Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon (22357 Views)

80 Kidnapped Chibok Girls Freed By Boko Haram / "Buhari's Men Kidnapped Chibok Girls" - Fani Kayode / FG Sends Nta Ekpo On Compulsory Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by seacoast(m): 9:31am On Mar 27, 2016
Obibye:
Please for them to go and do what exactly
to see her.... Lol... Just two parents going to identify 1 out of about 270 so called kidnapped girls. Funny.... This is the right time to shout BRINGBACKTHEGIRL

1 Like

Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by Ijaya123: 9:32am On Mar 27, 2016
But how many of the parents will they send to Cameroon to identify only one girl? There must surely be a better way to handle this.
Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by aloeman15(m): 9:36am On Mar 27, 2016
But...
I thought we had all their pictures and details? You can't send the info to cameroon?!
And how many of the parents are you sending to id ONE girl? Una well atall?!
Abi you think air travel is the panacea to all problems?
*I just had to modify to add this- '#BRINGBACKTHEGIRL'!
Guy, you funny die.
Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by ndukwejoe(m): 9:42am On Mar 27, 2016
handsomeclouds:
And so?
Must this make the dailies?
Well I wish the parents goodluck
This APC Na scam. Thought PMB promised to lead the war against BH in person and rescue the girls in two weeks.
After a year they have just been able to gets leads on just one girl.
BTW How many days will PMB spend in Nigeria and when next is PMB visiting Nigeria?
you have been shouting this scam thing for a long time, don't you think this is getting hackneyed, insipid and boring, pls come up with a better criticism.

1 Like

Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by joxiri: 9:42am On Mar 27, 2016
Wouldn't it have been wiser to bring these girls back to Nigeria
Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by namdo(m): 9:45am On Mar 27, 2016
just get the names of the girl/s cross checked with the chibok school register for the 2014 session abi term.
Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by vecman22(m): 9:46am On Mar 27, 2016
handsomeclouds:
And so?
This APC Na scam. Thought PMB promised to lead the war against BH in person and rescue the girls in two weeks.
BTW How many days will PMB spend in Nigeria and when next is PMB visiting Nigeria?

olodo..empty head

1 Like

Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by Eeroh95(m): 9:50am On Mar 27, 2016
Something deep down tells me that this chibok girls story is a lie....
Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by macaranta(m): 9:50am On Mar 27, 2016
undecided
Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by AntiWailer: 9:54am On Mar 27, 2016
chigoizie7:
What a wasteful administration/government.

Which is cost effective?

To bring the said girls down to naija in a gathering of all chibok parents somewhere in borno?

Or

To bundle all the parents to cameroun?

By their names u shall know them.

they said 2 of the parents. they can go there identify and talk to her.

the information they might be able to extract, no securiry force can.

and for all those shouting bring the girl. the girl commited a crime against Cameroon and cnt jst be released to Nigeria like that.

understand simple diplomatic things before you type

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by DamieJos(m): 9:57am On Mar 27, 2016
[color=#550000][/color]
ceometromedia:
The Nigerian government is wasting no time in sending parents from the Chibok community of northeast Nigeria to neighbouring Cameroon to verify whether a suspected female suicide bomber is one of the schoolgirls abducted by Boko Haram nearly two years ago.

And the need for urgency is further underscored by the fact that the would be bomber speaks English, Kanuri and Hausa and told interrogators she was attending school in Chibok before she was captured, according to local newspaper, L’oeil du Sahel.

Garba Shehu, spokesperson for Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari, said the Nigerian High Commissioner in Cameroon, Hadiza Mustapha, has been in contact with Cameroonian authorities who have shown a willingness to assist the Nigerian government.

The abduction of about 270 school girls by Islamic militants from a school in Chibok on April 14, 2014, sparked international outrage and a campaign #bringbackourgirls. While about 50 of the girls managed to escape, 219 of these girls remain missing.

Military and local government sources on Friday reported that one of two girls arrested in northern Cameroon carrying explosives claimed to be one of the missing Chibok schoolgirls.

The girls were arrested after being stopped by local self-defence forces in Limani near the border with Nigeria that has been the target of frequent suicide bombings in recent months.

“We hope that the Chibok parents will be able to identify the girl and determine whether she is indeed one of their missing students,” Shehu told the Thomson Reuters Foundation in a telephone interview in Abuja on Saturday.

Shehu said the government was keen to ascertain the girl’s identity so she can be brought back to Nigeria and possibly assist the government in investigations regarding the fate and whereabouts of the other missing Chibok girls.

He said the two parents from Chibok selected to embark on the trip to Cameroon are Yakubu Nkeki, chairman of the Chibok Abducted Girls Movement, and Yana Galang, the group’s women leader, whose 16-year-old daughter Rifkatu is among the missing.

The trip is being arranged by the government in partnership with the Murtala Muhammed Foundation in Nigeria, a non-government organisation which has been supporting the parents association and has offered to partly sponsor the trip to avoid any delays.

