Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor (5889 Views)

Hilda Ibifuro-Harrison Is Ondo's Police Commissioner (photos) / Court Approves Suit Against Tinubu Over Murder Of Funsho Williams / Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by samsick: 5:52pm On Nov 09, 2006
the wife of late lagos politician Funsho Williams,Hilda williams has announced her interest in d next election as Lagos State Governor come May 2007.To me dat sounds absolutely crazy!what re ur opinions
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by mazaje(m): 2:39am On Nov 11, 2006
seems she wants to join her husband too. thats a nice way of meeting up with him in enternity in the shortest way possible so let her ride on.
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by streetcyph: 2:40pm On Nov 11, 2006
im sorry but she doesnt have a chance. i dont know why they want to loose by force. they r better off rallying around akin taiwo, he's d only guy who cud match up against femi pedro from the other party.
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by Boot30(f): 2:28pm On Nov 29, 2006
angry

Someone needs to tell her this is not a game!
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by woleprof(m): 3:04pm On Nov 29, 2006
I hope she knows Politics is all about bloodbath in Nigeria and im sure Mr Funso williams wil not be happy seeing her going into the lions' Den.
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by omofineboy(m): 6:01pm On Nov 29, 2006
I am sorry to say,she is the most stupid of all women in Nigeria, her husband was only killed becuase he was contesting, some other wise women will never allow their relations to near politics let alone contesting, she must be advised correctly her husband killers are still around to burry her too, a word is enough for the wise.
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by buchio7(m): 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2006
A calamitous miscalculation which if adopted by pdp at d primaries(9th dec) will spell doom for dem and eldorado for A.C.

she shd have known better than to join that bandwagon
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by Seun(m): 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2006
What is the source of your story?
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by buchio7(m): 6:56pm On Nov 29, 2006
Thisday newspaper today,
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by babyboy2(m): 8:29am On Nov 30, 2006
"Those The gods want to kill,They first of all make mad"
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by woleprof(m): 9:33am On Nov 30, 2006
Let he who have ears, hear
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by Bolarge(m): 10:24am On Nov 30, 2006
Can she possibly understand there's no such thing as"sympathy votes"in Nigeria? sad
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by DeepSoul(f): 7:32pm On Nov 30, 2006
Sympathy votes have worked before. But not in Nigeria. She doesnt stand a chance in poltics as dirty as can be seen here. She should not miss her husband that much to want to join him this soon!

I seriously doubt it was her idea in the first place. Methinks it's just opportunists pushing her to it. They should leave the poor woman to mourn her husband well jare.

And besides, she isnt even an indigene of Lagos State. Surely, those who are indigenes would not just siddon and look!
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by Seun(m): 8:15pm On Nov 30, 2006
Widow of slain front-line Lagos State governorship aspirant, Engineer Funsho Williams, Hilda, has formally declared to contest the 2007 governorship elections in Lagos State on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Williams said her decision to conttest stemmed out of her desire to continue with her late husband, Funsho’s vision.

Declaring in Lagos yesterday, she said “people wondered why a grieving widow should plunge herself into politics, is it impossible to stop grieving the loss of such a great soul?.

“But as the saying goes, if your house is on fire, you put aside your sorrow; forget your pain for the moment while you put out that fire."

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=62843
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by buchio7(m): 12:19pm On Dec 01, 2006
I really feel pdp would be shooting itself in the leg by tryin to prop her up based on the reasons some people have stated on this thread. I feel maybe, MAYBE, the game plan is just to make some noise about her coming in for guvnor then settle her with some other post in the future because she is not just sale able,
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by Boot30(f): 10:27pm On Dec 01, 2006
People, the good news is, although Akin Taiwo was 'hard done by' by Hilda (and those pushing her), WILLCO supporters have insisted he should stay in the race so hopefully all is not lost yet. I therefore implore all of you to support Akin Taiwo, he is certainly the best way forward. I have read his manifesto and I know he will do right by Lagosians as he is not driven by greed or avarice. (and no, I am not getting paid for this, I am just an innocent bystander who will like to go back home someday and is hoping that things will work out fine)

