Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,773 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

What Does This Mean Guys? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Does This Mean Guys? (927 Views)

Message I Received From N-power What Does It Mean? / What Does This Mean (snapchat) / If A Prospective Employer Sends This Kind Of Mail, What Does It Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does This Mean Guys? by nas4q(m): 10:52am On Mar 28, 2016
I decided to change my approach to job search by being creative. I reprogrammed my CV and tailored the cover letter to reflect what the specific employer wants.

The magic is almost instant as I noticed the said employer replies me with an acknowledgement receipt of application. With my former method, I have never received a reply from any of them in over 1,000 applications.

With my new innovations, in barely a week I have sent like 15 applications and I have received like 8. Among them is mtn iLp, British Council, icrc, FEZ Consultants and KNCV Tuberculosis challenge. Does this mean that I am probably among those to be shortlisted for the interview or it's just a normal recruitment routine. Thanks as you clarify.
Re: What Does This Mean Guys? by tunisbaba(m): 11:48am On Mar 28, 2016
Tailoring your cover letter and CV to the specific job description will increase your chances for call for interview but those messages you received after sending your application are auto-generated messages by the e-mail server used by those companies you applied to. They served as notification that your applications were received and not a guarantee for interview.

2 Likes

Re: What Does This Mean Guys? by nas4q(m): 12:46pm On Mar 28, 2016
tunisbaba:
Tailoring your cover letter and CV to the specific job description will increase your chances for call for interview but those messages you received after sending your application are auto-generated messages by the e-mail server used by those companies you applied to. They served as notification that your applications were received and not a guarantee for interview.
Thanks. Your comment is helpful. There is this particular one they said, due to the number of applicants they need to attend to, not all will get d message and that I should know if am not contacted in the next 3 weeks then it means my application is not successful
Re: What Does This Mean Guys? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
Before the count of 1 to five, watch as shameless Nigerian graduates hijack OP's thread by spamming it request for a copy of OP's revamped CV.

Oya on a count of one to five, make una begin spam this thread with una email addresses.

ready

Go!!
Re: What Does This Mean Guys? by tunisbaba(m): 5:21pm On Mar 28, 2016
nas4q:
Thanks. Your comment is helpful. There is this particular one they said, due to the number of applicants they need to attend to, not all will get d message and that I should know if am not contacted in the next 3 weeks then it means my application is not successful
In as much as you send your CV to a particular e-mail address and the message does not bounce back to you with a failure to deliver mail, then application is successful. The decision to call you for interview lies in the hand of the HR after reviewing your CV.

(1) (Reply)

Administrative Assistant At Healthplus Limited / First Bank Graduate Recruitment For Various Position In Currently Ongoing / Registration Has Opened For Jarushub Free Career E-seminar On May 29

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.