Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Help!!! Should He Involve Human And Child Right? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! Should He Involve Human And Child Right? (809 Views)

Mother And Child Die After Falling Into A Well In Adamawa (Disturbing Photo) / Help!!! Should I Go On With My White Wedding? / HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Should He Involve Human And Child Right? by Hysmady(m): 8:59pm On Mar 26, 2016
A very close friend of mine lost their mother back in 2011 without knowing the cause of his mother's death till date...Not less than a year their dad married another wife and ever since this woman stepped into their house, their house has been upside down ,treated the children like outsider to the extent that their dad changed to them badly and he kinda turn his back against his own children (not caring about what their stepmom does to them)family,neighbours, their late mother's family and friends...Their dad also warned them not to see their late mother's mom and family again,he also informed them not to report their stepmother wicked act to anyone...Ever since the woman stepped into their house she has been cruel and causing atrocities almost everyday...Fast forward to today,he visited me and he looked so annoyed and furious,he told me his stepmother flogged his little sister of 15 years with full rage and anger in the presence of their dad (their dad didn't see it as a big deal) without any big reason leaving a huge mark on his sister's back and hand and it sounds stupid in the ears that she has no right to beat or lay her hands on her stepchildren, she also threatened him( my friend ) to leave his father's house undecided just imagine that...This is not the first time she do this as she has been doing that for long and it has been overlooked...

So I suggested he should report to human and child right before this issue get out of hand since no close relative can intervene in their family matters!
So my fellow nairalanders...I deeply need ur advice as this is a huge step to carry but helpful...thanks
Re: Help!!! Should He Involve Human And Child Right? by Lovetinz(m): 9:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
How old is your friend?
Re: Help!!! Should He Involve Human And Child Right? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
well what are they waiting for? is it until the woman poisons them before they go report?

he should report asap and both of them should go stay with relatives who would have them both.
Re: Help!!! Should He Involve Human And Child Right? by Hysmady(m): 10:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
Lovetinz:
How old is your friend?
He's just 20 years old
Re: Help!!! Should He Involve Human And Child Right? by Tolatutu: 10:43pm On Mar 26, 2016
Since there are minors involved you should report the abuse to an appropriate NGO . The only thing is they need to starting getting in touch with their grandparents on their mothers side. That way if the father and step mother try to kick them out after they are reported or abuse them more , the NGO will be able to take them to the grandparents place. They need to have a place they can move to because that woman will be even more wicked once she's reported . So let your friend start talking to the grandparents and see if they'll be able to take them in with the help of the NGO.

Please keep us updated. Pray they get help soon
Re: Help!!! Should He Involve Human And Child Right? by Hysmady(m): 10:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
Thanks for ur replies!...Really appreciate
Re: Help!!! Should He Involve Human And Child Right? by Hysmady(m): 10:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
Thanks for ur replies!
Re: Help!!! Should He Involve Human And Child Right? by Lovetinz(m): 11:00pm On Mar 26, 2016
NGO, NGO
Nobody actually gave you the name and contact of an NGO.

Tell your friend thus:
Go to your Local Government Office.
Ask for the Child Welfare Unit.
You may be asked to fill a form.
It will thereafter become a Government case.
Re: Help!!! Should He Involve Human And Child Right? by Hysmady(m): 8:42am On Mar 27, 2016
Lovetinz:
NGO, NGO
Nobody actually gave you the name and contact of an NGO.

Tell your friend thus:
Go to your Local Government Office.
Ask for the Child Welfare Unit.
You may be asked to fill a form.
It will thereafter become a Government case.
My friend is kind of scared because he thinks his dad may not support their education and provide their needs after reporting the case! Advice sir
Re: Help!!! Should He Involve Human And Child Right? by Lovetinz(m): 8:55am On Mar 27, 2016
^^^ It is getting worse.
Nobody can compel the Dad to fund his Education.
The best option will be to take his case Relatives.
for example -Who will show up as the next senior family member if the Dad dies today?
He is not in a good position for a confrontation if he is still being fed, housed and schooled by his Dad.
He might just have to bear the punishments till he is economically independent.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Had Kids / A Man Is Not Only Useful For His Financial Capability In The Family / Things You Must Do For Your Family To Experience Better Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.