Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,459 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... (23097 Views)

Woman Who Rubbed A Bride's Stomach At Her Wedding Confesses / The Face Of A Groom Kissing A Bride On Their Wedding Day Causes Confusion / A Bride & Her Bridesmaid Wear Bathing Suit For Her Bridal Shower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by jamace(m): 12:15pm On Mar 27, 2016
Stop wasting your time and resources on ceremonies. Focus on how to run a good family.
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by fesooyebade(m): 12:23pm On Mar 27, 2016
Send an email to me at fesooyebade@gmail.com 1 million is more than enough for 80 guests.
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 27, 2016
budget of corruption grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by alorax2(f): 12:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
Amopea:
Hello,

I will be getting married in August, and my budget is 1M for 80 guests. But, I don't know how to plan the wedding oo. I hope to have the trad and white wedding on the same day. Pls how do I plan cox I don't think I can afford a wedding planner....*I think their charges can break a neck.

I will appreciate suggestions, opinions and ideas.

Many thanks

Call me, lets chat if u are sincere
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by Naff24(f): 12:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
BiggerBangs:

Have seen someone run his wedding for #500k.
...so whats the fuss, Cut your cloth according to your size undecided.

Buh her size is 80 guests while her cloth won't be enough for that,
Why can't she cut it according to her available cloth??

Abi wat do u think?

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by Maderichbox(m): 12:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
Here are 7 small wedding ideas to help you organize an intimate but classy Nigerian-style wedding with fewer guests:
In a previous article, I told you that there are 2 different types of small weddings – and why you need to be clear on which type you want have, in order to get your planning right. Once you know the type of small Nigerian wedding you want, follow the steps below to plan it:

#1. Set the Wedding Date
You need to have this date at the back of your mind when renting venue, shopping or hiring vendors – everything must be done and completed in good time, before this date. Most brides get stressed because of the rush when their wedding date is close by and a lot has not been done. So. it helps starting right after the marriage proposal/
engagement.

#2. Keep the Parents Informed Early
Every Nigerian parent has been looking forward to that day when they would call everyone they know to the wedding ceremony of their child– you know, they love it the-bigger-the-merrier. So, it can be hard convincing a Nigerian parent that their son/ daughter wants to have few wedding guests – why would anyone want to deprive them of the joy of sharing a family celebration with plenty, which had always been the ‘tradition’. To avoid, or reduce, protests from close families, and also ensure that they cut down their guest list, it is advised that you let both families (bride’s and groom’s) know ahead of time that you want a small intimate wedding

#3: Keep Your Budget Small
Make a spending budget , but keep it small. Prioritize your expenses by spending the most money on the things that matter most to you, and spend the least money on other not-so-important areas – that’s how to have the wedding you’ve always dreamed of, on a small budget.
For example: if your top priority is having a designer gown and you’re least concerned about bringing a music band, then you may want to splurge on the designer wedding dress and then hire a DJ instead of a band. Another example: if your top priority is having a World class wedding photographer cover your big day, and you’d rather use your father’s backyard as the wedding venue, then by all means do so. It’s all about splurging on your top priority and keeping other areas low key. Remember, it’s not appropriate to cut corners when it comes to catering for your guests.
#4. Stick to Your Budget
When it’s time to start shopping and hiring vendors, stick to your budget – cut out any unnecessary unplanned expense item.
To keep your budget small, skip the unnecessary extras. For example:
make a simple wedding cake with one or two tiers instead of a very tall cake. You may want to forget about wedding souvenirs, cut out having a music band – instead hire a professional DJ – it’s cheaper.
You may also want to have a photographer, but no videographer.
Forget about having wedding reception dress changes – wear your wedding gown for both the church ceremony and reception. Simply focus on giving your guests a good venue, great food and pleasant music.
#4. Keep the Guest List Small
Isn’t it obvious that a small wedding would keep the number of guests small – and expenses lower? After all, why do they call it "small” wedding? So, working backwards from your set budget, you can easily determine how many guests you can afford to feed.
It’s okay to keep the guest list to immediate family only, especially if you (bride and groom) have a large extended family. When planning a small Nigerian wedding, it can be hard to decide who and who to invite/ not invite, use the tips in this post for the simple rules to follow when trimming a guest list. Be aware that you can’t successfully keep away all uninvited guests, but you can try – don’t be alarmed if some show up.

