Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,357 members, 7,868,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:37 AM

Running With Patience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Running With Patience (322 Views)

"APC Running Nigeria As Muslim Organization, Marginalising Christians" - CAN / SA Mob Beat Up Cele Pastor Accused Of Selling Drugs, Running Brothels (pics) / *i Think Every Nigerian That Loves Nigeria Ought To Read This With Patience.* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Running With Patience by Seyibabalola(m): 10:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
Running with Patience

Have you ever seen runners in an athlete running with patience all through the race? Even some who start the race in a patient speed soon run fast to outrun others and get to the stop line first. Yea, that's how it works in an earthly race, if you want to win the prize. But in the race of PURPOSE, such running principle or attitude does not work, if you want to win.Scripture says, " Let us run with patience the race that is set before us"-Heb. 12:1. "How could God tell me to run with patience. There is no time, i need to get there fast. I can't wait any longer. My mates are already hitting it real big. They think they are greater than me, and you are saying I should be patient" These are things that go through people's minds. But let me first tell you that God works totally opposite to things that are reasonable to humans. His ways are not humanly reasonable.
Listen, the race of PURPOSE is not a competitive race, unlike earthly race. Everyone has his own stop mark and his own prize. So, it's not about who gets there first. It's not about who builds a house first, who buys a car first, who marries first, or who gets a job first. We are not going to the same destination, unlike in earthly race where everyone is to arrive at the same place. And let me tell you this: THE GREATER YOUR DESTINATION, THE MORE PATIENCE YOUR RACE REQUIRES.
God is more concerned about you running the race well than you getting there quickly. Those who get there quickly but ran the race bad end up wounded, battered and not getting the best from God. This is another reason you need to run with patience. In the race of fulfilling your glorious destiny, you are to take your each step after God's. He is there to teach you how to take your steps, show you pitfalls to avoid, encourage you to continue when you feel weak or weary and make you blind to distractions. Running your race well matters very much to getting to the stop line at the appointed time and receiving the prize. The stop line for you is a unique one. It is different from other people's. So, you have no business in questioning why your own line has to take you years to arrive. Everything is been made perfect by God. You have no business in knowing when or why you are just getting to your own line of building houses, buying exotic cars, having big money in your bank account, owning landed properties, traveling overseas or getting married.
There is a need for patience to fulfill your God's given destiny. You have to be patient. Hebrews 10:36: "For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise" Hebrews 6:12: "That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises" James 1:4: "But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing". Let patience have its way, so that you can receive the best in life. BE PATIENT!

- Pastor Michael Seyi Babalola

(1) (Reply)

THE DRIVER, THE LADY, AND THE QUESTION / Know Your Enemy 1 / Overcoming Trials 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.