Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,708 members, 7,831,213 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted (1980 Views)

EFCC Insists On Power To Intervene In Innoson, Gtbank Dispute / PMB Shocked After Finding Out Yusuf Spent N114m On Power Bikes (details) / Fasola's Confession About Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted by FSU: 7:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
http://skytrendnews.com/2014/07/12/only-guarantee-for-steady-power-is-voting-out-pdp-says-fasola/

Governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Raji Fashola has said that the only way to get uninterrupted electricity supply in the country is to vote out the ruling People’s Democratic Party, PDP from power come 2015.

Fashola made the remarks yesterday at the commemoration of his 2,600 days in office at an elaborate ceremony held at the Blue Roof, Lagos Television premises.

In the area of infrastructural development, he said his government completed so many road projects across the state within the period, noting that 205 roads projects are at various stages of construction in the state.

While responding to various questions from the audience, he said electricity crisis in the country was as a result of lack of ideas and insincerity of purpose on the part of the PDP led, Federal Government.

Read his statement in part:

“I agree that it is possible to generate electricity and to make sure that everybody in this country has electricity. I agree with you it is simple with what we have done in Lagos within the areas where we are constrained showed that it can be done. But the only way you and I will have electricity in this country is to vote out the PDP.”

“In 16 years, hundreds of billions of naira had been spent on power supply and we cannot switch on electricity for the entire country. But in seven years, we (Lagos State Government) have created four plants, it showed that something is missing. Unless you vote for the All Progressives Congress, APC to change an inefficient government, it is going to be difficult to have electricity.

“They started from vision 2020-20 and I told you then that they were having nightmare, that there was no vision. They moved to seven-point agenda and now they are transforming.

“Let me also say that in the last seven years, we need to ask how many new power plants the Federal Government has commissioned because sometimes the power that is coming to Lagos at most is 1000 mega watts often times it is 600, at other times 800 mega watts.”

“I appreciate the problem of distribution of power, that was why the state government established the transformer manufacturing company, which has afforded the state government the opportunity to distribute transformers to several communities in the state.
Re: Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted by hijodedios: 7:40pm On Mar 27, 2016
He was playing politricks with nigerians as usual.lets see what he is gonna say next .
Re: Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted by tomakint: 7:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
One of the most celebrated political jesters of our time.... He was lucky to govern Lagos State (a stupendously rich State in Nigeria) hence, his incompetencies would have long be exposed for all to see. He is always right, competent, brilliant, knows all, can proffer solutions in his own eyes yet we all (those with inner eyes) know that Fashole is one big scammer in politics with little success that does not commensurate with the funds at his disposal while head of Lagos affairs for 8 full years.... Now fast forward to now, his bogus speeches about power in 2014 against the Jonathan government is about to start haunting this over hyped "class captain of mediocre Governors" in Nigeria. Hold Fashola responsible for epileptic power supply

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted by FSU: 8:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
tomakint:
One of the most celebrated political jesters of our time.... He was lucky to govern Lagos State (a stupendously rich State in Nigeria) hence, his incompetencies would have long be exposed for all to see. He is always right, competent, brilliant, knows all, can proffer solutions in his own eyes yet we all (those with inner eyes) know that Fashole is one big scammer in politics with little success that does not commensurate with the funds at his disposal while head of Lagos affairs for 8 full years.... Now fast forward to now, his bogus speeches about power in 2014 against the Jonathan government is about to start haunting this over hyped "class captain of mediocre Governors" in Nigeria. Hold Fashola responsible for epileptic power supply

Hahaha! This one is a goal scored. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted by omololu2020(m): 8:59pm On Mar 27, 2016
FSU:

“I agree that it is possible to generate electricity and to make sure that everybody in this country has electricity. I agree with you it is simple with what we have done in Lagos within the areas where we are constrained showed that it can be done. But the only way you and I will have electricity in this country is to vote out the PDP.”

“In 16 years, hundreds of billions of naira had been spent on power supply and we cannot switch on electricity for the entire country. But in seven years, we (Lagos State Government) have created four plants, it showed that something is missing. Unless you vote for the All Progressives Congress, APC to change an inefficient government, it is going to be difficult to have electricity.
the only solution,is for the state government to be in charge of power
Re: Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted by SleekAboki: 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2016
And Gbawe wrote long epistles to blow fashola sophistication to high heavens. Nobody has since seen his break light. He deactivated and left silently when chains became too burdensome.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 27, 2016
He is a dog now he is licking his vomit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted by Standing5(m): 10:03pm On Mar 27, 2016
FSU:
http://skytrendnews.com/2014/07/12/only-guarantee-for-steady-power-is-voting-out-pdp-says-fasola/

Them wailers want 100 power plant and like 1000km of transmission line in seven months. Pained Hyprocrites Souls they are.

1 Like

Re: Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted by Standing5(m): 10:08pm On Mar 27, 2016
tomakint:
Going by the bold then GEJ is actually guilty cos he spent the highest of presidents we av had. He had oil averaging $108pb during his ineffectual five years as against Buhari's admin Less than $40pb. Plus Fashola has barely be there for 7 months compared to 7 years in the OP article.
Re: Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted by bettercreature(m): 10:11pm On Mar 27, 2016
Bigmillz:
He is a dog now he is licking his vomit
You guys are just illiterates because i wonder why you guys are blaming me the ministers when the budget was just approved few days ago
Re: Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted by tomakint: 10:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
Standing5:
Going by the bold then GEJ is actually guilty cos he spent the highest of presidents we av had.
Why are you shifting the goal post now? undecided why are you so fixated on Jonathan? This is why I don't take you clowns serious again....we are discussing Fashola and out of nowhere you just mention GEJ.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted by LudaChriz(m): 11:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
They will all soon be rooted out

Bunch of hypothetical liars

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted by hakwise(m): 12:13am On Mar 28, 2016
The way we Nigerians relate about issues in this country leaves me to keep wandering where we got it wrong...it beats my imagination to see youths think this way
The budget was just approved some days back...To think that some people really feel when this administration comes on board in like 2 months power would be stable??!!..If u really think like that then I would take it that u don't know the nitty gritty of how these things work..more so since I was born in the 80s Nigeria never for once had stable power...and we never for once attempt to make power work...each adminstration that comes time after time comes to squander....except if ur just an enemy of progress..that is when you wld not exercise some level of patience to see where this administration is heading towards ....The first budget for the first actually fiscal yr of this govt just got approval sm days back.....!!!!! patience is a virtue !! Let's reserve our bullets and wait and see ...bless you people..

