Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,380 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Please Does Anyone Know Where I Can Carry Out A Soil Fertility Test..??? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please Does Anyone Know Where I Can Carry Out A Soil Fertility Test..??? (1226 Views)

Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) / Effect Of Bush Burning On Your Farm Soil Fertility / Soil Fertility Calculations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Does Anyone Know Where I Can Carry Out A Soil Fertility Test..??? by mymarketspace(m): 7:16pm On Mar 29, 2016
GOOD DAY PEOPLE
PLEASE DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN CARRY OUT A SOIL FERTILITY TEST..
WE ARE ABOUT TO BUY A LAND FOR PALM FARMING AND I NEED A GOOD LABORATORY WHERE I CAN DO A SOIL TEST TO KNOW HOW FERTILE THE GROUND IS FOR FARMING MY PALM TREE

PLEASE SOMEONE ADVICE

THANKS
Re: Please Does Anyone Know Where I Can Carry Out A Soil Fertility Test..??? by drake2(m): 8:35pm On Mar 29, 2016
What is the land use history of the plot? When you visited the plot, what is the nature and type of vegetation in it?

what is the soil nutrients requirements of oil palms and does the location, ecosystem and climatic conditions surport the growth of oil palms?

Depending on your location, most Agronomy departments in Universities can help you Analyze soil samples, but it does not end there. You need sound interpretation of analytical results bearing in mind other factors mentioned in paragraph 2 to be able to make informed decisions.

Additionally, I believe most Agricultural Research Institutes should have soil analytical labs including IITA.

Goodluck in your endeavour!

1 Like

Re: Please Does Anyone Know Where I Can Carry Out A Soil Fertility Test..??? by akinvest(m): 6:38am On Mar 30, 2016
Visits university of Ibadan department of agriculture

1 Like

Re: Please Does Anyone Know Where I Can Carry Out A Soil Fertility Test..??? by mymarketspace(m): 11:10am On Mar 30, 2016
akinvest:

Thanks
Re: Please Does Anyone Know Where I Can Carry Out A Soil Fertility Test..??? by mymarketspace(m): 11:12am On Mar 30, 2016
Thanks For the Advice
Appreciated

drake2:
What is the land use history of the plot? When you visited the plot, what is the nature and type of vegetation in it?

what is the soil nutrients requirements of oil palms and does the location, ecosystem and climatic conditions surport the growth of oil palms?

Depending on your location, most Agronomy departments in Universities can help you Analyze soil samples, but it does not end there. You need sound interpretation of analytical results bearing in mind other factors mentioned in paragraph 2 to be able to make informed decisions.

Additionally, I believe most Agricultural Research Institutes should have soil analytical labs including IITA.

Goodluck in your endeavour!
Re: Please Does Anyone Know Where I Can Carry Out A Soil Fertility Test..??? by drake2(m): 4:01pm On Mar 30, 2016
akinvest:

Hi there! I specifically did not mention UI because I still do not know OP's location. I actually finished from Agronomy department of the University of Ibadan. If OP considers UI ok, I got Femi, Mathew and Mr. Paul's Numbers to share with OP. (All of them work in the Soil Analytical Labs).

Another Good-luck to OP.!
Re: Please Does Anyone Know Where I Can Carry Out A Soil Fertility Test..??? by Senorita123(f): 8:38pm On Mar 30, 2016
U can try IITA too

1 Like

Re: Please Does Anyone Know Where I Can Carry Out A Soil Fertility Test..??? by switosman(m): 10:38pm On Apr 02, 2016
You can try Hezekiah consulting lab at Nsukka Enugu state. Call the scientist on 07084288223. He can direct you on how to get your soil sample to him and your result by email after payment. I used him once, so efficient.

(1) (Reply)

Poultry House For Sale At A Very Offordable Price / . / Need A Local Of Foreign Buyers For Your Agro Products.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.