“If it is true, we are very happy about it. If we see her with our eyes, we will know where our girls are,” Galang told the Thomson Reuters Foundation.

Shehu said the two girls will be brought by the Cameroonian government to Douala, the country’s largest city, on Monday for further checks into their identities.

Former Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan was criticized for his slow reaction to the Chibok abductions, seen by many as indicative of his response to Boko Haram, which at its strongest held large swathes of northeastern Nigeria.

Muhammadu Buhari, who defeated Jonathan in a 2015 election, ordered a new investigation into the kidnappings in January.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/03/buhari-sends-parents-of-kidnapped.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by kliverpool(m): 10:01am On Mar 27, 2016
Funny when they can send the pix via watsapp or any other electronic means and print 270 copies and send to the parent for identification .

1 Like

Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by DamieJos(m): 10:04am On Mar 27, 2016
PMB promised that in 3 months , he was going to bring the abducted chibok girls back home to their parents. No sign of that after 10 months. Economy has no direction, fulanis killing communities $ farmers in hundreds daily with the govt doing nothing. Haba ! This wasn't why we voted for change.
Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by Davland(m): 10:06am On Mar 27, 2016
haulagehandlers:
how are they on their own please explain

So if a kidnapped child from Nigeria is found in iraq,d best thing to do is not to send his/her parent down there,THIS IS NOT PTA naah undecided

I think dats d duty of our ambassador or d ministry in charge of our foreign affair

My thought though
Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by hakanai(m): 10:07am On Mar 27, 2016
AntiWailer:

and for all those shouting bring the girl. the girl commited a crime against Cameroon and cnt jst be released to Nigeria like that.

Guy its people like you who think reasonably that understand. The wailing folks here will do anything stupid to castigate at every instance. You wonder if they ever sit to think.
Someone tried to attack a nation and you just simply ask that the nation send her back to you! Also you take a register with some old photos probably not up to date. since the incidence to check from Naija and confirm someone identiy? Na wah!
The ideal thing which our embassy has done will be to contact the country. then we bring someone we feel can verify if the person in question is even Nigerian in the first place before we look into the Chibok aspect. Chibok or no Chibok girl if she is Nigerian it should be as important.
All the same i wish is the Chibok girl. As it would bring some hope and news good or bad on the other chibok victims. Kudos FGN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by siraj1402(m): 10:13am On Mar 27, 2016
Believe me this might lead to where about the girls God willing.
Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by skot: 10:34am On Mar 27, 2016
handsomeclouds:
And so?
You are obviously advertising your ignorance, why should it not make headlines? , was ur sister abducted? Are you from chibock?are u a parent? Do you know the actual reasons these children have not been rescued? Please enjoy your Easter n shut up.

1 Like

Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by GodsOwnFav(m): 10:37am On Mar 27, 2016
Common sense will tell us that it is better their pictures or a video clip of those girls is just enough for their parents to identify them, rather that transport just two parents to cameroun when it is not certain that any of the girls or both would be identified by them....and be rest assured that some idiots will benefit financially, from this senseless trip.

This trip is absolutely unnecessary! Send them pictures or video or better still, bring them to Nigeria, they are Nigerians afterall! Clueless Leaders!
Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by alatbaba1(m): 10:42am On Mar 27, 2016
Which one is wise? To send all the parents to Cameron or bring the girl to Nigeria for verification.
Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by Remii(m): 10:42am On Mar 27, 2016
JaypeeAnics:
APC pls stop dis scam.....there r no missing chibok girls.....if there were missing.....y did obi ezekwesili stop d bringbackourgitls campaign after d election..... OK I get.....No campaigning after elections.
. So the Cameroonians are APC members?
Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by codedguy1(m): 10:46am On Mar 27, 2016
GodsOwnFav:
Common sense will tell us that it is better their pictures or a video clip of those girls is just enough for their parents to identify them, rather that transport just two parents to cameroun when it is not certain that any of the girls or both would be identified by them....and be rest assured that some idiots will benefit financially, from this senseless trip.

This trip is absolutely unnecessary! Send them pictures or video or better still, bring them to Nigeria, they are Nigerians afterall! Clueless Leaders!

Every thing about this country is a scam. I totally agree with you that some id1ots will benefit from this and is the main idea behind this trip.

If any parent is going to cameroon it shud be the parents of the girl after confirming from pictures/video.

If the girl can remember that she is one of the chibok girls then there many things she would be able to verify to confirm she truly is.

1 Like

Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by chigoizie7(m): 11:12am On Mar 27, 2016
AntiWailer:

Maybe because of my name, u even failed to reason well.

Are the two parents selected and sent to cameroun the parents of the girl?

The last time I checked, my parents only knew my few friends I introduce to them, @ some point, they can't even recognise them.

How can 2parents know if actually she is one of the abducted chibok school girls, the last time I checked, they were 270.