Akin Taiwo for Governor!!!!!!
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by buchio7(m): 8:17am On Dec 02, 2006
For where? when fashola has the backing of tinubu in the a.c.
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by streetcyph: 11:55am On Dec 02, 2006
fashola ke? even if the whole nigeria backed fashola he still wont win. watch when they have national debate. the man is not charismatic enough

u all should not waste ur votes on people who will make promises they cannot keep. vote for a tried and tested enforcer

www.femipedro.com go there and find out about lagos, next governor, end of discussion, LEVELS DON CHANGE OH!
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by woleprof(m): 12:55pm On Dec 02, 2006
hope u re not turning ths thread into a campain ground?
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by alarinka(m): 12:59pm On Dec 02, 2006
, lagos politics is all about greed, selfishness  and backbiting,
   Lagos need someone in the mould of marwa,akhigbe,
   try   pedro, see  otedola go slow style,
   try   ??STA, SEE GRANSTANDING,
   try   GOS, FAYOSE style,
  try hilda, ALL SENTIMENTS, BLANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  try koro, akala in the making, its not all about fashion,
   try fashola, Godfather never sleeps,
   try agbaje, something else,
  when cometh the redeemer for LAGOS STATE
 I think they need to have a  televised debate session for them to properly articulate their desires for LAGOS, NOT SENTIMENTS, THIS HOUSE IS FALLING, sorry , i mean sinking!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by woleprof(m): 1:06pm On Dec 02, 2006
Sometimes i cant be wonders at the seriouness of this televised debate. In "polytricks" u must be a master liar, deceiver, cheat, professional thief, player etc to be constant in the game. So the televised debate like the campain posters is an avenue for these heatless politicians to ring a meaningless bell of poverty, illgotten wealth, lies, bloodbath, gangsterism, hooliganism, looting, fraud etc to the inocent public.
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by streetcyph: 5:03pm On Dec 02, 2006
alarinka:

, lagos politics is all about greed, selfishness and backbiting,
Lagos need someone in the mould of marwa,akhigbe,
try pedro, see otedola go slow style,
try ??STA, SEE GRANSTANDING,
try GOS, FAYOSE style,
try hilda, ALL SENTIMENTS, BLANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
try koro, akala in the making, its not all about fashion,
try fashola, Godfather never sleeps,
try agbaje, something else,
when cometh the redeemer for LAGOS STATE
I think they need to have a televised debate session for them to properly articulate their desires for LAGOS, NOT SENTIMENTS, THIS HOUSE IS FALLING, sorry , i mean sinking!!!!!!!!!!!

do u think everybody fits into your stereotype? my friend, u are highly mistaken.

there are credible candidates among the aspirants. agabaje, pedro, to name a few. you cannot say because the person is a household name he surely must be corrupt.

their track records speak fro themselves. agbaje comes from a very respectable family in the corportate sector- his father was d chairman of guarantytrust bank, arguably nigeria (and mybe africa's) best bank ever. his pharmaceutical company, jay kay, is one of the most trusted in nigeria

femi pedro took a bank that was negative 300million in profits to over 6 billion profits in the space of 4 years (1998 to 2002). he is the one who created mobile banking with his innovative "flash me cash" that we all use to send money to others by our phone.

before you start lambasting candidates, do you bloody homework.
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by alarinka(m): 8:49pm On Dec 03, 2006
streetcyph:

do u think everybody fits into your stereotype? my friend, u are highly mistaken.

there are credible candidates among the aspirants. agabaje, pedro, to name a few. you cannot say because the person is a household name he surely must be corrupt.

their track records speak fro themselves. agbaje comes from a very respectable family in the corportate sector- his father was d chairman of guarantytrust bank, arguably nigeria (and mybe africa's) best bank ever. his pharmaceutical company, jay kay, is one of the most trusted in nigeria

femi pedro took a bank that was negative 300million in profits to over 6 billion profits in the space of 4 years (1998 to 2002). he is the one who created mobile banking with his innovative "flash me cash" that we all use to send money to others by our phone.

before you start lambasting candidates, do you bloody homework.

