Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu (10546 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu, Nnpc’s GMD, Others / Dino Melaye: Senate Summons Abu Vc To Appear Today / Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by ozoigbondu: 5:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
Abuja – The Senate on Monday summoned the Minister of State for Petroleum, Mr Ibe Kachikwu, to appear before its Committee on Petroleum Downstream on Tuesday, over lingering fuel scarcity in the country.

The Chairman, Senate Committee on Petroleum Downstream, Sen. Jibrin Barau, told newsmen shortly after an on-the-spot assessment of filling stations in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) that the summons became necessary following the hardship on Nigerians.

He decried that in spite of assurances from the ministry that the situation would be brought under control, it had lingered.

“We have invited the minister of state to appear before the committee tomorrow to tell us about the fuel scarcity problem and the strategy he is employing to solve it.

“We will expect him to give a date when the problem will be resolved permanently; this is the course of action we have taken.

“We are not satisfied because this problem has gone unabated for too long; the situation is appalling and it is a major problem.

“We gave the ministry enough time and space to put its act together to solve this problem.’’
Barau assured that the senate would take a position on the matter after hearing from the minister of state, who is also the Group Managing Director, NNPC.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/fuel-scarcity-senate-summons-kachikwu/?utm_source=&utm

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by ksstroud: 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
Hmmmmm
Let's them keep summoning...
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by babym7681(f): 6:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
LoL. And the president is the minister of petroleum. Is he beyond questioning?

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by ozoigbondu: 6:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
Why are we pretending that kachiukwu is the petroleum minster not bubu

Let's continue deceiving ourselves by going after the junior minster instead of the main one talking

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by ItzTun3chi(m): 6:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
As The petroleum minister,buhari should be summoned not his deputy.if buhari is not capable enuf he should appoint a person to the delicate position

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by SleekAboki: 9:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
When is Mr Buhari the petroleum minister getting summoned to defend his lucrative self apportioned portfolio? He thinks it's all about sipping Niger Delta sweet crude from his Aso Rock office?

Is Mr Buhari beyond questioning or what? Is Buhari a masquerade?

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by Bevista: 9:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
The thing I find most disturbing about the fuel scarcity problem is that there is no coherent explanation as to why it is happening. Starting from policy makers to the Media to the National Assembly, etc, there is no unanimity of opinion as to the cause of the scarcity. One day, we blame Marketers, then Pipeline vandals, then Forex shortage, then Local refineries, then bla bla bla.
---
The communication method/strategy of this administration is so out of sync and uninspiring. It even bothers on arrogance. They think just because they can regurgitate the stale rhetoric of defeat of BH and anti-corruption fight, we should all dance atilogwu for them.
---
I still have implicit confidence in the administration and its direction, but they seem to be too comfortable and moving slower than Snail. Keynes said "In the long run we are all dead" meaning government needs to find temporary solutions to immediate problems, since we may all die waiting for long-term solutions.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by babdap: 9:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
House for thieves

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by Flets: 10:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
Pls who is the minister of petroleum? Why do we have jokers all over this country?

8 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by psychologist(m): 7:25am On Mar 29, 2016
Now is Nigeria not really a failed state?

10 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 29, 2016
Funny!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by Nicepoker(m): 7:26am On Mar 29, 2016
Invite the dullard as well.

8 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by Kelvin0(m): 7:26am On Mar 29, 2016
spent close to 7hrs waiting on a queue to get fuel yesterday. I am not finding this lingering fuel scarcity funny anymore, what i really find funny is the fact that some APC praise singers n sai Baba chanters will still stand and defend their god. I think all Buhari/APC supporters are either aliens or ROBOTS.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by enitanpopoola(m): 7:26am On Mar 29, 2016
Buhari should be summoned not Kachikwu the puppet.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by Kelvin0(m): 7:26am On Mar 29, 2016
When Buhari made himself the petroleum minister, one would have thought he had a fool proof plan on how to manage the petroleum sector n put a life time end to the perennial fuel crisis....little did we know that he was just playing out his script of Tyranny n gross inept.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by Aristotle96(m): 7:27am On Mar 29, 2016
Wait o... Kachikwu post and bihari post abeg which one way be more superior? Why dem come dy summon only one person? :- undecided

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by iamauxin(m): 7:27am On Mar 29, 2016
Our Senate is filled with bunch of people who don't know their left from their right. Is it not worrisome that this is coming after Tinubu asked Kachikwu to resign?
Puppets, that's all I see in the National Assembly

This has been my greatest fear when Buhari declared he will be the minister of Petroleum... The Senate lacks the balls to summon him.

The downward move of our great nation worries me.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by masterblogger(m): 7:27am On Mar 29, 2016
Lol. Kachikwu the scapegoat

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by Phoenixz(m): 7:28am On Mar 29, 2016
I'm sorry but why Kachikwu and not Buhari? Isn't Mr. President the substantive Minister for Petroleum anymore? When will all this 'convenient sacrificial lamb' thing stop. Enough is exactly what it is....Enough! !!!

8 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by sapientia(m): 7:29am On Mar 29, 2016
Is he the minister?

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by princefunmmy(m): 7:29am On Mar 29, 2016
Let me keep my fingers cross and watch this season film... #kachikwuthescapegoat
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by Amazondepth(m): 7:29am On Mar 29, 2016
Hahahahaha.dis Kachikwu don suffer.well in d spirit of easter he can die for Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by alatbaba1(m): 7:31am On Mar 29, 2016
Now Buhari is untouchable I'm nt surprised. APC know the solutions to all Nigeria’s problem before they came to power, I guess now they don't hv a single clue on Hw to run d country. They r jst blaming innocent ppl. They r truly clueless.

Babu Fix Nigeria. That's why we vote for u.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by winniz: 7:31am On Mar 29, 2016
How can the state Minister be summoned while Buhari the Petroleum Minister is left out undecided
Those people are just bunch of clowns!

8 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by fiercehillz(m): 7:33am On Mar 29, 2016
Is PMB above questioning?...He decided to be the petroleum minister so he should face the music.
Refinery is working: All hail PMB...
Fuel Scarcity: All stone Kachikwu

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by emmadejust(m): 7:33am On Mar 29, 2016
kachikwu has become the

[size=28pt] cat-paw[/size]
to take the burn and heat for pmb

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by knuckbuck(m): 7:34am On Mar 29, 2016
Who will summon the Petroleum minister?

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by Amanwulu1(m): 7:34am On Mar 29, 2016
Dat's kool but wen are they going to summon d main minister, I mean Alhaji intergrity/insensible accd to Mr Trump.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by alsina: 7:34am On Mar 29, 2016
Keep summoning him he will come wt fine suit and designer shoes, just to speak English and he goes. Nothing will happen the cue continues

Next time they summon me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 29, 2016
mumu admin....weve got forex issues,pipeline vandals,under performing refineries and they want kachikwu to come tell them the same stories...daft senators... angry angry angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Senate Summons Kachikwu by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 29, 2016
Senseless summon!...the irresponsible junketer petr.minister should be summoned instead. I Regret wasting my vote on pmb!

8 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Celebrates Saraki At 56, Describes Him As Symbol Of Courage / Gbajabiamila To Unveil 6 Principal Officers, Chairmen Of Standing Committees / Budget: North East Debt Commission Gets Zero Allocation For Expenditure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.