Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Network Code For Mtn On A Modem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Network Code For Mtn On A Modem (4816 Views)

Unlimited Free Browsing With 0.00 Naira Using Mtn On Both Pc And Android / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by Dafi(m): 5:39pm On Jul 26, 2009
Zain said that there modem is not network locked, but i insert mtn sim card in zain's modem and its requesting for a network code. If someone in the house have tried something like this and have succeded, please do share with me.
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by lynxnoon(m): 8:17pm On Jul 26, 2009
use 0 or 0000
cheers
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by Dafi(m): 10:18pm On Jul 26, 2009
@ lynxnoon, I have tried it but didnt work out. I think the code must be up to eight xters
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by lynxnoon(m): 10:53pm On Jul 26, 2009
go tru d manual n see if dere's a default lock code or post d model of d modem lets see if guys can fish somtin out
cheers
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by 4llerbe(m): 11:00pm On Jul 27, 2009
well well this looks veeery familiar. @ lynx. is dis not similar to the issue wit ubuntu and my hardware? apparently some of this modems have this pin or puk issues when combined wit oda things like lines or stuff. in my ubuntu my samsung was askin 4 dis code wen i wanted to dial up wit it while i use the same fone all the time wit mywindows install. funny i tried a sonyericsson and it worked like a dream. nokia too. sum1 shld pls help us out. thank goodness i didnt shell out for that zain modem. was tempted to
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by lynxnoon(m): 10:20am On Jul 28, 2009
i told u its d samsung
tho i feel for 3G modems u only give dose codes wen locked to a network
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by lynxnoon(m): 10:28am On Jul 28, 2009
but dere r pple who gotd zain modem n r using it wit oda sims
maybe dey just configured it recently

@dafi
maybe u shud call zain c.c n ask dem abt it undecided
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by 4llerbe(m): 4:37pm On Jul 29, 2009
hmmn, bliv u me, cc dis day are jst as ignorant as u are. i tink dey av started dt idea of givin pple sumwere contract 2 rep cc. i called 1 n he didnt even knw wat dmc was n dt he culd send me settings. go 2 deir office wit it n raise hell, crooks.
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 29, 2009
Hi lynxnoon. Thanks for the answer , however i just bought an MTN SIM and placed it in my ZAIN E220 USB MODEM but it still didn't read the sim card. please could you tell me exactly what to do. Thanx.
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by Dafi(m): 8:53pm On Jul 30, 2009
lynxnoon:

but dere r pple who gotd zain modem n r using it wit oda sims
maybe dey just configured it recently

@dafi
maybe u shud call zain c.c n ask dem abt it undecided
i went to cc at ikeja and met the staff that sold the modem to me, i explained everything to him, and right there he made some callls and after answering the call he told me that it cant be possible to use another network on the modem, so i asked him why did you guys attach it in your FAQ that "the modem is not network locked", then he said that he have taken note of that, maybe they will remove it from the FAQ. even he first claimed that he didnt know that such an issue is attached at the FAQ. so i think they used the strategy to lure more people to get their modems. Anyway if there is anyone who have succeded in this issue let him help others please.
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by lynxnoon(m): 10:12pm On Jul 30, 2009
well i ges i'll start looking for a 3G modem e.g nokia internet stick-C15 wink
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by damola1: 10:45pm On Jul 30, 2009
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by lynxnoon(m): 8:36am On Jul 31, 2009
yeah yeah we hear
damola1 reduce d price n ot wil make more sense wink wink
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by damola1: 8:42am On Jul 31, 2009
To what bros?
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by lynxnoon(m): 9:06am On Jul 31, 2009
Dafi:

i went to cc at ikeja and met the staff that sold the modem to me, i explained everything to him, and right there he made some callls and after answering the call he told me that it cant be possible to use another network on the modem, so i asked him why did you guys attach it in your FAQ that "the modem is not network locked", then he said that he have taken note of that, maybe they will remove it from the FAQ. even he first claimed that he didnt know that such an issue is attached at the FAQ. so i think they used the strategy to lure more people to get their modems. Anyway if there is anyone who have succeded in this issue let him help others please.
guys chk out d link below
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNLOCKED-HUAWEI-E220-3G-MOBILE-BROADBAND-MODEM_W0QQitemZ300334389758QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_LaptopAccessories_PCMCIACards?hash=item45ed5319fe&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
IMAGIN!! and Zain is selling theirs for 23k!!! HABA!!! angry angry
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by wolex123(m): 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2009
my people you cant get the code cos if you do then you can import the modems from china and decode it , Den no go want make you pour sand for their gari. Even CHINA wey do the modem will never give any code for it

