar 28, 2016
I dunno where they get their sources from my brother.... Join and share news stories on Badagry via www.badagryforum.com and let's promote Badagry jare

iamclime:

A point of correction: There is no "Snake Market" in Badagry. What we have is a Fish Market ("Whevihi" or Oja Eja) which holds every nine days. Several of the fish sellers also sell dried or smoked snakes. But the major wares in the market are fish, crayfish/prawns, crabs, and other seafood. Badagry, a place of culture, history, and tradition. #irepBADAGRYanyday!
Come visit soon.
Re: Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters by semasir: 9:12am On Mar 28, 2016
That's the Total Filling Station....its called WHEVI and not WHEVIHI

You can join and share news stories on Badagry via www.badagryforum.com!

4nobody4every1:
You are correct, l have driven to that market several times and l know it is mainly fish, vegetables and fairly used okrika shoes, bags and other items they sell their, so it is not really a snake market as depicted by the Op...l normally park by the filling station close to the market and sometimes drive to the cool waterside to relax, they also sell snake meat in the market but it is not a snake market.. cool
Re: Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters by AyakaDunukofia: 5:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
huntax:

Guess God was just trying to keep the wildlife going, cos basically, according to the scripture, we are only allowed to eat cattle and sheep. It's amazing how they aren't extinct already.

So, it seems. That is the "purity" we seek before God through religion.

Having not gone extinct was the spiritual indication for those God offered us to eat. Even though we've munched them through thousands of years. While the wildlife have almost gone extinct?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi / Man Catches Big Python In Delta, Butchers It For Pepper Soup (Photos) / How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.