Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

High Oil Cost Raises Fears Of Petrol Price Hike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / High Oil Cost Raises Fears Of Petrol Price Hike (916 Views)

FG May Increase Petrol Price To N180 Per Litre / NNPC Crashes The Prices Of Petrol And Cooking Gas Nationwide / Nigerians React To The Possible Increase In The Petrol Price Of 145/litre To 152 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Oil Cost Raises Fears Of Petrol Price Hike by ifyan(m): 4:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
By BusinessNews Staff

A fresh increase in the pump price of Premium Motor Spirit (petrol) may be imminent following the latest rise in the global oil prices, which has pushed the cost of petroleum products up.

And should the Federal Government retain the current prices of fuel, the nation may witness the return of subsidy on the product.

The landing cost of the product stood at N71.49 per litre as of March 18, up from N56.97 per litre on February 12, the latest data from the Petroleum Product Pricing Regulatory Agency showed. This cost of the product was a little less than N86 per litre.

The Federal Government had in December reviewed the pricing template of the PMS to make it sensitive to the price of crude oil in what the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, called price modulation.

The review of the template in December led to a slight reduction in the pump price of petrol from N87 per litre to N86 (for the NNPC stations) and N86.5 (for others).

As of the time of the review, the global oil benchmark, Brent, was trading around $36 per barrel and fell below the $30 per barrel mark in January this year.

On March 18, Brent ........

Read more@http://www.nairausd.com/2016/03/high-oil-cost-raises-fears-of-petrol.html?m=1

Twitter@nairausd

Facebook@IfyAn ify

Re: High Oil Cost Raises Fears Of Petrol Price Hike by ifyan(m): 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2016
Since when Nigerians voted change almost everything became inconclusive.
Re: High Oil Cost Raises Fears Of Petrol Price Hike by Acjohn(m): 7:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
with the any things are going Buhari too would soon see the need to give GEJ an award for good governance.
If you are in support say I
Re: High Oil Cost Raises Fears Of Petrol Price Hike by ifyan(m): 6:27pm On Mar 29, 2016
Acjohn:
with the any things are going Buhari too would soon see the need to give GEJ an award for good governance.
If you are in support say I

True talk
Re: High Oil Cost Raises Fears Of Petrol Price Hike by Eboski(m): 6:48pm On Mar 29, 2016
I am still waiting to see the other tribe take over Ojota freedom Square.......
Re: High Oil Cost Raises Fears Of Petrol Price Hike by ifyan(m): 10:27am On Mar 30, 2016
Eboski:
I am still waiting to see the other tribe take over Ojota freedom Square.......

Guy you funny
Re: High Oil Cost Raises Fears Of Petrol Price Hike by Eboski(m): 10:45pm On Mar 30, 2016
ifyan:

Guy you funny
I am not funny...... fast forward to 2012.
Re: High Oil Cost Raises Fears Of Petrol Price Hike by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 30, 2016
we all knw buhari is a.......... u know the rest grin

(1) (Reply)

Final Burial Rites For PDP In FCT / Channelstv; Effect Of Copy & Paste. / Fuel Will Be N50 By July Says Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.