Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,933 members, 7,835,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti (1769 Views)

Ikpeazu To Build Osisioma Flyover, First Ever Flyover In Abia State / Fayose Begins Distribution Of 5000 Eye Glasses To Ekiti People With Eyes Problem / Fayose Begins The Construction Of Flyover In Ekiti State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by kahal29: 6:42pm On Mar 29, 2016
Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose on Tuesday flagged off the construction of a N5.7b worth flyover in Ado Ekiti, promising to deliver the project within 24 months.

At the event, Fayose, who described the 1.2-kilometre flyover project as the first of its kind in the state said it was part of his plans to ease traffic in the state capital city.

The flyover will begin at Fajuyi area and terminate at Ojumose.

Fayose warned the contractor against unnecessary delay, saying the project must be delivered within the stipulated time.

“This was a project that has been in my heart since my first term. I nearly awarded it before that unfortunate incident happened. I saw it as a landmark achievement because you can’t get it in Ondo or Osun State.

“I have promised that I won’t abandon any project for my successor. I shall complete every project that I awarded, because I don’t want to leave any burden behind.

“Whatever we do will remain in our name, particularly the physical projects and that is why I charge the traditional rulers to appeal to politicians to give peace a chance, because it is only under an atmosphere of peace that you can witness development.

“I am not going to limit physical construction to road alone, I will soon flag off the construction of ultra-modern High Court complex with modern facilities for effective and efficient administration of justice.

“Some of you will ask me how am I going to achieve this in view of the poor allocations to the state, but don’t worry, don’t be hopeless.

“I rely on the little taxes and rates to be paid by citizens to be able to boost our IGR to do all these. With your supports, all these shall be achieved,” he said.

The Chairman, Ekiti State Council of Traditional Rulers, Oba Samuel Adedapo and the Ewi of Ado Ekiti, Oba Rufus Adeyemo, who praised the governor for his zeal to develop Ekiti, appealed to politicians to give peace a chance to forestall unnecessary crisis that could cause distraction.

They said Ekiti will continue to appreciate Fayose’s efforts to develop the state in spite of the dwindling federal allocation.

http://www.punchng.com/fayose-begins-n5-7b-flyover-in-ekiti/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by erunz(m): 6:52pm On Mar 29, 2016
nice one, the Oshoko himself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by Aromas: 6:53pm On Mar 29, 2016
Wish you well but make sure you complete it shall grin

1 Like

Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by danites3: 6:53pm On Mar 29, 2016
What do they need a flyover for?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by phlemzy: 6:56pm On Mar 29, 2016
Hope the people of Ekiti will not be starved over this N5.7b project?

1 Like

Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by ricsman(m): 7:10pm On Mar 29, 2016
I doubt if I've heard anything good of this kind from Ekiti state.
Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by GogetterMD(m): 7:15pm On Mar 29, 2016
At last. A news of Ayo Fayose not involving ponmo and fish trading, Okada riding or rice sharing. He actually is doing something tangible lipsrsealed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by chernest2002: 7:22pm On Mar 29, 2016
Nothing fayose do people no go talk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 29, 2016
Rubbish, what do Ekiti people need flyover for?
He should invest that #5.7b in Primary and Secondary schools renovations and Library and ICT equipment in the schools.

6 Likes

Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 29, 2016
Adaure4ever:
He should invest that #5.7b in Primary and Secondary schools renovations and Library and ICT equipment in the schools.
According to Apc Fayemi has done those ones so he should construct that flyover asap

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by praxisnetworks: 7:49pm On Mar 29, 2016
Fayose warned the contractor against unnecessary delay, saying the project must be delivered within the stipulated time.

“This was a project that has been in my heart since my first term. I nearly awarded it before that unfortunate incident happened. I saw it as a landmark achievement because you can’t get it in Ondo or Osun State.

“I have promised that I won’t abandon any project for my successor. I shall complete every project that I awarded, because I don’t want to leave any burden behind.

great one

1 Like

Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by omenka(m): 8:11pm On Mar 29, 2016
phlemzy:
Hope the people of Ekiti will not be starved over this N5.7b project?
Civil servants in the state are already staving. The government owes workers three months salaries.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by phlemzy: 8:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
omenka:
Civil servants in the state are already starving. The government owes workers three months salaries.
Total misplacement of priorities. I don't know what economic value the flyover will add to the Federal-allocation dependent state.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by Singingbae(m): 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
Zombies gonna ask, has Fayose ever commissioned a project!!!!

Moan on this one----

All hail oshokomole

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by DropShot: 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2016
Fayose is a comic actor.

A 1.2km flyover for N5.7bn is misplacement of priority in a state where civil servants are owed up to four months salary arears.

Well, Na their hero him be sha.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by seunny4lif(m): 8:38pm On Mar 29, 2016
angry
Dat money will do well for all the schools and hospitals in Ekiti State

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 29, 2016
Speechless

1 Like

Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 29, 2016
Singingbae:
Zombies gonna ask, has Fayose ever commissioned a project!!!!

