Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

6 Reasons Why INTERNSHIP And HOUSE JOBS Need To Be Restructured. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 6 Reasons Why INTERNSHIP And HOUSE JOBS Need To Be Restructured. (434 Views)

Ongoing Internship And Entry Level Jobs At Guinness Nigeria Plc , February 2018 / MTN Nigeria Latest Internship And Global Graduate Development Programme 2018 / Guest House Jobs In Enugu Independence Layout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Reasons Why INTERNSHIP And HOUSE JOBS Need To Be Restructured. by george93(m): 4:42pm On Mar 28, 2016
When I was in pharmacy school in UNN I thought the only obstacle to my soaring high in life was graduating but little did I knw that graduation is a stepping stone to untold unavoidable hardship in medical profession. People in other field of study envy us because we do go for internship or house job before NYSC. I have come to realize that it is a big waste of time because:
1) you will have to know someone that would influence the hospital or industry or agency that your seeking placement. My friend who is a medical doctor graduated since 2014 and he is still seeking placement for his housemanship just because he doesn't know any top official.
2) You cannot practice until you have completed your compulsary 1 yr internship or housemanship program irrespective of how long it takes you.
3) The change administration of PMB has bestowed the renumeration of interns on the hospital and agency where the person is serving. This has forced them to cut down the pay to far much below what was initially paid by government. E.g. NAFDAC used to pay 140k to pharmacists but today they pay 116k.
4) Those that finally maneuver their way into a hospital are faced with a tougher problem of non payment. My serving friend told me that he has served for 7 months and can only brag of 2 months salary. WHY?
5) Some with connections and long legs do go back for a second missionary journey and occupy the space meant for fresh graduates that are yet to get a placement.
6) Those that have gotten placement say they learn on their own as no preceptor has your time whatsoever. They are meant to teach us in the course of the 1 year but most don't even ask of their assignee.
Those in school should better brace up for the huge challenges ahead of them before they can be fully licensed to practice. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE FAST....
Left to me I would say this be scraped off as it adds no value to our practice.

(1) (Reply)

Bakers Needed By SHOMMIES / Civil/building Contractor Needed For A Completion Of Building Structure. / Save The Children Nigeria Limited Job Vacancies (15 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.