1 Like

Re: Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 28, 2016
If GEJ and by extension PDP could not give us stable power supply in 16 years, leaving behind an outdated and comatose power sector, why would anyone believe that Fashola would cure all the ills of the power sector within twelve months.
It simply doesn't make sense.

Give the the man time to get deliver before we begin to crucify him. Rome wasn't built in a day.

2 Likes

Re: Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted by macino1(m): 12:54am On Mar 28, 2016
One chance things
Re: Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted by Mamog(m): 1:08am On Mar 28, 2016
adeaks:
If GEJ and by extension PDP could not give us stable power supply in 16 years, leaving behind an outdated and comatose power sector, why would anyone believe that Fashola would cure all the ills of the power sector within twelve months.

Give the the man time to get deliver before we begin to crucify him. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Fashola said it doesn't take 8 months for a serious government to provide power and that it does not require a rocket science to get it done.
You may also recall that most Nigerians including my humble self watched and prayed for Fashola to become the power minister and he got it so what is the problem? U are advocating for time for him did he not say he can fix power in 8 months abi na me force am talk am?
OK it's too early to disturb ur Fashola Ok where is his blue print to resolve the problem.. Nigerians are not foolish if there is a workable plan people won't complain like this. People are sad because this government doesn't have any plan.. that other man was lucky because his name Is Goodluck but this one no get luck for him name so he needs plenty of planning and hard work to succeed but I'm afraid he doesn't have any plan, doesn't work hard only travelling around.
Re: Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted by freeze001(f): 1:36am On Mar 28, 2016
Mamog:

Fashola said it doesn't take 8 months for a serious government to provide power and that it does not require a rocket science to get it done.
You may also recall that most Nigerians including my humble self watched and prayed for Fashola to become the power minister and he got it so what is the problem? U are advocating for time for him did he not say he can fix power in 8 months abi na me force am talk am?
OK it's too early to disturb ur Fashola Ok where is his blue print to resolve the problem.. Nigerians are not foolish if there is a workable plan people won't complain like this. People are sad because this government doesn't have any plan.. that other man was lucky because his name Is Goodluck but this one no get luck for him name so he needs plenty of planning and hard work to succeed but I'm afraid he doesn't have any plan, doesn't work hard only travelling around.

Blueprint kwa? Oga you are asking for too much na! Shebi he said he's touring the entire country so he can understand the problems of the power sector? Ehen! Na dia we dey na dry wait make him cum back knack us the tory of wetin hom use eye see.

He's not an expert in the area o! But we must wait on him as there are no professionals other than himself. Just like ministry of petroleum that is currently run by a retired military dictator/president.
Re: Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted by Nobody: 4:34am On Mar 28, 2016
hakwise:
The way we Nigerians relate about issues in this country leaves me to keep wandering where we got it wrong...it beats my imagination to see youths think this way
The budget was just approved some days back...To think that some people really feel when this administration comes on board in like 2 months power would be stable??!!..If u really think like that then I would take it that u don't know the nitty gritty of how these things work..more so since I was born in the 80s Nigeria never for once had stable power...and we never for once attempt to make power work...each adminstration that comes time after time comes to squander....except if ur just an enemy of progress..that is when you wld not exercise some level of patience to see where this administration is heading towards ....The first budget for the first actually fiscal yr of this govt just got approval sm days back.....!!!!! patience is a virtue !! Let's reserve our bullets and wait and see ...bless you people..

Patient with a government that sorted angels for six months and ended up with demons. The same government has being throwing stone on glass not knowing they would get to the glass house.
Re: Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted by Nobody: 4:36am On Mar 28, 2016
adeaks:

We will crucify him because he did likewise. Doing so will put him on his toes
Re: Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted by chinchum(m): 5:47am On Mar 28, 2016
There is so much raving madness going on in here, Fashola is 4 months in office, i am a firm believer in his thought process and attention to details, when he is 18 months old in that office (1 year and 6 months) you wailing zombies can troop out so we can compare scores.

exactly 366 days, i voted out a govt who failed to provide stable power supply after spending thrillions on the power sector in over 5 years. Ye shameless supporters of a failed government of 5 years wants a 4 months old in office man to perform miracles. You all need brain scan.

1 Like

Re: Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted by Opinedecandid(m): 5:49am On Mar 28, 2016
Kachukwu, Fashola, Buhari, APC,

RESIGN NOW!
Re: Fasola's 2014 Statement On Power Supply: The Hunter Has Become The Hunted by blackpanda: 6:06am On Mar 28, 2016
These wailers are really dumb goats. After 16yrs of zero performance in power sector, u expect a govt whose budget is barely a week old to do miracles Hopeless buffoons!

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Ize Iyamu Campaigning For APC video emerges / Ipob Split: Ipob Releases Official Statement, Accuses Buhari Of Cluelessness / Federal Government Begins Sale Of Presidential Aircrafts (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.