#5. Strategize on How to Limit Unwanted Guests
In Nigeria, weddings are traditionally an invite-everyone affairs. Even if your invitation card reads “strictly-by-invite”, you’re bound to have uninvited guests. And, if you have more wedding guests than planned, you risk having the food get finished – and even some of your important guests may not get food (while the uninvited may have been served first). So, you need to figure out a way to keep unwanted guests away.
Some options to limit the number of uninvited guests include:
hiring some mean-looking bouncers, locating your wedding venue far away from your/ your parents’ home – that means, a day before the wedding, you (bride and groom) have to move in to hotel rooms close to the wedding venue, to ensure that you and your bridesmaids and groomsmen are not late to the wedding.
Other ways to limit uninvited guests include fixing the wedding date on a week day or not-on-a-public-holiday, having a destination wedding in beautiful Dubai (in another Nigerian state or abroad).

#6. Book a Low-Cost Wedding Venue once you’ve made your budget and know the maximum number of guests you want to invite, start searching for a suitable venue that is within your budget and not too big or too small for the guests you’re expecting. If you’re on a budget, low-cost wedding venue options include: to rent a cheap but nice outdoor garden, or a community hall or any other cheap venue. If you have a big backyard, you may even consider having your wedding reception at your backyard – or ask a family friend or relative for permission to use their spacious backyard. To keep the wedding venue decoration cost low, find a hall that requires minimal decoration or a beautiful outdoor venue with beautiful, natural scenery.

#7. Be Honest with Friends
With small weddings, you can’t possibly invite all your friends and office colleagues. You bet, the uninvited among them will feel hurt and bitter, but it’s best to be honest when asked about it – let your friends know that you are keeping the wedding very small and limiting the invitation to close family.
Finally, A Dream Wedding Is Possible If You Keep It Small So, there you have it for our top 7 tips for planning a small wedding in Nigeria. Make sure to read the part 2 here and also read part 3.
On a general note, with a small wedding guest list, you should be able to have your dream wedding, celebrity style. The less money you spend renting a bigger venue and feeding lots of people, the more extras you’ll have to splurge on the things that matter most to you.
For instance, you can choose to spend the savings to buy that designer wedding dress, rent that gorgeous venue, hire that amazing wedding band.

N1m Nigerian Wedding Budget: See What It
Looks Like
So you have One million Naira (N1m) budgeted for your wedding, and not sure how to break it down before you start spending it on wedding things? In this post, I want to show you another wedding budget example – you can see the others here. You will see how a Nigerian couple spent their N1 million naira wedding budget – hopefully, you can use their breakdown as a starting point and later change up things to suit your personal style. See the N1m wedding budget below:
Number of Guests invited: 150
Type of Venue: Indoor reception hall
Total amount spent : N920,400.00 (i.e. nearly N1 million Naira)
SUMMARY OF EXPENSES in Naira (see breakdown below)
Bride and Groom – 194,500.00
Stationery and Souvenirs – 60,000.00
Venue and Decoration – 175,000.00
Food and Drinks – 202,500.00
Entertainment and Visuals – 135,000.00
Miscellaneous (other things) – 153,400.00
DETAILS OF WEDDING EXPENSES (N1 MILLION NAIRA)
Bride & Groom’s Wedding Things New wedding gown purchase 55,000.00
Bride’s shoes 7,500.00
Bridal Accessories: bouquet, veil, headpiece; earrings, necklace etc 10,000.00
Bridal beauty: Hair/ Nails/ Makeup 15,000.00
Wedding rings (bride + groom) -GL or Gold 50,000.00
Groom’s Shoes 25,000.00
Groom’s wedding suit 15,000.00
Groom’s Accessories (e.g cuff links, belt, flower boutonniere /pocket-handkerchief) 15,000.00
Groom’s Grooming (e.g haircut, beard shaving) 2,000.00
Stationery & Souvenirs
Invitation cards & program printing 15,000.00
Souvenirs to gift guests 45,000.00
Venue & Decoration (for Reception) – an indoor reception hall Venue hire (incl. necessary rentals such as canopy tents, chairs) 150,000.00
Decoration: venue, bride n Groom’s cars, venue décor
Reception Food & Drinks
Wedding Cake (assuming N150/ guest count) 22,500.00
Food (Assuming (N1000/ head) 150,000.00
Drinks/ Juice/ Water (Assume: N200/ head) 30,000.00
Reception Entertainment & Visuals Photography &/or Videography 100,000.00
Master of Ceremony (MC) 10,000.00
DJ only (No Music Band) 25,000.00
Miscellaneous Expenses – 153,400.00
According to one of our married readers (Zainah num), an example of what to include in the miscellaneous section are expenses for family members (groom’s/bride’s parents and siblings’ outfits, transportation and more). This is where your parents and siblings cannot afford to take care of themselves.

