Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Pls Advice Is Urgently Needed, Is It A Scam? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pls Advice Is Urgently Needed, Is It A Scam? (2292 Views)

Opinions Needed: Is The Nigeria Business Space Encouraging For Entrepreneurship? / Your Advice Is Needed. / Are You A Graduate? This Advice Is For You From CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advice Is Urgently Needed, Is It A Scam? by skyman200(m): 3:48pm On Mar 29, 2016
I am 24 years of Age, i was chating with a Scottish man on my bbm, he said that is name is reeds schnezer from scotland, he is 52years and was married and blessed with two kids, that he is working in diamond offshore drilling company, he is a discrite manager, we even exchanged pic, the man said that he will like to speak with me on webcam undue he said that he will like to date me that he is a gay, he saw my pic and said that im handsome after that he said that did i have an iphone or laptop for the webcam i said no, then he said would, t i afford to buy it and i told him that it is too expensive here in nigeria. He said that i should send my name, Age, Nationality,phone number, state after that he spoke to me with voice and hold record on BBM and even send mine to him after that he snap the goods like the apple phone,laptop, notebook and 900pounds that he will send to me then after that i thank him for that and finally He said that he will send it to me here in nigeria through airline service and he was told that the goods will land to Nigeria within 6 to 7 hrs, i later chat to him and he said that he will send to me the document which i will use to go and collect the goods, the man later send the documents bearing my name, my phone number, the sender name, the goods name with the money and other things and it was been stamp with british embassy description on it, reference no and other things with the customer officer number written on it, these was the document that i will use to collect the goods from the british embassy then later i called the customer officer number someone picked the call it was a woman, she said that im welcome to british customer care that may i help u, i told her everything she said that i should called my reference number, i call it and she said that i should wait for i minutes to check later she said that i should come to british embassy with my international passport to collect the goods that no other person will come because of the content of the goods, thatcollection is free, i told her that i didn t have international passport and should said they also do the delivery from uba, first bank and others, so at these area i didn t kw if a scam to me, that their delivery charge is #7500 at any place of my choice then i cut the call, i told the man everything that i didn t have that kind of money although for my mind i have the money but i don, t kw if is a scam or a favour, the man told me pls that i should borrow money so that i will receive the goods. I don t kw if is a scam, someone should help me to test the man if he is a scammer, pls, Name... Reeds schnezer, barcode number 334C60D2 on BBM, i need a reply. The document

Re: Pls Advice Is Urgently Needed, Is It A Scam? by Vinshu(f): 3:56pm On Mar 29, 2016
A man sent you 900 pounds, laptop, iPhone and so on. And gave you British embassy details.

Then British embassy said they xan deliver through UBA if you pay 7500. Accept let's see how you pay the 7500. Let's see the account details.

Before we conclude.

But when did British embassy become DHL grin

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice Is Urgently Needed, Is It A Scam? by skyman200(m): 4:10pm On Mar 29, 2016
Im mistaken, they said that i will do the payment in any of the bank uba, first bank or others before they will deliver it in any locality of my choice said by British customer officer care not the man, that they have a way of delivering goods to their customers.
Re: Pls Advice Is Urgently Needed, Is It A Scam? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 29, 2016
I don't get. You're probably not gay or interested in a relationship with him and he's sending you goods through the British embassy as if that's DHL, please where is the scam undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advice Is Urgently Needed, Is It A Scam? by iserviceon(m): 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2016
I just have to coming because it wouldn't be funny if you fall for this little prey. Its definitely a scam many people have been a victims of this trick.

Tell her(the customer care) to send you the account number and post it here with the number you are calling.You should know a diff between a company account and individual account.

They can be traced with the information provided.