Let me also ask u, when u were in school, did u parent know every member of ur class as to be able to identify them?

What if the two parents go there and couldn't recognise the girls, another two parents will also be dispatched?

Like I said, gather all the parents in one place in bornu state, then bring the said student up, so that the real parent can identify her. It is as simple as that.
Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by AntiWailer: 11:28am On Mar 27, 2016
chigoizie7:

Like I said, gather all the parents in one place in bornu state, then bring the said student up, so that the real parent can identify her. It is as simple as that.

That girl committed crime against Cameroon as a nation.
They won't release her to come to Borno just like that.

On the 2 Parents going to see her. They can ask questions that will make them identify if she is one of the girls. Even if they can not identify her immediately.

Asking for her teacher, Principal, class members of her close pals etc will go a long way. we are talking about a settlement not the whole school.

understand basic things before you comment.
Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by Obibye(m): 11:40am On Mar 27, 2016
seacoast:
to see her.... Lol... Just two parents going to identify 1 out of about 270 so called kidnapped girls. Funny.... This is the right time to shout BRINGBACKTHEGIRL
Nigeria funny die
Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by KEMZY4CHANGE(m): 11:43am On Mar 27, 2016
Photographs of the all the girls is sufficient to identify these two girls and return them back to their parents.
Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by chigoizie7(m): 11:44am On Mar 27, 2016
AntiWailer:

That girl committed crime against Cameroon as a nation.
They won't release her to come to Borno just like that.

On the 2 Parents going to see her. They can ask questions that will make them identify if she is one of the girls. Even if they can not identify her immediately.

Asking for her teacher, Principal, class members of her close pals etc will go a long way. we are talking about a settlement not the whole school.

understand basic things before you comment.

We're u not the same person that talked about diplomacy here?

What of the bilateral relationships between naija and cameroun? This is a crime that needs investigations that might lead to the rescue of other kidnapped girls, I don't think cameroun will not be in a hurry to sabotage that efforts as they are also part of the joint team tackling this boko haram menace.

No one is asking u to send her to nigeria permanently, just send her for investigation processes, after investigations, u can the repatriate her back to cameroun to ans for her crimes.

More over, I really don't know how our intelligence forces managed to make this case public, because I don't know what they seem to achieve in that.

The moment the girl was arrested and investigation commence Asap, she should have been brought to Nigeria without the general public knowing about it with an agreement with the camerounian govt.

Maybe we will get to hear about it after everything has been investigated.

They made it public, those that sent the girl out to carry her suicide attacks will relocate with the remaining girls.

Like I said, the 1st thing in any investigative case is the witness to be able to identify the accused physically b4 another thing follows.

What if that girl is a dreaded terrorist that knew everything about the chibok girls as she is also one of the people that kidnapped them?

What questions do u think the parents sent will ask her? Her name? Her friends name? Her teachers name? Her parents name?

Don't u think she can as well give then an information she got from a kidnapped girl she is impersonating?

1st thing 1st, identify the girl 1st, then another thing can follow.
Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by koboko69: 12:02pm On Mar 27, 2016
JaypeeAnics:
Traveling..... can't they bring the girls instead......clueless sets of leaders

And u think the Cameroonian authorities will release someone that wanted to commit terror attacks on her citizen just like that?
Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by Balkan(m): 12:02pm On Mar 27, 2016
So it means that 200 parents will travel to Cameron to identify one Chibok girl.

I when they call this man a dullard, I get angry but he is worse than that. Is it not easier to send the picture of the girl for their parents to identify?

Abokki na Abokki anyday
Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by fusyman(m): 1:16pm On Mar 27, 2016
[quote author=handsomeclouds post=44139361]And so?
Assuming your dad is the president, can you advice him to go on suicide mission to Sambisa and be looking for the girls that the clueless of the past administration gives out cheaply. Stop reasoning like Volkswagen beetle that has its brain at the back
Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by Fearcom(m): 1:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
Look at some of the dull comments people are making.

It's been almost two years since they were kidnapped. With all the torture, rape, deprivation, sorrow, and the fear of death, the facial change will be very significant.
Re: FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon by jzdoberman: 1:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
Of course they WILL come back from Cameroon saying "they have found two of the missing chibok girls" Which we all know is another way of promoting their dictator(bubu) for a 'job' well-done. But the TRUTH here is: There are NO missing chibok girls. Its JUST an APC scam for the gullible ones to believe. Aunty Oby is no where to be found after her active 'role' in bringing back some unknown-missing-girls.
We are(PDP & APC supporters) all going to dance to the piper's(bubu) tunes for the next four years!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian 'Yahoo Boys' Scamming Westerners As Far Back As 1949 / You Are Welcome To Graze In Kogi State- Yaya Bello To Fulani Herdsmen / Buhari Celebrates Tinubu 67th Birthday: "Among Nigeria’s Pillar Of Democracy"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.