, this is not about issues of lambasting or home work, what has that got to do with objectivity, i am AC/AD all the way, Tinubu promised all in 1998/99, go to lekki,yaba and see for yourself, the truth is that these fellows are just interested in the perks of office, so that people like you will continue to adore them or rather follow them albeit blindly,
Lagos state needs someone who is selfless,a commited hard worker and at the time a statesman, i am sorry we are yet to get there, next year is around the corner,i will be vindicated, by the way what has flash me cards got to do with roads and security in Lagos!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brother be objective,eko no get time for sentiments, Nigeria [nay Lagos ]must work, the world is leaving us behind!!!!!!
Get your"" bloody"" thots together,
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by lewa(m): 6:37am On Dec 04, 2006
Let us all be objective and fair for once!Who of these numerous 'politrickcians' can deliver the goods!In AC PDP, ANPP whatever acronym they go by!What are there antecedents?Past records? Lagos like Delta, Rivers and sister states have been raped voraciously!Anyways not to digress inputs please!Who can reverse the trend?Or such a person doesn't exist?
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by streetcyph: 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2006
streetcyph:

alarinka link=topic=30177.msg738153#msg738153 date=1165175362:

, this is not about issues of lambasting or home work, what has that got to do with objectivity, i am AC/AD all the way, Tinubu promised all in 1998/99, go to lekki,yaba and see for yourself, the truth is that these fellows are just interested in the perks of office, so that people like you will continue to adore them or rather follow them albeit blindly,
Lagos state needs someone who is selfless,a commited hard worker and at the time a statesman, i am sorry we are yet to get there, next year is around the corner,i will be vindicated, by the way what has flash me cards got to do with roads and security in Lagos!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brother be objective,eko no get time for sentiments, Nigeria [nay Lagos ]must work, the world is leaving us behind!!!!!!
Get your"" bloody"" thoughts together,

chairman, you have hit the nail in the coffin. dont get confused, i totally agree that the tinubu made promises he failed to keep. all i am saying is the likes of pedro and agbaje fit into the description you just pput up.

the flash me cash thing is an EXAMPLE of the innovativeness of the man. we need innovative ideas. we need people who can rise up the the mantle of leadership and make a difference. we need men like pedro.

lewa:

Let us all be objective and fair for once!Who of these numerous 'politrickcians' can deliver the goods!In AC PDP, ANPP whatever acronym they go by!What are there antecedents?Past records? Lagos like Delta, Rivers and sister states have been raped voraciously!Anyways not to digress inputs please!Who can reverse the trend?Or such a person doesn't exist?

i agree that very many of these men are tricking us. however, you judge a man's ability based on his track record. all you need to do is dig deep into the records of some of these aspirants. the likes of afikuyomi will not even pass screening, that being said, we DO have some very qualified candidates.
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by lewa(m): 3:47pm On Dec 05, 2006
Let's kmow the qualified candidates please.
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by streetcyph: 5:05pm On Dec 05, 2006
from pdp
hilda williams
kamson

from AC
agbaje

others
pedro
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by samsick: 6:47pm On Dec 05, 2006
Senator Tokunbo Afikuyomi
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by streetcyph: 12:19pm On Dec 06, 2006
i wish i could say sta, but sadly the man has a history of drug and 419 scams
senatortokunboafikuyomi.com
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by samsick: 11:43pm On Dec 06, 2006
From ac BABATUNDE FASHOLA (san).
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by streetcyph: 1:46pm On Dec 07, 2006
samsick:

From ac BABATUNDE FASHOLA (san).

on what grounds? my broda, he is the least qualified out of the candidates.
Re: Hilda Williams For Lagos State Governor by streetcyph: 12:26am On Dec 11, 2006
it looks like hilda has gotten the nod,

according to sources, pedro has left ac

this is lagos election is taking some weird twists

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Gunmen Attack Another Anambra Church -- Punch News / Assassination Of The Nigerian Diplomat To Sudan - A New Twist / Where Does The Revenue From Lagos Toll Gate Go???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.