1 Million Naira Wedding Plan
That’s it on the One Million Naira Wedding budget example. Now that you’ve seen what it looks like, go and prepare your own budget using ideas from this post – I expect you to modify things to suit your taste

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by darlenese(f): 12:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
Akshow:
chill dude. One million can be managed for 80 guests. Is it not just a one course meal?

Did u say manage? , with that amount u can host over 500 guest sef

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by mickyus4uyahoo(m): 1:03pm On Mar 27, 2016
My name is Dj Shy shyne Micky. Am a wedding Dj. Also Treasurer 5o Dj Ass of Nigeria.
I can take up ur dj event for 35k. This including Music, microphone, video mix to display ur pictures on projector while in d reception.
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by fortunechy(m): 1:04pm On Mar 27, 2016
80 guest for 1m...........u ar sick.u better ask google or ur yard pple....mchteeeew!!!!!!next plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by gohzieh(m): 1:05pm On Mar 27, 2016
Amopea:
Hello,

I will be getting married in August, and my budget is 1M for 80 guests. But, I don't know how to plan the wedding oo. I hope to have the trad and white wedding on the same day. Pls how do I plan cox I don't think I can afford a wedding planner....*I think their charges can break a neck.

I have a very cheapest planner, he is into coverage but since you have a budget e can do less and plan for free. But you have to pay for the video coverage which is affordable. Fm for his details. I will help put some words for you.
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by suzyberry(f): 1:22pm On Mar 27, 2016
Let me give u d few tips I used:
1) the wedding hall: I looked for d cheapest one around my area, church hall. Beautiful environment. Over adequate parking space, and security also d hall was big, all at 200k.
2) bought my wedding gown when d bridal shop was having sales at half d cost.
3) paid for the wedding decoration wen d decorator was doing promo ahead. Huge saving with place settings included.
4) mumsy did all d cooking, jus got servers and ushers. Everyone had more dan enough.
5) organised d souvenirs mysef, jus handed it over to friends dt I trust for d sharing.
6) my cousin and sister handled aso ebi wahala.
7) got my traditional wears at a cheap cost, went as far as iseyin in oyo state. Showed dem d design and it was delivered to Lagos.all included at no extra cost.
cool I bought affordable and comfortable shoes and accessories. Friend did make up, hair, nails and dt of my bridal train at a subsidized rate .
9) Husband sowed his suit and dt of best man. It was nice.
Overall, look for people that will help you save cost but don't compromise on standard. Hope dis helps you.

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
Amopea:
Hello,

Many thanks

Send me a PM, if you reside in Lagos and the wedding will take place in Lagos.
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by Payshence(f): 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
Amopea:
Hello,

Many thanks

Dear Op,if you need professional Hostesses for your wedding kindly contact our office line on 08027101940.Congratulations inadvance.Cheers!
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by iamclime(m): 1:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
Talk to me. I have over ten years experience in event planning and management, specializing in Weddings. Check my number in my signature or send me a PM. What I can assure you is that you don't need 1m for the wedding, unless, of course, you wanna show off or please people. We can discuss the details. I can give you some tips and also help you with affordable events VENDORS ( photographers, cake makers/caterers, decorators, makeup artists, DJs, rental services, etc)
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by justmenoni: 1:53pm On Mar 27, 2016
Op 1m for 80 people maka why

Cut down the cost to 500 and save the other 500 for the days ahead cos most lousy or expensive wedding dey always get kleg ooo unless you're well connected

Amopea:
Hello,

Many thanks
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by Flawlessangel(m): 1:58pm On Mar 27, 2016
lasisi69:
End time #1m budget
too small or too big?
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by Flawlessangel(m): 2:00pm On Mar 27, 2016
Ayanko:
chart with me on wats app. Check my signature.

its chat with me,, not chart with me.

