Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Buhari Get Britain And America Off Our Backs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Get Britain And America Off Our Backs (469 Views)

How Much President Buhari Get Paid Every Month (see The Breakdown) / #EndSARS: Senate Backs Call For Police SARS Scrapping / Buhari Get Blasted On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Get Britain And America Off Our Backs by enlightenedmind: 8:14pm On Mar 27, 2016
Read Post..
The man Harold Smith is not new in Nigerian history. He is one of the architects of the colonial foundation that led to Nigeria’s independence in 1960. I met him in a meeting three weeks ago where he opened up a bit on lingering problems in Africa, especially Nigeria’s unbalanced so-political relationship. We asked if he could make this known to the media. His response was “I am in my 80s now; I have agreed. In the past ‘they’ did not want me to say anything, but now I don’t want to go to my grave without telling the truth about the atrocities perpetrated in Africa by the colonialists.

On a Ben TV programme last Thursday, Harold Smith spoke about what went on behind the scene before independence. The Oxford University graduate had this to say about his role in Nigeria’s pre- and post-independence era. “Our agenda was to completely exploit Africa.

Nigeria was my duty post. When we assessed Nigeria, this was what we found in the southern region: strength, intelligence, a determination to succeed, well established history, complex but focused life styles, great hope and aspirations… the East is good in business and technology, the West is good in administration and commerce, law and medicine, but it was a pity we planned our agenda to give power “at all costs” to (one region), Our mission was accomplished by destroying the opposition on all fronts. The West led in the fight for independence, and was punished for asking for freedom”.

Harold Smith justified the British agenda of colonialism in Nigeria, which he believed was originally to help build Africa after the ruins of slave trade, but lamented that the British only looked after themselves and not Nigerian interest. “The British really let Nigeria down. When I see Nigerians being accused of fraud and from what I saw on the streets of Lagos, the British were the worst fraudsters”, he said.

He said the time has come now to see people of intelligent minds with an open and inclusive agenda for all Nigerians in power, people who will really look after Nigeria’s large population. However, he added: “I still curiously and sorrowfully see now that the British have not let go of Nigeria, her wealth, her future”.

He said that Caucasians now assert themselves as the keepers of the “New Age” keys, adding that it was “only logical for Europeans to maintain their position of power, scientific superiority, economic exploitation; they must continue to perpetuate their lies and falsehoods and this is the most unkind cut of all in relation to the Nigerian situation”.

According to him, Nigeria, a great nation was crippled not because of military juntas or corrupt leaders alone but by the British and American fear of Nigeria’s great future. He confessed, “The fear of the place that will be our ‘dumping ground’ really occupied our minds”. Some of the things he said were not new to Nigerians or to the whole world but hearing it from the horse’s mouth is quite revealing and established more reality zones. He submitted that the colonial masters did a lot of havoc while they were in Africa, and planted time bombs when they finally left. “What we have seen since independence is an administration of new internal colonial masters, fellow Nigerians doing more damage to Nigeria. Instead of detonating the time bombs planted by the British, it is planting mines”.

He added that “It was my duty to carry out all of the above and I was loyal to my country. Nigerians should try to be loyal to their country leaders and followers alike. Love your country. You have got the potentials to be great again and the whole world knows this. I’m sorry for the evil done to Nigeria. I can’t say sorry enough’. My people, this is a great “expo” what do you think

http://www.peoplesdaily-online.com/opinion/letters/4096-harold-smith-on-colonial-britains-hidden-agenda-in-nigeria
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)
Re: Harold Smith On Colonial Britain’s Hidden Agenda In Nigeria by cap28: 3:58am On Jan 31, 2011
And the saga continues, Nigeria is still under the control of Britain, every single leader that nigeria has had since independence (with the possible exception of Buhari) has been an agent of British imperialism and their neo liberal economic policies.

I cant see Nigeria getting out of that arrangement because the consequences will be so severe, furthermore nigerians are not united and will never form a united front to defeat britain's stranglehold on it.

Instead we are more preoccupied with tribalism and placing our hopes in leaders who sold nigeria out years ago.

Is it Goodluck Jonathan that will defy the west and refuse to implement neo liberalism, or will he tell the IMF to sling their hook and take a running jump? not unless he wants to find himself being toppled and replaced with another traitor.

Nigeria is now so far gone that it will take a revolution of the masses to get britain and america off our backs - that will never happen in a country as divided and steeped in tribalism as nigeria.
Harold Smith
Re: Buhari Get Britain And America Off Our Backs by enlightenedmind: 8:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
If he can do two things chase britain and America away. Completely decolonize Nigeria. That will be ok. Then we will have to deal with the problem of the North

(1) (Reply)

Most Fuel Stations Now Sell Petrol Above 130 – Poll / The Insanity Of Buhari’s USA Visit Of Diminishing Returns / Julius Berger Nigeria’s Profit Dips 70% On Lull In Construction Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.