Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Thread For Upcoming And Established Djs - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / Thread For Upcoming And Established Djs (905 Views)

Digital Music Distribution Platform For Upcoming And Indie Artists / Massive Promotion For Upcoming Artists / Free Beats Upcoming And Pro (fl Studio) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Upcoming And Established Djs by leemix(m): 8:44am On Mar 28, 2016
Hello guys, this thread is for all upcoming and established Djs in Nigeria. If you are upcoming you can tell us how far you have gone in your learning process and if you are a fully established you can tell us how long it took you to learn, if you went to a music school or if you learnt under another Dj. You can also let us know how much you purchase or purchased your Dj equipment and where it is sold.

Well, thanks to DJ Jimmy Jatt, DJ Xclusive, DJ Spinall to mention a few that have made the "Djing" profession a more recognized one in Nigeria
Re: Thread For Upcoming And Established Djs by BushDoctor123: 12:15am On Apr 04, 2016
Yeah, am an old skool Dj who has over 30 yrs experience in the industry. I started out on my own cos of the love & passion I have for it. I have used a pair of technics sl1200 mk2 a Kenwood amp (there was no power amp then) two locally built speakers, before moving on to a dual Gemini CD mixer & a 1800 watts warfadel amp/speakers. I latter graduated to an axis9 table top player with two sound prince high range speakers. Am presently on a pair of Demon dn-s3700 plus a numark m6 mixer & a pair of peavey/warfadel double sub & a 4000watt sound blaster amp/combo for feedback, my lappy is a macbook pro & a serato sl4 soundcard. I source for my players/mixer from the US , but my speakers from within. I am not as active as I use to be (I play on special occasion). I have a son who has taken the game a step higher. He is a scratch & a Video Dj who is presently in his final year in the university. He started Djaying at 8yrs but now a master of the game. you can watch him on YouTube ( Dj kool J on campus prodigy). The challenges in the profession are numerous; one is seeing those i call (cut & nail DJ's) with just a laptop, mixer, amp & two miserable speakers sycronising on virtual Dj software and calling themselves DJ's most are shabbily dressed, The profession needs certification now just the way the engnrs, accts, doctors etc are certified in other for us to remove the grains from the chaff & give the profession it desired place in the music industry. "ONE BEAT, ONE VOICE".
Re: Thread For Upcoming And Established Djs by BushDoctor123: 8:43pm On Apr 06, 2016
I noticed of late djs include serial bus mixer into their setup, even with the central mixer in their setup. what advantage does it have in the sound output?
Re: Thread For Upcoming And Established Djs by ClassicMusic68: 12:09pm On May 02, 2016
BONANZA! BONANZA!! BONANZA!!

Ebenz Media

Presents

May Bonanza For Upcoming Artist

Let's help you record that hit song of yours for just #8000 and get benefits like free promotion on facebook and twitter,whatsapp broadcast,access to put your song in MTN Music Plus inorder to make cash from the downloads of your song,connection to shows and direct link to label connect.

Interested artistes should contact Ishola on 07032617747 for bookings and enquiries.

NOTE

This bonanza ends by 31st of May,2016.

You can also contact us on 07032617747 for;

¤ Song Writing

¤ Advert Placements on all platforms

¤ Mixing and mastering

¤ Creation of beat or instrumental

¤Voice over

¤DJ Jingles

¤ Caller tune, Radio/Tv promotion, Alaba mixtape/selection and Online promotion such as itunes,amazon,cloud 9 and other blog sites

¤ Video editing, Video shooting/Coverage

¤ Training on music production

¤ Training on any musical instrument of your choice

¤Voice Training

¤ Graphics/Art Cover

¤ Website/Blog Creation

¤ Logo Designs

¤ Creation of artist page/business page,and all other entertainment services at very cheap and affordable prices you can't resist...We are here to render to you the best of quality service. All services are cheap and affordable. Try us and you'll be glad you did...powered by #Ebenzmedia
Re: Thread For Upcoming And Established Djs by RPDA: 6:45pm On May 08, 2016
BushDoctor123:
Yeah, am an old skool Dj who has over 30 yrs experience in the industry. I started out on my own cos of the love & passion I have for it. I have used a pair of technics sl1200 mk2 a Kenwood amp (there was no power amp then) two locally built speakers, before moving on to a dual Gemini CD mixer & a 1800 watts warfadel amp/speakers. I latter graduated to an axis9 table top player with two sound prince high range speakers. Am presently on a pair of Demon dn-s3700 plus a numark m6 mixer & a pair of peavey/warfadel double sub & a 4000watt sound blaster amp/combo for feedback, my lappy is a macbook pro & a serato sl4 soundcard. I source for my players/mixer from the US , but my speakers from within. I am not as active as I use to be (I play on special occasion). I have a son who has taken the game a step higher. He is a scratch & a Video Dj who is presently in his final year in the university. He started Djaying at 8yrs but now a master of the game. you can watch him on YouTube ( Dj kool J on campus prodigy). The challenges in the profession are numerous; one is seeing those i call (cut & nail DJ's) with just a laptop, mixer, amp & two miserable speakers sycronising on virtual Dj software and calling themselves DJ's most are shabbily dressed, The profession needs certification now just the way the engnrs, accts, doctors etc are certified in other for us to remove the grains from the chaff & give the profession it desired place in the music industry. "ONE BEAT, ONE VOICE".

Can one learn Djaying from u? I'll be so glad coupled with the years of experience.
Re: Thread For Upcoming And Established Djs by BushDoctor123: 9:53pm On May 08, 2016
RPDA:

Can one learn Djaying from u? I'll be so glad coupled with the years of experience.
As mentioned in my earlier post am not as active as I use to, I am into other biz venture & I travel alot. Were is your present location anyway?
Re: Thread For Upcoming And Established Djs by Isholaoni: 6:34pm On May 09, 2016
BONANZA! BONANZA!! BONANZA!!

Ebenz Media

Presents

May Bonanza For Upcoming Artist

Let's help you record that hit song of yours for just #8000 and get benefits like free promotion on facebook and twitter,whatsapp broadcast,access to put your song in MTN Music Plus inorder to make cash from the downloads of your song,connection to shows and direct link to label connect.

Interested artistes should contact Ishola on 07032617747 for bookings and enquiries.

NOTE

This bonanza ends by 31st of May,2016.

You can also contact us on 07032617747 for;

¤ Song Writing

¤ Advert Placements on all platforms

¤ Mixing and mastering

¤ Creation of beat or instrumental

¤Voice over

¤DJ Jingles

¤ Caller tune, Radio/Tv promotion, Alaba mixtape/selection and Online promotion such as itunes,amazon,cloud 9 and other blog sites

¤ Video editing, Video shooting/Coverage

¤ Training on music production

¤ Training on any musical instrument of your choice

¤Voice Training

¤ Graphics/Art Cover

¤ Website/Blog Creation

¤ Logo Designs

¤ Creation of artist page/business page,and all other entertainment services at very cheap and affordable prices you can't resist...We are here to render to you the best of quality service. All services are cheap and affordable. Try us and you'll be glad you did...powered by #Ebenzmedia

(1) (Reply)

SOLD! SOLD!! SOLD!!! Scarlett Focusrite Complete Package + M Audio Keystation / Dee Jay Lessons / studio equipments for auction sale!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.