Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,226 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Gov.fayose Attack Muslim Cleric Sheikh Muhydeen Over Advice To Exercise Decorum - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov.fayose Attack Muslim Cleric Sheikh Muhydeen Over Advice To Exercise Decorum (2789 Views)

Gov. Fayose Attacks Muslim Cleric Sheikh Muhydeen Over Advice. / Fayose Insults Sheikh Muhydeen Ajani-Bello, Islamic Cleric / Fayose Attacks Muslim Cleric Sheikh Muhydeen Over Advice To Exercise Decorum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov.fayose Attack Muslim Cleric Sheikh Muhydeen Over Advice To Exercise Decorum by Welcomme: 7:15am On Mar 30, 2016
The Imam deserves all the bashing he gets.
Re: Gov.fayose Attack Muslim Cleric Sheikh Muhydeen Over Advice To Exercise Decorum by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 30, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
*sigh. Who d hell is d cleric to advice a sitting governor when it's unsolicited? Was he invited to d program to be "advised" ? Did the cleric also "advice" Buhari and co in absentia? Lool. You pple sef. If I were Fayose, he would get worse. Silly man.

What kind of logic are you using?

So the advice to a sitting governor must be solicited?

Must the cleric advise Buhari before he can advice Fayose?

Are you aware he has not advised others before Fayose?

And what do you mean by 'you people' sef?

State your opinion and move on without indirect insult.
Re: Gov.fayose Attack Muslim Cleric Sheikh Muhydeen Over Advice To Exercise Decorum by MsGlobalwonder(f): 8:24am On Mar 30, 2016
cheesy@ indirect insult. Funny you. Picture this, a pastor inviting the extremist governor el-rufai for a church program then he climbs d pulpit to start casting aspersion on him in public. He isn't a muslim oo just an invited guest because he is the governor. So even if he had to "advice" him, it's in public where there are different pple of different political affiliation and u expect a sitting governor to just let it slide because he is a cleric? Lol. You should put yourself in shoes pls. If I were Fayose and I have the power he has, walahi he'll regret ever crossing my path. KMT!
Activa:

What kind of logic are you using?

So the advice to a sitting governor must be solicited?

Must the cleric advise Buhari before he can advice Fayose?

Are you aware he has not advised others before Fayose?

And what do you mean by 'you people' sef?

State your opinion and move on without indirect insult.
Re: Gov.fayose Attack Muslim Cleric Sheikh Muhydeen Over Advice To Exercise Decorum by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 30, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
cheesy@ indirect insult. Funny you. Picture this, a pastor inviting the extremist governor el-rufai for a church program then he climbs d pulpit to start casting aspersion on him in public. He isn't a muslim oo just an invited guest because he is the governor. So even if he had to "advice" him, it's in public where there are different pple of different political affiliation and u expect a sitting governor to just let it slide because he is a cleric? Lol. You should put yourself in shoes pls. If I were Fayose and I have the power he has, walahi he'll regret ever crossing my path. KMT!

Which power does a governor have? This is where you're getting it wrong.

Where are all the governors of yesterday? Power is transient but the people remain.

A wise man in Fayose's shoes would say 'thank you' or reply in a mature manner. Or even try to win the cleric to his side.

Fayose is an elected leader and not an emperor. He derives his power from the people.

The fact is that many factors are against Fayose on this matter. The first is age. The second is that man must have a band of sympathisers, across religions. The third is that the cleric did not abuse him or backstab him.

Follow this matter and see where it will end.

How many times has Buhari fired at Fayose for all his virulent and very personal criticisms of Buhari? Fayose went to Aso Rock and still lambasted Buhari right there.

Democracy is not fire for fire o.

Again, you should know that whatever power any governor has is very temporary. Fayose will leave that seat and may need that man or his sympathisers tomorrow.
Re: Gov.fayose Attack Muslim Cleric Sheikh Muhydeen Over Advice To Exercise Decorum by MsGlobalwonder(f): 8:42am On Mar 30, 2016
You don't get it do you? It's an infradig to even publicly address the governor like that to his face! It's not done anywhere. That is why in functions like dat u'll hear "all protocols duly observed". He is the first man of ekiti state and can't be insulted both overtly or covertly. Trust me if it was el-rufai it would have been worse. Age? Lol. It gets to a point in life whereby one gets what one dishes. The cleric disrespected the position of the governor and ther governor and u still expect him to be respected? How naa. Trust me, sympathisers or not can't stop Fayose's ambition if any. He is loved by the pple dat matter when it comes to decision making.
Activa:

Which power does a governor have? This is where you're getting it wrong.

Where are all the governors of yesterday? Power is transient but the people remain.

A wise man in Fayose's shoes would say 'thank you' or reply in a mature manner. Or even try to win the cleric to his side.

Fayose is an elected leader and not an emperor. He derives his power from the people.

The fact is that many factors are against Fayose on this matter. The first is age. The second is that man must have a band of sympathisers, across religions. The third is that the cleric did not abuse him or backstab him.

Follow this matter and see where it will end.

How many times has Buhari fired at Fayose for all his virulent and very personal criticisms of Buhari? Fayose went to Aso Rock and still lambasted Buhari right there.

Democracy is not fire for fire o.

Again, you should know that whatever power any governor has is very temporary. Fayose will leave that seat and may need that man or his sympathisers tomorrow.
Re: Gov.fayose Attack Muslim Cleric Sheikh Muhydeen Over Advice To Exercise Decorum by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 30, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
You don't get it do you? It's an infradig to even publicly address the governor like that to his face! It's not done anywhere. That is why in functions like dat u'll hear "all protocols duly observed". He is the first man of ekiti state and can't be insulted both overtly or covertly. Trust me if it was el-rufai it would have been worse. Age? Lol. It gets to a point in life whereby one gets what one dishes. The cleric disrespected the position of the governor and ther governor and u still expect him to be respected? How naa. Trust me, sympathisers or not can't stop Fayose's ambition if any. He is loved by the pple dat matter when it comes to decision making.

I've seen two instances of people advising governors in public and they didn't take any umbrage.

What of that?

Restraint is not easy but it's very possible an rewarding.

There's even a way you can make the person advising you look like a fool, with the right language and style.
Re: Gov.fayose Attack Muslim Cleric Sheikh Muhydeen Over Advice To Exercise Decorum by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:21am On Mar 30, 2016
Having restraint or not is personal and unfortunately Fayose isn't one to keep calm especially when he feels he is right. If Fayose had attacked the cleric first, it would have been a different ball game. Much as I try to, I can't blame Fayose because he didn't just defend himself as the governor of a State, he defended the position of a governor. I'm yet to meet a governor who got disrespected to his face and kept calm tho. Advice and disrespect are totally different and if Fayose didn't feel insulted, he wouldn't have fired back. Pple should learn decorum and protocol please.
Activa:

I've seen two instances of people advising governors in public and they didn't take any umbrage.

What of that?

Restraint is not easy but it's very possible an rewarding.

There's even a way you can make the person advising you look like a fool, with the right language and style.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The History Had Repeating Itself, East Attack West Again! / Restructuring Nigeria :Sultan Joins Debate - Vanguard Photo / I'll Pay All Your 7months Unpaid Salary On Monday If You Vote For Jegede_mimiko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.