If you get the code then you are a BIG BOY in africa
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by wolex123(m): 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2009
my people you cant get the code cos if you do then you can import the modems from china and decode it , Den no go want make you pour sand for their gari. Even CHINA wey do the modem will never give any code for it

for more info about the modem write me wolexindamaking@yahoo.com
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by lynxnoon(m): 9:49pm On Jul 31, 2009
wolex123:

for more info about the modem write me wolexindamaking@yahoo.com
do u have the code or not
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by wolex123(m): 10:00pm On Jul 31, 2009
i alreaady told you there are no codes,if yyou have the code then you are rich
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by 4llerbe(m): 11:53pm On Jul 31, 2009
wat are u pple talking about with codes? u mean every 3g modem stick is network locked? crap! and are u telling me only the gsm coys bring in 3g modems? avnt u heard that its being sold on the open market, like the nokia stick?? tseew wait till folks are back from summer hols. a few bright blokes will bring some back and start crashing the stupid market. naija folks are just too greedy. those things retail for 45 - 50 pounds AT THE BIG STORES AND AT SINGLE UNIT SALES!!!!!! thats like 10 - 12 k and these blokes are selling crap usb sticks from china for 25k!!!!! get patience small. and u can take ur codes and jump into the lagoon with it
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by lynxnoon(m): 7:27am On Aug 01, 2009
@4llerbe
Dere r many 3G modems nt locked 2 a ntwk; even d lockd 1s r only lockd afta d coy buys dem
& yes dere r unlock codes n dif sites where its done 4 a token amt
As per naija guys, trust na dere's always a way
, hehehehe
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by Oluwo1: 1:43pm On Aug 12, 2009
Hello All,

I have some1 that can unlock the Zain Usb, just paste your IMEI and your Moderm series EG162G. I have mine unlocked.

Please can i get free browsing on my Zain / Mtn Usb Moderm ?
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by lynxnoon(m): 5:59pm On Aug 12, 2009
@oluwo1
Sorry didnt get ur last statement can u elaborate on it?
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by 4llerbe(m): 10:23pm On Aug 12, 2009
the bloke is not sounding lucid abeg. lynx go to ubuntu thread and answer my question naw pls. then on that oda thread did u notice that that guy said that the modems are now 15 pounds?
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by lynxnoon(m): 12:13am On Aug 13, 2009
@4llerbe
i made a post concernin wat u r sayin na, go bak n chk again
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by Oluwo1: 3:03pm On Aug 13, 2009
@lyn ,  i said i have a friend that can unlock the Zain moderm,  he unlocked mine for me.  If anyone need to unlock his/her Zain moderm, let them paste the IMEI of the modem and the Series. I will get back with the unlocking code.

Please una know if i fit get free browsing  on my Zain/Mtn modem ??
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by Dafi(m): 4:33am On Aug 15, 2009
Oluwo1:

Please una know if i fit get  on my Zain/Mtn modem ??

this is an incomplete statement. try to make your stand more realistic, okey?
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by 2muchfay4s: 6:41pm On Dec 18, 2009
IMEI: 359390027955154
SN:DL5TAB1962300176
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by 2muchfay4s: 8:13pm On Dec 18, 2009
lynxnoon

any help concerning this issue? was tricked that Glo is not locked to their network,only for them to prove otherwise.God bless Nigeria.
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by goodieuzo: 8:29pm On Dec 19, 2009
i can unlock all usb data card modem to use all sim card. Call 08030911439.MICROLEAD GSM CLINIC .PORTHARCOURT.we can receive and send the it anywhere in nigeria.
Re: Network Code For Mtn On A Modem by simba4us: 9:29pm On Dec 19, 2009
I BOUGHT MY ZAIN MODEM (HAWEI EG162G) FOR N8,150. (that is eight thousand one hundred and fifty naira only). I WANT TO SELL IT FOR N4000, (four thousand naira only). Who is intrested. 07035206526.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Avoid Hackers Net. / What Laptop (pc)is Best For Students / How Relevant Is Linux

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.