Jara e!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advice Is Urgently Needed, Is It A Scam? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 29, 2016
100% scam.... They tried scamming my brother... After he sent #5000 for delivery, they later told him dat d goods are at asaba airport dt he should sent #3000 via airtime or bank transfer so dey send it to anambra asap... My brother went and pay... Later on, they told him that he should wait till tomorrow that there is much traffic in asaba... D next day stil, another guy called and said that his items were seized cos of d hard currency inside it... Lol. His own issue wasn't even about gay but a guy he was chatting wit back Den on 2go who promised to send him a laptop.. Dt was 2014...u can go dere ursef to make sure it's real.. My bro learnt his lessons tho.
skyman200:
I am 24 years of Age, i was chating with a Scottish man on my bbm, he said that is name is reeds schnezer from scotland, he is 52years and was married and blessed with two kids, that he is working in diamond offshore drilling company, he is a discrite manager, we even exchanged pic, the man said that he will like to speak with me on webcam undue he said that he will like to date me that he is a gay, he saw my pic and said that im handsome after that he said that did i have an iphone or laptop for the webcam i said no, then he said would, t i afford to buy it and i told him that it is too expensive here in nigeria. He said that i should send my name, Age, Nationality,phone number, state after that he spoke to me with voice and hold record on BBM and even send mine to him after that he snap the goods like the apple phone,laptop, notebook and 900pounds that he will send to me then after that i thank him for that and finally He said that he will send it to me here in nigeria through airline service and he was told that the goods will land to Nigeria within 6 to 7 hrs, i later chat to him and he said that he will send to me the document which i will use to go and collect the goods, the man later send the documents bearing my name, my phone number, the sender name, the goods name with the money and other things and it was been stamp with british embassy description on it, reference no and other things with the customer officer number written on it, these was the document that i will use to collect the goods from the british embassy then later i called the customer officer number someone picked the call it was a woman, she said that im welcome to british customer care that may i help u, i told her everything she said that i should called my reference number, i call it and she said that i should wait for i minutes to check later she said that i should come to british embassy with my international passport to collect the goods that no other person will come because of the content of the goods, thatcollection is free, i told her that i didn t have international passport and should said they also do the delivery from uba, first bank and others, so at these area i didn t kw if a scam to me, that their delivery charge is #7500 at any place of my choice then i cut the call, i told the man everything that i didn t have that kind of money although for my mind i have the money but i don, t kw if is a scam or a favour, the man told me pls that i should borrow money so that i will receive the goods. I don t kw if is a scam, someone should help me to test the man if he is a scammer, pls, Name... Reeds schnezer, barcode number 334C60D2 on BBM, i need a reply.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advice Is Urgently Needed, Is It A Scam? by godoluwa(m): 4:46pm On Mar 29, 2016
skyman200:
Im mistaken, they said that i will do the payment in any of the bank uba, first bank or others before they will deliver it in any locality of my choice said by British customer officer care not the man, that they have a way of delivering goods to their customers.
ITS SCAM

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice Is Urgently Needed, Is It A Scam? by skyman200(m): 5:18pm On Mar 29, 2016
See the document.

Re: Pls Advice Is Urgently Needed, Is It A Scam? by chykez: 5:48pm On Mar 29, 2016
Skyman that is a fake document. The stamp is even more fake. Just play along and get the bank details and post all the details here to warn others. Please don't fall for this cheap scam. Also the embassy won't be in charge of sending parcels to you. Its just a tactic to make you believe him undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advice Is Urgently Needed, Is It A Scam? by skyman200(m): 5:48pm On Mar 29, 2016
See the document
Re: Pls Advice Is Urgently Needed, Is It A Scam? by puffynana(m): 6:04pm On Mar 29, 2016
skyman200:
See the document

Notice how the font of ur name, the senders and the customer service contact are bolder than the rest of the text? Cheap photoshop.
Ask him if the document is with him. I Tl him to snap it on a table and send.
This is just a doc on the system that he can edit a thousand times

Besides how did he get ur pin?

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advice Is Urgently Needed, Is It A Scam? by SlickM(m): 4:03pm On May 30, 2016
Hahahahaha... Skyman200 listen to me very well, it's a scam. Too bad I'm seeing this late. The same pin added me(i googled the pin and saw your story). He said he was david clayton, divorced just the me story as yours. That his wife died and he needs a gay partner (imagine the contradiction, a gay man marrying a woman in Australia). Asked if I was gay, I said no. He asked for a webcam chat through iphone or apple laptop. I said I didn't have any, he then suggested that he sends me one(for my mind I say see this idiotic fraudster), I told him ok he should send. He said he would snap the pic of the laptop later. I didn't have patience to wait for more scam lines so I told him I had a laptop that he shouldn't bother. The fool deleted me. I sensed scam the moment he added me. Hope you didn't fall for the cheap scam?

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice Is Urgently Needed, Is It A Scam? by skyman200(m): 8:27pm On May 30, 2016
i have fall in the same scam but i thank my God he didn't succeed.
Re: Pls Advice Is Urgently Needed, Is It A Scam? by AnietieWilliams(m): 11:11pm On May 30, 2016
He is a scammer. They almost succeeded over one of my colleague last year. It is scam.

(1) (Reply)

Buy Female Shoes In Bulk And Pairs At Wholesale Prices At John Zonn. / Profit Taking Takes Toll On Exchange As Indices Dip By N49 Billion / Learn a New Skill and Monetize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.