Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,730 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP (37960 Views)

NIA Didn’t Get Ikoyi Cash From CBN — Okorafor / President Buhari Has Withdrawn $23 Million From CBN / Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by 1miccza: 3:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
As usual PDP opposers would accuse them and we would ignore such a huge accusation that should be investigated,let's'look beyond partisanship and save this already drowning economy...
Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by PRYCE(m): 3:22pm On Mar 27, 2016
modath:

Alliteration ti take over... smiley

PDP Be Babbling Bullcrap since Yesterday is probably what you meant to type.... cheesy

about the "Thank you" Don't mention, it's in the spirit of the season.... wink

Lol! Happy Easter Miss Modath!
Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by obailala(m): 3:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
Just thinking aloud, if Buhari, the president and C-in-C wants to make a trip to France for example, is he expected to source his forex from those abokis exchanging dollars inside that market? undecided

#JustThinking

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by Deen77: 3:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
Jonathan was so blessed by God with d Oil boom. Crude Oil price increase to $120/$140. There's no excuse for him to failed Nigeria.

Jonathan waste the opportunity to make Nigeria great. The only hope for Buhari is to recover some stolen wealth.

Crude Oil price under PDP $120/$140

Crude Oil price under APC $26/$40.

Kowa party can talk, PDP shot up.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by Deen77: 3:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
XBLadez:
Buhari is a thief!!!

If compare to Jonathan, then I don't know what to call him, IB.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by obailala(m): 3:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
1miccza:
As usual PDP opposers would accuse them and we would ignore such a huge accusation that should be investigated,let's'look beyond partisanship and save this already drowning economy...
What exactly is the accusation here?..... Buhari as the president of Nigeria is going on a foreign work related trip, is he expected to source his forex from the abokis selling dollar under that flyover?.... i'm keen to know what exactly is the accusation here.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by deathmen12: 3:32pm On Mar 27, 2016
Pls can u tell me the diference btwn apc and pdp? Obj, atiku el ruf, saraki, amaechi, let me say 90percent of apc were pdp members, and that 90percent switch over to apc were the most currupt people insid pdp. So stop making noise as if apc members fal frm heaven
amaechi1:
The president is very prudent compare to your financial rascalities. PDP please, return your loot.
Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by deboski60: 3:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
Totally fabricated false, CAN has nothing to do with Presidential movement /travels. The state house is responsible for that. The current administration has reduced the number of travelers to the barest minimum, sometimes less than 20 people

1 Like

Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by deboski60: 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
CBN

1 Like

Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by superstar1(m): 3:35pm On Mar 27, 2016
deathmen12:
Pls can u tell me the diference btwn apc and pdp? Obj, atiku el ruf, saraki, amaechi, let me say 90percent of apc were pdp members, and that 90percent switch over to apc were the most currupt people insid pdp. So stop making noise as if apc members fal frm heaven

The difference is the strong will and undeniable integrity of the men we voted into Aso Rock and not members of their party.

Advise PDP to be more credible and cerebral while playing their role as an opposition party. With this current level of mediocrity, they should simply just hand over the keys 0f Aso Rock to other parties in 2019.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by loomer: 3:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
dimsonu:

'Future' in this country as it stands depends on the individual.

Bro I swear I no understand you. Na future of NIGERIA u de talk about or just our own individual future. Cos if na NIGERIA, then e no depend on just individual. Na all of us responsibility.

We need stand for our right.
Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by wiseoneking: 3:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
[quote author=SUPERPACK post toothless opposition[/quote] How bitter is truth, your likes cant handle it. BRO ZOOMBEY?
Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by simpleseyi: 3:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
360metrosports:

According to Nigeria's main opposition party, PDP, the president has allegedly withdrawn $23m forex from CBN for foreign travel expenses and estacode. See another accusation against presidential spokesman Garba Shehu after the cut..

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/03/buhari-withdraws-23-million-from-cbn-pdp.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

Subtract that from the $2.1 billion that Dasuki shared and give us the CHANGE. if it were in China or North Korea, the idiots making the false allegation without prove would have been publicly executed for the money they collected from Dasuki.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by olutunde12(m): 3:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
dulaman:
Haha. PDP wants to copy Lai Mohammed style of opposition. Unfortunately lai Muhammad did his own with intelligence, facts and swagg that will make you believe even if he is lying.
Lai become the best opposition spokesperson ever liveth...

Pls post the facts he put. Before may 29 last year, they gave no facts you people just believed what ever they said including that os useless sanusi who put 50 billion dollars in somebody's acct.
Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by okolochyke: 3:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
dunkem21:

Ehen for once, you agree that APC is a master of Propaganda ..

On topic, na so PDP tell us about INEC and *Gucci cap owner cheesy

IPOB elder

how are you?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by oc2fish: 3:39pm On Mar 27, 2016
superstar1:
PDP should stop their mediocre opposition status. Has the party gone to the dogs this bad? Where are the legions of intellectuals the party used to boast of?

