Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Renowned Treasury Looter Ask Buhari To Be Tough On Other Treasury Looters Lol - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Renowned Treasury Looter Ask Buhari To Be Tough On Other Treasury Looters Lol (1124 Views)

Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops / "If Jonathan Was A Looter, Buhari Is A Super Looter" – ADP Chairman, Yesufu / FG To Publish Names Of Treasury Looters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Renowned Treasury Looter Ask Buhari To Be Tough On Other Treasury Looters Lol by kettykin: 5:46am On Mar 29, 2016
Senator representing Plateau South, Lt. Gen. Jeremiah Useni, (retd.), has said that he expects a tougher posture from President Muhammadu Buhari in prosecuting the war against corruption.

Useni, who spoke to newsmen in Jos, asked Nigerians to pray for the success of the Buhari administration, especially in the war against corruption.

The senator, who was a former minister of the Federal Capital Territory during the regime of the late Gen. Sani Abacha, said, “Those who say Buhari is tough, I don’t know what they actually mean, but in my own opinion, Buhari should be tougher We heard one individual returned about N3bn. I think that person should be dealt with severely. So, Buhari has been too kind for allowing those kinds of people to be roaming the streets; it shouldn’t happen at all. We should pray for this man, for God to give him tougher mind, not softer one. We have been doing so many silly things for years and we can’t continue like that.”

Useni, who supported the idea of people returning money secretly, also advocated for their trial, stressing that he expects the President to extend the searchlight on previous regimes.

He said, “I think they (people who returned money secretly) will be tried, though they have not been tried yet. I think what the government is trying to do is to say if you know you have stolen money or if you are given a contract that is paid for and the contract is not executed, return the money before we investigate you. Some of them have returned it. Some complete amount, maybe the level of the charge will be different. However, if after investigating the whole thing the government finds out that what you have returned is not up to half of what you have collected, then it is going to be a more serious case. So, those who have returned money shouldn’t think that everything is over yet.”

The retired general frowned on those who said that the administration was slow. He said, “Too slow, in what? Too slow in not executing people? You see, when you are talking about so many problems, it takes time to try and put it right, especially in Nigeria, when you are trying to put things right, new ones are coming up. Awolowo once said, as a commissioner under Gowon, that there was going to be a probe.

“New logs have fallen on top of old ones. To get to the old ones, you have to remove the new ones first. So, the new ones are Jonathan’s people.”
Re: Renowned Treasury Looter Ask Buhari To Be Tough On Other Treasury Looters Lol by Temidayo9(m): 5:55am On Mar 29, 2016
Now you re talkng
Re: Renowned Treasury Looter Ask Buhari To Be Tough On Other Treasury Looters Lol by kettykin: 6:10am On Mar 29, 2016
Temidayo9:
Now you re talkng

The penalty for treasury looting is encouraging looters some who are now in apc serving as god fathers and ministers

1 Like

Re: Renowned Treasury Looter Ask Buhari To Be Tough On Other Treasury Looters Lol by Nobody: 6:26am On Mar 29, 2016
kettykin:

The penalty for treasury looting is encouraging looters some who are now in apc serving as god fathers and ministers
Example, Ameachi the monorail wonder man!
Re: Renowned Treasury Looter Ask Buhari To Be Tough On Other Treasury Looters Lol by dubemnaija: 6:32am On Mar 29, 2016
jcmaiah:

Example, Ameachi the monorail wonder man!

And tinubu the frog man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Renowned Treasury Looter Ask Buhari To Be Tough On Other Treasury Looters Lol by Willybos(m): 6:42am On Mar 29, 2016
Probe them all and sent them to prisons.
Re: Renowned Treasury Looter Ask Buhari To Be Tough On Other Treasury Looters Lol by SleekAboki: 6:51am On Mar 29, 2016
Charity begins from home. Buhari should first probe the largest BDC agent under his roof who also shares same bed with him at night.
Re: Renowned Treasury Looter Ask Buhari To Be Tough On Other Treasury Looters Lol by Flexherbal(m): 7:00am On Mar 29, 2016
Should I say we should put a pause on the probing now and concentrate on the ECONOMY for now?
Re: Renowned Treasury Looter Ask Buhari To Be Tough On Other Treasury Looters Lol by McCarlito(m): 7:01am On Mar 29, 2016
I give up on this fighting corruption ish... The masses are the ones feeling the heat rather than the looters....
Restore the economy; then u can go hunting for corrupt ministers...
Re: Renowned Treasury Looter Ask Buhari To Be Tough On Other Treasury Looters Lol by Sunky200: 7:02am On Mar 29, 2016
Buhari cannot be more tough than he already is, remember this is democracy which has a direct correlation with the looters escape root.

btw as much as i support all thief to be tried i am also of the opinion that those that secretly returned their loots should not be tried openly. provided that they did not returne all their loots
Re: Renowned Treasury Looter Ask Buhari To Be Tough On Other Treasury Looters Lol by missdebs(f): 7:04am On Mar 29, 2016
them dey give us Bollywood film. I smh
Re: Renowned Treasury Looter Ask Buhari To Be Tough On Other Treasury Looters Lol by dokiOloye(m): 7:04am On Mar 29, 2016
Jerry 'Gulder' Useni.
Kids wouldn't understand what I mean.

1 Like

Re: Renowned Treasury Looter Ask Buhari To Be Tough On Other Treasury Looters Lol by Masterclass32: 8:36am On Mar 29, 2016
"Renowned treasury looter". Hehe.

Funny op.

(1) (Reply)

Bodies Of Soldiers Killed In Ambush By Boko Haram. / Tony Anenih: Ex-pdp Board Of Trustees Chairman Dies In London / Federal High Court Declares AVM Alfa Winner Of Kogi East Senatorial Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.