Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

The Little Things Of Easter - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Little Things Of Easter (411 Views)

Supernatural Things Of God: The Exclusives Of God's Faithful / Things Of The Past World / THINGS OF THE Spirit(dream And Vision) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Little Things Of Easter by Bperfectionist(f): 4:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
The Little Things of Easter

Have you ever sat down to wonder about the little things of Easter? Or the liberation story everyone talks about with no significance added into their life. Easter is one of the major significance of our very existence, after the mistake of our first parents Adam and Eve.

In that sense,

‘‘what is Easter?’‘

Easter is more spiritual, than it is physical. It represents so much than we can imagine.

One betrayal that ended a man
and gave liberation to many.

As a Nigerian child born in the nineties, there is this feeling that comes with celebrations- the rice and stew with chicken or goat meat that was going to grace my plate that afternoon or the happiness you have realizing that you were not going to school for a couple of days and mum probably won’t bother you to wash your socks or the feeling that comes when you see your extended family and everyone in their ‘Easter clothes’ like we called it. We loved the celebration not Easter!

While growing up, I managed to understand Easter to an extent, although I still considered the physical celebration more significant than the in-depth spirituality that comes with Easter. I still waited patiently every Easter to get my Easter dress sewn and the upgrading of the Easter meal to fried rice and chicken. I counted down days to hours, hours to minutes and finally seconds when I could finally have my fried rice and chicken. As Catholics, we had the obligation of attending the Easter Vigil that had long readings and was sequence filled. I didn’t like the spirituality in it, but I loved the physical celebration!

As a young adult, I’ve tried to understand Easter ….. And although I might not be able to you all there is to know about Easter here’s what I know,

Easter represents victory, that we have been liberated from sickness and diseases, sin, poverty, weakness, and everything that weighs us down.

Easter means that through the blood of Jesus Christ our Savior, we were liberated and we have powers over the malicious plans of the evil ones.

Easter means that your sins have been forgiven.

Easter means that God has not forgotten us and he never will!

Have a wonderful Easter and keep my Easter chicken!

(1) (Reply)

The Christian's Immoral Sense Of Entitlement / Study Masters Or Bsc Over Here With A Good Education / What Are You Hearing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.