Do us a favour of shutting up, if it is too hard for you to present irrefutable facts to back your beer parlour gists, just like SR and PT.

The party keeps sinking to the lowest of the lows, bereft of ideas and an embarrassment to the comity of opposition parties all over the world.

Tell us how many trips PMB has spent USD23million on and what the cost of a single trip costs during GEJ's time? Won't that be a good basis for presenting your case?

Bros we are not talking of PDP/APC. Students abroad are suffering and dropping out of school because of PMB policies. Those with politicians fathers are living large. It is only those with civil servant fathers or on Government scholarships that are facing the hardship. Let me tell you this some of us careless the religion, tribes or what ever of the president. We demand for policies that has human face.
Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by Seyitosino(m): 3:39pm On Mar 27, 2016
I guess they were asleep when Dasuki withdrew $2.1 billion. Let's talk abt this first or better still return our money b4 we begin to take u and ur words serious. Bunch of shameless thieves.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by olutunde12(m): 3:40pm On Mar 27, 2016
deboski60:
Totally fabricated false, CAN has nothing to do with Presidential movement /travels. The state house is responsible for that. The current administration has reduced the number of travelers to the barest minimum, sometimes less than 20 people

Awon Weyrey. Let buhari defend himself now! This country is finished!
Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by 1miccza: 3:44pm On Mar 27, 2016
obailala:
What exactly is the accusation here?..... Buhari as the president of Nigeria is going on a foreign work related trip, is he expected to source his forex from the abokis selling dollar under that flyover?.... i'm keen to know what exactly is the accusation here.

So he is expected to source a sum as huge as 23million dollars for a foreign trip right?? If that is not an accusation then what is... You,speaking this big grammar do you fly out of the country with such an amount considering the current exchange rate??Even if u are to travel to a hundred countries??What exactly is wrong with all you partisan folks,has APC and PDP hypnotized all of you??
Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by SUPERPACK: 3:44pm On Mar 27, 2016
[quote author=wiseoneking post=44157828][/quote]toothless wailer
Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by deathmen12: 3:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
U call pmb a man of intergrity? The problm with we nigerians we 4get tins so easily, if not that nigeria is a lawles country, people like pmb, obj, ibb wil nt even try to contest as a lga chairman base on their past record... And wen u talk abt the people around him are stil the same pdp members and they are the pple who brought him to power. Bros 4get naija politicians, they all speak the same language.
superstar1:

The difference is the strong will and undeniable integrity of the men we voted into Aso Rock and not members of their party.
Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
Zombies will be shock when evidence start coming out. APC will not have the gut to sue PDP for defamation on this. Do you think PMB has been using cowries for his numerous trips? With this revelations coming out, I will not be surprise if the CBN governor is sack next week for allowing this information to leak out.......
Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by ogunsbanjul(m): 3:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
I will never take PDP serious because the least among the members then do go away with more than that par week if not par day under disguise of TRANSFORMATION AGENDA. Failed, unreliable and nonsense propaganda

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
Even if 23m dollars is withdrawn, was it done leggally? Did he earn it by law? Those are d things PDP should be telling us. Not d vague 23million dollar has been withdran. Very senseless propaganda. so shallow.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by Mistermamus(m): 3:49pm On Mar 27, 2016
HRich:

Is that all you have to say? Because it's PDP? Would you have argued if APC was the one to say this against GEJ?
no mind am na hypocrite.
Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by superstar1(m): 3:54pm On Mar 27, 2016
oc2fish:

Bros we are not talking of PDP/APC. Students abroad are suffering and dropping out of school because of PMB policies. Those with politicians fathers are living large. It is only those with civil servant fathers or on Government scholarships that are facing the hardship. Let me tell you this some of us careless the religion, tribes or what ever of the president. We demand for policies that has human face.

It is obvious that you are being selfish here and you careless about the others staying in the country.

Your country is broke and our ability to earn foreign exchange has dwindled because of the fall in oil price. That has made the available USD within the countries to be lower than usual and the demand is still the same or it has even increased. Towards the tail end of last administration, looters converted their loots into Dollars and either wired it abroad or kept it home. The late economic polices of the govt and passage of budget also impacted on the confidence of foreign investors in our economy. There was a huge capital flight before election of 2015, because investors were not sure of what we happen to Nigeria and they have not returned ever since(the better for us). All these contributed immensely to the availability of dollars within the economy.

Where do you want govt or CBN to get USD for your school fees, to the detriment of the manufacturing sector that might need raw materials for the goods they produced within the country? Majority of them have started sourcing for local content as raw materials. When the desirable becomes unavailable, the available becomes the desirable. The products of all imported items have sky rocketed. The better for us. We are gradually turning back to our made-in-Nigeria.

Your country is wasting a whooping USD20bn annually on school fees payment!!!! People are now paying for elementary school fees in dollars.