Incase of next time

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by lasisi69(f): 2:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
Flawlessangel:

too small or too big?
can only say for myself... For now, its too big... Maybe later, its no big deal
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by upuphim(m): 2:40pm On Mar 27, 2016
Google Adonai and Comoli Ventures blog. We have useful tips there. You can also patronize us.Happy married life in advance.
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by Kyllahmc(m): 3:03pm On Mar 27, 2016
oya over to the married crew
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by daclint(m): 3:23pm On Mar 27, 2016
if u need a good photographer, I'm your guy, check my profile
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
Amopea:
Hello,

Many thanks
Aunty Amope inbox me jare, that's my job, wedding planner,I'm currently preparing for my Brother wedding somewhere in Ondo state,our budget is a bit far from M1 because it is Traditional wedding. If you don't mind I can plan it for you. Thanks God bless you
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by marypearl(f): 3:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
spend wisely, do the right things you will collect change self
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by HRHF: 3:52pm On Mar 27, 2016
[b][/b] My bro use 1 million for over 200 people and it was morethan enough. you dont need any wedding planner spy around and put heads together.. Aal izz well

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by deluxecad(m): 4:24pm On Mar 27, 2016
``
fortunechy:
80 guest for 1m...........u ar sick.u better ask google or ur yard pple....mchteeeew!!!!!!next plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most pitiable of all, that's what describes you for such a daft & unhelpful post.
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by fkj950ax(m): 5:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
Dear OP,
If you will kindly send a very brief gist on your expectation of what you want atbyour wedding to .
We can deliver on less than N1m, provided you keep your guest at 90. That's 10 more than you posted.
Let's talk after your brief.
Thanks
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by Aitee1: 5:45pm On Mar 27, 2016
mickyus4uyahoo:
My name is Dj Shy shyne Micky. Am a wedding Dj. Also Treasurer 5o Dj Ass of Nigeria.
I can take up ur dj event for 35k. This including Music, microphone, video mix to display ur pictures on projector while in d reception.

I love this concept of displaying pictures on projector during reception but my location is akwa ibom can you deliver?
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by Moz22: 5:53pm On Mar 27, 2016
lasisi69:
End time #1m budget
ayam telling u..nice to have u bck to what we knw u as..Endtime op

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by DonBenny77(m): 5:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
kowema:
Lolllzzz.

I heard of a wedding that went like this.
Bride and groom shared church address only .
Peeps came to church and after church everyone went home cus it was like no reception or nobody knew d venue.
Fast forward till evening same day, those who had the I.V for reception gathered at the venue by 4pm.
Venue was Asia town in Port Harcourt, A Chinese restaurant. Bride and groom booked for only 40 guests at #4,500.
Lolzzzz.

That's how dey boycotted plenty plenty ceremonial crowd and cost.
You can try dis style @ Op

nice one bt b ready cos u will incure d wrath of friends u didnt invite wen they find out n im sure they will.......lolzzz
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by DonBenny77(m): 6:00pm On Mar 27, 2016
all dat money? hire a wedding planner already abi u jus wan show urself for nairaland
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by Oluwawapelumi(m): 6:07pm On Mar 27, 2016
If you don't mind,let's chat on WhatsApp 08066954333.

Introduce yourself as bride to be.

Am confident that we can do business together.
Re: Kindly Help A Bride To Be. ... by appyola(f): 6:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
Dear bride to be,lemme be ur makeup artist. I will give u some discount as per nairaland tins. Check out some of my work on instagram: tibellsmakeovers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muyiwa Ademola Celebrates 10th Wedding Anniversary With Throwback Photos / Two Brothers Drown In Osun River On New Year Day / Davido, Tiwa Savage To Perform In Africa’s Largest E-concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.