Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,825 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC (1558 Views)

How Can We Save Nigeria Economy From Further Recession? / Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal To Save N16.4bn Monthly For Govt / No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by HungerBAD: 3:21am On Mar 30, 2016
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, has said it has saved N100 billion monthly through subsidy removal. The Corporation said this in a statement released and signed by its Group General Manager Group Public Affairs Division, Garba Deen Mohammed while explaining NNPC’s move to end fuel scarcity. According to him, the Corporation has been able to manage prices at current levels through modulations, as a result, saving a whopping N100 billion monthly for the country.

“We have been able to eliminate subsidy payments by managing prices at current levels through price modulation. This has resulted to savings of N100 billion monthly for the nation,” he said. Also, the Corporation finally came clean on the reason it has been solely responsible for fuel importation through the months.

He explained that the current administration inherited a huge catalogue of issues and problems in the downstream sector not limited to arrears of subsidy payments to oil marketers. Other issues, it said included “corruption and inefficiencies in the supply and distribution chain, incessant vandalism of pipelines and poor performance of refineries, among others,” he said.

Mohammed said combination of the above problems, resulted in most oil majors “completely pulling out” from the importation business, making the NNPC to assume a near 100 percent importation obligation without necessary logistics put in place. He however, said NNPC management had initiated and made progress on various key solutions to providing a lasting solution to the issues.

Lalasticlacla, mynd44

http://dailytimes.ng/save-n100b-monthly-subsidy-removal-nnpc/

1 Like

Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by nosypat(m): 3:55am On Mar 30, 2016
Hmm
Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by mrofficial(m): 3:58am On Mar 30, 2016
Good news. I hope the money will be channeled into the right places and not embezzled.
Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by dokunbam(m): 4:03am On Mar 30, 2016
Good

Time will tell, am sure we will get it right.

It could be rough at first, God's willing Nigeria shall be great again
Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by ademega(m): 4:14am On Mar 30, 2016
this government would eventually make their enemies eat the pie - the humble one so to say

1 Like

Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by Firefire(m): 4:23am On Mar 30, 2016
“We have been able to eliminate subsidy payments by managing prices at current levels through price modulation. This has resulted to savings of N100 billion monthly for the nation,”

Nonsensical nonsense.

Why is this government so deceitful and fraudulent ? You mention savings and price management ?

See my computation below, and let someone tell this government to stop telling lies about savings when Nigerians are the one indirectly paying for the removed subsidy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by malele(m): 4:24am On Mar 30, 2016
Goats leading this country, u save 100billion monthly, that's 1.2 trillion a year yet there is nothing to show for it, no road, no light, absolutely nothing.
Then what is the money being saved used for?
I thought they said 9ja has no money, what is holding them from investing this money in this country to up grade people's standard of live.
Right now am outside Nigeria for training, after seeing how a country should be ran, am so afraid of coming back, I hear of the fuel scarcity and the epileptic power supply everyday, and one fool is telling me we save 100billion every month. It's unfortunate

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by mrofficial(m): 4:26am On Mar 30, 2016
Firefire:
Nonsensical nonsense.

Lol - Politics. You don't even sleep. Is it that serious?
Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by Burger01(m): 4:29am On Mar 30, 2016
All these monies...why do you keep them

4 Likes

Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by Flexherbal(m): 4:31am On Mar 30, 2016
Nigeria is rich! We save that amount of money monntly, and we don't have good roads.

6 Likes

Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by BossKratos: 4:36am On Mar 30, 2016
angry

You save N100 billion monthly abi? But yet you cannot adequately purchase and ensure availability of your product to your citizens?

Moronic agency!!!

6 Likes

Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by Firefire(m): 4:39am On Mar 30, 2016
mrofficial:

Lol - Politics. You don't even sleep. Is it that serious?

This government can lie. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by malton: 4:42am On Mar 30, 2016
malele:
Goats leading this country, u save 100billion monthly, that's 1.2 trillion a year yet there is nothing to show for it, no road, no light, absolutely nothing.
I thought they said 9ja has no money, what is holding them from investing this money in this country to up grade people's standard of live.
Right now am outside Nigeria for training, after seeing how a country should be ran, am so afraid of coming back, I hear of the fuel scarcity and the epileptic power supply everyday, and one fool is telling me we save 100billion every month. It's unfortunate
Hmmm, brother, our leaders lack foresight, + patriotism doesn't even know how to begin to locate their abode!
They are in power just for the sake of it and aggrandizement of their kith and kin!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by christinie(f): 4:59am On Mar 30, 2016
And you convert the money to what use?

Don't come here to ask me what the previous Government used the subsidy money for, even though we all know people benefited from the SURE-P programme.

This is a very straightforward question.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by Nobody: 5:33am On Mar 30, 2016
They should just shut up! You save 100billion and the economic is gasping for breath? Mad men.

1 Like

Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by blackpanda: 5:47am On Mar 30, 2016
malele:

You calling people goats when you are the one who is ignorant. That govt saved N100b doesnt mean the money is stashed somewhere, rather that is N100b that we didnt have to cough out. Besides, the budget was jst passed and hasnt even been accented to, so where do u expect govt to spend for road constructn etc?

