Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Play Me Or I’m Off, Mikel Issues Ultimatum To Chelsea - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Play Me Or I’m Off, Mikel Issues Ultimatum To Chelsea (589 Views)

Croatian Coach Writes Off Mikel, Iwobi / Access Bank Shades Man United After It Lost 4 - 0 To Chelsea (photo) / Mikel Obi Reacts To Buhari's Wife In Kitchen Comment With This Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Play Me Or I’m Off, Mikel Issues Ultimatum To Chelsea by Sammyashol(m): 7:04am On Mar 30, 2016
MIKEL Obi insists he is ready to leave Chelsea this summer, saying, “I’d rather walk than spend next season on the bench, the Sun reports.” The defensive midfielder arrived at Stamford Bridge from Lyn in Norway almost 10 years ago but has slowly seen the likes of Ramires, Nemanja Matic and Cesc Fabregas overtake him. Now 28, Mikel – who scored in the first leg of Chelsea’s first leg Champions League defeat to Paris St Germain – is tired of being a mere squad player. The Nigerian skipper said, “I have one more season with Chelsea but I know when this season ends, we will definitely sit down and try to sort out whatever needs to be sorted out. “If it means me leaving, fine. If it means me staying, then I have to play because one thing I don’t want to do is to sit on the bench like I did before.” Mikel’s current contract at Chelsea runs out next year so the Blues would need to sell him this summer to get a fee. The impending arrival of new manager Antonio Conte will undoubtedly push Mikel further down the pecking order as the Italian is expected to spend big.
Re: Play Me Or I’m Off, Mikel Issues Ultimatum To Chelsea by Sammyashol(m): 7:07am On Mar 30, 2016
Re: Play Me Or I’m Off, Mikel Issues Ultimatum To Chelsea by jotey(m): 12:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
na now day break

(1) (Reply)

Today's Surebetting Tips / Fifa Warns Nigeria To Reinstate Sacked Officials Or Face Ban / Man City Defender Kolarov Loses Front Tooth During Epic Derby Battle (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.