Moan on this one----

All hail oshokomole
wailing iPod tout.. Did he commission this one?
Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 29, 2016
omenka:
Civil servants in the state are already staving. The government owes workers three months salaries.
seunny4lif:
angry
DropShot:
Fayose is a comic actor.
A 1.2km flyover for N5.7bn is misplacement of priority in a state where civil servants are owed up to four months salary arears.
Well, Na their hero him be sha.
danites3:
What do they need a flyover for?

Meanwhile, this where the kind of people that lambasted Fayose for distributing rice to the people, following Buhari's inability to keep to his promises. they opined that why not use the money for capital projects like creating infrastructures. Now that Fayose has embarked on such plea, they are now saying “why do they need a flyover for”?

Lalasticlala, I hope you are seeing them embarassed .

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by OAFMods: 10:04pm On Mar 29, 2016
Oh boy government good o. A KM of bridge now goes for almost 6 KM in Ekiti.

Una go hear am.
Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by seunny4lif(m): 10:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
angry angry
Ekiti don't need bridge bro
I know there like back of my house
blueto:

Meanwhile, this where the kind of people that lambasted Fayose for distributing rice to the people, following Buhari's inability to keep to his promises. they opined that why not use the money for capital projects like creating infrastructures. Now that Fayose has embarked on such plea, they are now saying “why do they need a flyover for”?

Lalasticlala, I hope you are seeing them embarassed .

1 Like

Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by Acidosis(m): 10:49pm On Mar 29, 2016
Adaure4ever:

The last time Fayose built a E library in Ikere Ekiti, some Nairaland grand and good-for-nothing generational propagandists said: "Fayose is browsing in a public cyber cafe"

Some saw the photo and called him Yahoo boy.
I called the attention of the mod to correct that propaganda, unfortunately, it was too late as many readers had digested an unconfirmed report from a useless poster.

People should stop complaining especially non-Ekiti state indigenes. I have so many of them as friends, and none, I mean NO ONE, has ever laid any complaint about Fayose's leadership style in Ekiti.

Whatever he does, we will always complain. I opened a thread where Fayose commissioned a major dualized road with street lights, and it didn't make the front page. If by tomorrow, he cuts ponmo, everyone will talk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by Acidosis(m): 10:52pm On Mar 29, 2016
seunny4lif:
angry

Ekiti is already at the TOP in terms of primary and secondary education.

You should talk to your governor so he can achieve a quarter of Ekiti's achievement in education.
Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by oduastates: 11:11pm On Mar 29, 2016
A project befitting a know-nothing Agbero.
I know that foolish people will be hailing this as development. No it is not.
Not only is the money better spent on wealth creation, the fact is that flyovers are only built as a last resort, when other options like roundabouts,traffic lights, pedestrian auto light system and tunnels are not viable.
Flyovers are urban eyesore and it is why in modern city planning, they try as much as to preclude them.
In fact, many cities around the world are removing them their urban landscape.
Before and after pix of flyover removal
1 Seoul
2 Rio Madrid

http://gizmodo.com/6-freeway-removals-that-changed-their-cities-forever-1548314937

Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by seunny4lif(m): 1:32am On Mar 30, 2016
grin grin
Bros see me see Ekiti oooh
Come to the state college of education before to type this poo grin
Acidosis:

Ekiti is already at the TOP in terms of primary and secondary education.

You should talk to your governor so he can achieve a quarter of Ekiti's achievement in education.
Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by NobleAngell(f): 2:21am On Mar 30, 2016
Good! He should make himself useful already. Instead of making all these noise. We tired of his troubles mehnnn!
Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by romme2u: 2:29am On Mar 30, 2016
heading straight to the bank with this
Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by Pavore9: 4:34am On Mar 30, 2016
Those on ground in the state are in better position to know if it is a priority or not.
Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by YoursGEJ(m): 5:38am On Mar 30, 2016
5.7b naira for 1 km flyover? In a non-swampy, erosion-free terrain?

PDP I hail oo grin grin grin
Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by babdap: 6:33am On Mar 30, 2016
I wud rather wait for 24 months before I would give my opinion.
Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by blazetitov: 7:03am On Mar 30, 2016
What is the distance between Fajuyi and Ojumose? A N5.7BN flyover bridge? Another white elephant project and a source to loot state funds. Moreover, that road is already dualized.
Re: Fayose Begins N5.7b Flyover In Ekiti by luvmijeje(f): 7:07am On Mar 30, 2016
*cough*

If it takes a man 20 years to prepare for madness when is he going to develop full-blown lunacy?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Is Gonna Make Me Lose My Wife-to-be :( Please Help!!! / Governor Aregbesola Killed Adeleke, Osun People Lament To Bukola Saraki (video) / Yorubas Are The Main Progenitors Of Hate Speech And Discrimination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.