The children of the people lounging overseas are majorly children of looters and God help them if the hands of the law gets to their parents. The hardship and uncertainty is palpable, no doubt, but we are simply paying the price our stupidity of yester years.

Though most banks are still bidding for school fees payments for people outside the country. They cannot guarantee immediate success but they always keep bidding till your request become successful.

I will advise you to tell your parents to go to bank and collect dollar denominated credit card and let them send it to you. With that, you will hedge against this temporary madness.

The country is on the right path and things can only get better. We are making the hard decisions we should have taken at least 7-8 years ago, if not 20..

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by obailala(m): 3:59pm On Mar 27, 2016
1miccza:

So he is expected to source a sum as huge as 23million dollars for a foreign trip right?? If that is not an accusation then what is... You,speaking this big grammar do you fly out of the country with such an amount considering the current exchange rate??Even if u are to travel to a hundred countries??What exactly is wrong with all you partisan folks,has APC and PDP hypnotized all of you??
First of all, the person who made the tweet did not reveal any form of evidence to back his claim. For all I care, it could just be a foolish fabrication by a drunk man holding a smart phone. If I wake up today and say, Jonathan stole $20billion cash from CBN, I would be as silly as the people who believe it even without presenting any single evidence to back my claim.

Secondly, the tweet did not say $23m was withdrawn for 1 trip.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by superstar1(m): 4:01pm On Mar 27, 2016
deathmen12:
U call pmb a man of intergrity? The problm with we nigerians we 4get tins so easily, if not that nigeria is a lawles country, people like pmb, obj, ibb wil nt even try to contest as a lga chairman base on their past record... And wen u talk abt the people around him are stil the same pdp members and they are the pple who brought him to power. Bros 4get naija politicians, they all speak the same language.

PMB is a man of integrity, even is arch-enemies could not deny that, except the wailing wailers and who cares.

I will rather vote for a corrupt PMB 10 times than a saintly GEJ.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by AnanseK(m): 4:01pm On Mar 27, 2016
OreMI22:

[size=16pt]Ask Buhari what he did with $23 Million dollars and you will disappear without a trace!

But if other people withdrew money from CBN outside the approved budget, you will hear Buhari scream Kworruption!

HYPOCRITE !!
[/size]

$23 million is nothing. Even Jonathan's cook and gardener have withdrawn more than that.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by 1miccza: 4:03pm On Mar 27, 2016
obailala:
First of all, the person who made the tweet did not reveal any form of evidence to back his claim. So for all I care, it could just be a foolish fabrication. If I wake up today and say, Jonathan stole $20billion cash from CBN, I would be as silly as the people who believe it even without presenting any single evidence to back my claim.

Secondly, the tweet did not say $23m was withdrawn for 1 trip.

I read this with a source on fb and that's'why i am posting comments. The OP might be right even if he was careless enough not to place his source...Have you ever thought that 23million dollars for even ten trips means 2.3 million dollars for each trip?A trip wthat won't require the payment of a transportation fare??Would he be travelling to host a party??The answer is still "NO"

1 Like

Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by meromero11: 4:03pm On Mar 27, 2016
360metrosports:

According to Nigeria's main opposition party, PDP, the president has allegedly withdrawn $23m forex from CBN for foreign travel expenses and estacode. See another accusation against presidential spokesman Garba Shehu after the cut..

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/03/buhari-withdraws-23-million-from-cbn-pdp.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

PDP!!! Effective opposition is not about talking trash with the intention to run down the country. So what if Garba Shehu gets choice land allocation from the FCT minister. Thank God it's lands not pilfering and squandering of funds meant to combat terrorism and secure the nation. PDP is a party of unpatriotic and heartless Nigerians. For 16years they messed up the country and you want it rebuilt in one year. The rest of us that love this country will join hands with the present government to make a better nation.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Withdraws $23 Million From CBN - PDP by rusher14: 4:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
[b]I cannot say what the total sum of Buhari’s travel comes to but it cannot be cheap.

However, he has not been on a private mission. We have seen him in attendance of various meetings, symposia, state dinners etc.

Funny, many mocked his usual state visits.

I am optimistic that by the time government begins to reel out names of politically exposed persons whose funds have been frozen, and the final figure of such funds in places like UAE, where he visited, we would find that the cost of travel like any business cost is only mere component of total gains.

That notwithstanding, we implore the PDP and indeed sound opposition to provide statistics and facts when throwing their jibes and allegations.

The government needs to work on its public relations and ensure when innuendos are evoked, they can be extinguished with an unequivocal repartee.

Anyhow, the government must continue to cut costs in travel, administration and purchases.

Belt-tightening isn't the preserve of the citizenry, but each and every inclusive of government.
[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unexploded Civil War Bomb Discovered In Oji River / Lai Mohammed Writes CNN On Lekki Shooting / Supporters chant "This is the Structure" during Rally For Peter Obi In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.