Dont rush to insult people when you dont understand issues.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by Firefire(m): 5:53am On Mar 30, 2016
blackpanda:

You calling people goats when you are the one who is ignorant. That govt saved N100b doesnt mean the money is stashed somewhere, rather that is N100b that we didnt have to cough out. Besides, the budget was jst passed and hasnt even been accented to, so where do u expect govt to spend for road constructn etc?

Was that really a savings or just passing the subsidy burden to the final consumers (Nigerians) ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by blackpanda: 6:02am On Mar 30, 2016
Firefire:

Was that really a savings or just passing the subsidy burden to the final consumers (Nigerians) ?

How do you mean? We arent paying more than the pump price and we arent paying subsidy, so I dont get your question.
Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by tunwumi: 6:06am On Mar 30, 2016
I don't believe this as rumours still have it that some cartel are still been paid subsidy. Pls tell us another story

1 Like

Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by Pidggin(f): 6:14am On Mar 30, 2016
Is this why we buy fuel for N200/ltr when it sells for $40/barrel in the world market? It seems the masses are paying for the subsidy indirectly
Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by babdap: 6:15am On Mar 30, 2016
Keep saving 100billion while Nigerian re on the queue day n night.
Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by SleekAbokii: 6:16am On Mar 30, 2016
If you add this 100 billion monthly with the over $300 billion this administration has so far claimed to recover you would believe Nigeria is an Eldorado by now! APC white lies are only meant to give hopeless hope to the feeble minded.

APC seems to be dancing a tune of death and taking our economy with them to the grave. We need to rescue this nation from these mofos in power before it all collapse on us all and they all jet away like Mr President who is currently on honeymoon with tax payers monies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by omowolewa: 6:20am On Mar 30, 2016
Where are the gains going to, government/NNPC account?
Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by ochilikoko(m): 6:21am On Mar 30, 2016
We recovered $300B from loots and save at least #100B monthly from Subsidy yet u claim that there is no money to pay Lazy youths 5K. God is watching ooo

1 Like

Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by SleekAbokii: 6:23am On Mar 30, 2016
malele:
When you step away from Nigeria and see how things are simplified and working,shame will catch you about Nigeria and then you get real mad about her political elites.

I used to think having steady public power supply all year round was rocket science or having most of the things we see as luxuries in Nigeria and brag. I was humbled. All Nigeria political class up till now should be rounded up for acts of injustice against her citizens. Even carrying Nigerian passport is a burden.
Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by ifyan(m): 6:26am On Mar 30, 2016
Why is APC like this. Every now and then you save this, you save that.

Tomorrow we have technically defeated petroleum scarcity.

Kai! May God help and save us from the SAINT AND UNCORRUPTABLE PARTY.

You know. .......

1 Like

Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by SleekAbokii: 6:32am On Mar 30, 2016
christinie:
And you convert the money to what use?

Don't come here to ask me what the previous Government used the money for, even though we all know people benefited from the SURE-P programme.

This is a very straightforward question.

APC is A government premised on lies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by Bawsse(m): 7:37am On Mar 30, 2016
Use ur heads people, that the money was saved doesn't mean it was collected and stored somewhere...

It just means, the government didn't need to release the said fund for subsidy settlements.
Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by DaGC(m): 7:42am On Mar 30, 2016
Honestly, I couldn't care less. I just want to get PMS and at the right price. In all my life as a Nigerian, I've never seen scarcity last up to 2-3months. Smh

The annoying thing is that the N150 - N160 per litre rate is now becoming normal because its been that way for months. Its a shame that it is such at a time when the price of oil is low.
Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by malele(m): 7:59am On Mar 30, 2016
blackpanda:

**** like u make me sick of this country, what is holding them from passing and approving the budget, is it not people greed and selfishness, if the budget was clean, it would have been passed since. We have urgent issues at hand, budget is being delayed and u think we don't have goats as leaders?
Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by malele(m): 8:03am On Mar 30, 2016
SleekAbokii:

When you step away from Nigeria and see how things are simplified and working,shame will catch you about Nigeria and then you get real mad about her political elites.

I used to think having steady public power supply all year round was rocket science or having most of the things we see as luxuries in Nigeria and brag. I was humbled. All Nigeria political class up till now should be rounded up for acts of injustice against her citizens. Even carrying Nigerian passport is a burden.

I was held at the airport for 2hours in the country I went for training, because I showed 9ja passport, the bad thing is that these goats we have as leaders travel round the world, and they still refuse to implement what they see outside here.
Re: We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC by SleekAbokii: 8:10am On Mar 30, 2016
malele:

I was held at the airport for 2hours in the country I went for training, because I showed 9ja passport, the bad thing is that these goats we have as leaders travel round the world, and they still refuse to implement what they see outside here.
I had to dump the Nigeria passport and adopt a new country with respected passport. I just can't seem to understand the political leaders of Nigeria. If you finds means leave the country for good and stay out of range for now. Judgment is coming on all Nigerian political elites and it would be very violent. I will be honoured to lead the frontline.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity:BBC And PDP Mock Buhari(pic) / Shame! See The Deplorable State Of A Popular Airport In Nigeria (photos) / 6 Funny Names Nigerians Called Former President Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.